July 2017 Moms

July EcoFriendly Mama's

124»

Re: July EcoFriendly Mama's

• Have to post my excitement for today!  Ordered baby's crib mattress!  Naturepedic Ultra 2-in-1 Organic Cotton.  I spent a pretty penny on it.  Am TOTALLY jealous as to how much cheaper it is in the US (almost half the price!)  I spent many months researching mattresses so if you're looking for an organic cotton option, I am confident recommending that it is the BEST.

Mine is a 2 in 1 so firmer on 1 side for an infant and a little less so on the other for a toddler.  It's a coil spring which I went with over the lightweight because I read about some sagging with the lightweight.  I read on WTE about "being careful with organic claims" but that is not the case with Naturepedic and the research has lead me to that conclusion (not to mention it's highly recommended on pretty much every organic blog you will find as well) Their waterproofing is made of polyurethane which is generally a big no-no in the chemical world BUT theirs is so natural it's safe enough to eat.  There is zero harmful chemicals / flame retardants in their mattresses.  Here are the certifications they boast:  

• UL/GREENGUARD Gold Certified
    • Meets the organic and non-toxic standards of the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and/or the Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS)
    • Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Environment Certified to meet the UL formaldehyde-free standard
    • OCS 100 Organic Content Standard - means that they have tracked the organic material from its source to the finished product
    • Certified by the Rainforest Alliance (products have been produced using sustainable methods) 
    • Certified by MADE SAFE (no harmful ingredients) 

Naturepedic also makes a more affordable mattress called Lullaby Earth.  
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Canadian Bumpie
    BusyZee
  • @stokesm21 thanks babe, I owe you  <3
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    100 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 13
    I have a question, what are you mommas doing for stretch marks? I know I'm stretch mark prone because I have one teeny one on my boob, and during puberty I got a bunch on my butt. I have a tiger print butt (tmi) but it's not too visible anymore (not as much as when I was 14) 

im using spoiled mama oil and cream, (on and off) if anyone as any better recommendation please share!
  • BusyZee said:
    I have a question, what are you mommas doing for stretch marks? I know I'm stretch mark prone because I have one teeny one on my boob, and during puberty I got a bunch on my butt. I have a tiger print butt (tmi) but it's not too visible anymore (not as much as when I was 14) 

im using spoiled mama oil and cream, (on and off) if anyone as any better recommendation please share!
    Just organic unrefined coconut oil in this house! I use it at least twice a day, but pretty much try to keep my belly, back, and boobs greased up all day every day. I guess you could say I'm "prone" to stretch marks because all women for 3 generations on both sides of my family have them. But I worked really hard and managed to avoid them with baby # 1 (no excessive weight gain, lots of moisturizer, cool showers, no scratching). And I'm hoping to avoid them with baby # 2. Definitely try the coconut oil. 
    stokesm21BusyZee
124»