Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Benched / TTA Check-in Week of 1/23

ChloandCocoChloandCoco member
edited January 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 

This is my first time starting a new discussion, please let me know if I'm missing anything!

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS? 

GTKY: What is one goal you want to accomplish before the end of the month? (Taken from the TWO thread) *edited due to typo*

Re: Benched / TTA Check-in Week of 1/23

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? BOTB and lack of patience.

How long do you think you'll be here? Until mid-April or approximately 80 days. 

How have things been going? Things have been going pretty good this week. For the last few weeks, it felt like the days were dragging. But last week just flew by, so hopefully this week will pass by quickly too.

Any R/R/CS? None at the moment.

GTKY: What is one goal you want to accomplish before the end of the month? I want to start working out this week. I finally brought in my bike and the equipment to be able to use it indoors, so I'm hoping I can find time in the next couple of days.
  • Options
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA - 

What brings you here? 
    my husband is having some major work issues and we just decided it would be better to wait to TTC until we have some resolution. 

How long do you think you'll be here? Around June 2017 - I hope not quite that long, but I'm not holding my breath. 

How have things been going? DH and I had a hard weekend, trying to talk through this latest situation. He would so much rather keep things in so I don't worry, but I hate being kept in the dark. I'm still frustrated becuase of how long we've had to wait already, but I know TTC now, when we may have to move this fall, is not the best time. 

Any R/R/CS? 

GTKY: What is one goal you want to accomplish before the end of the month? (Taken from the TWW thread) I want to keep revamping my diet so I'm avoiding almost any prepared/pre-packaged foods. I've been making some progress, but I want to get away from as many packages/cans as possible. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Going back to school for a certificate program in graphic design; want to make sure course load is fine before potentially tackling any morning sickness, etc.

How long do you think you'll be here? May

How have things been going? Good! My last day at my job was last week, and my classes start this week. I'm really excited. 

Any R/R/CS? Nah. I'm still temping, sort of, but the last day of my period was on NYE, so the drinking sort of effed up my temps from the beginning (my temp spikes hard the day after drinking), and then I've been traveling, so I haven't been keeping good track of it. I'm sort of using my temps as birth control, which I know is iffy, but DH and I don't bone that much, so I think it'll be fine. If something happens, meh - meant to be, right? 

GTKY: What is one goal you want to accomplish before the end of the month? (Taken from the TWW thread) Get our guest room/office 100% up and running. I want to go through all the boxes and throw away the junk we don't need and make the whole thing pretty and inviting. 
  • Options
    Are you benched or TTA? 
    TTA
    What brings you here? 
    Here relearning to chart my cycles

June

Not bad

Any R/R/CS? 
    I just got over the flu. I've never had it before...not fun!

GTKY: What is one goal you want to accomplish before the end of the month?
    I'm trying to work out again. I was going strong before getting sick. Now I'm trying to get my motivation back.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Are you benched or TTA? 
    TTA

What brings you here? 
    As someone else said, BOTB and no patience. I'm ready to start for #2 but DH isn't :/

If DH gets his way, at least until August. If I can get him to give in to my begging, I could be TTC at any point, lol. Likely not till after February though, that will make our son 1 at least.

Good I guess. I feel like today was a bad day.

Any R/R/CS? 
    So I've gathered the R/R means rants or raves, not sure what the CS is?

Rant: 
    BIL and his fiancé are apparently wanting to do a destination wedding in Jamaica. That pretty much means that DH and I can't go on our planned vacation and have to save money for that instead. And even then we probably won't be able to afford it.
    Also, my mom has been annoying me lately. She's wanting to move to Arizona with a friend, and she's been spending 24/7 with her lately. And she couldn't make time for extended family yesterday, but is now insisting that she needs my sister and I for a girls night for something important. She's just been annoying me lately.

GTKY: What is one goal you want to accomplish before the end of the month? (Taken from the TWW thread)
    Start working out again. I was while pregnant with DS but quit as I got bigger/after I had him. I'd like to lose some of the lingering weight from that pregnancy before I do get pregnant again.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @libgirl1981 I'm sorry you had a hard weekend with your DH. Hopefully he opens up to you soon and you can get a better idea for a TTC timeline.

@pumpkin0913 I'm sorry you have to join our thread, hopefully you aren't benched too long. It's great that you are learning how to use a sewing machine, and rice heating packs are the best!

@doxiemoxie Yay for classes starting this week!!

@JNCPro3130 The flu is definitely not fun! 

@CecilB93 I thought CS meant comments, but I could be completely wrong. I hope today goes better for you than yesterday.
  • Options
    izza2izza2 member
    edited January 2017
    @CecilB93 @ChloandCoco
    CS = Chart Stalk
    Our most used acronyms are covered in the Newbie guide.

@pumpkin0913 - Sorry you find yourself here. <3 GL with the sewing! H is the person who can sew between us. I can do basic needle and thread to fix a hole in something, but only if it's not meant to last long. :wink:

TTA, school, another 7-8 months, things are going.
    GTKY: Aside from keeping grades us? I would like to re-organize my desk/paperwork and make it so I can do my school work there again. Sounds simple, but my desk is the catch-all for everything from school papers to cords to pictures to mail.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA? Benched and hating every freaking minute of it

What brings you here? Surgery (hopefully next month, but now they're saying March, grr) and a med change.

How long do you think you'll be here? March at the latest. If they postpone my surgery past that, then I'm postponing the surgery (it's elective).

How have things been going? They're going ok, and I think my body is coming back around after being diagnosed with Graves Disease; I saw EWCM yesterday and today for the first time since my October cycle.

Any R/R/CS? Just my oldest friend being a complete TwatWaffle- posted in that thread if you care to look. I'm sending her a breakup letter with her house key back later tonight. I've just hit my limit mentally with her constant drama.

GTKY: What is one goal you want to accomplish before the end of the month? Lose 5 pounds. My weight has skyrocketed and I'm now 60lbs overweight. So I'm hitting it hard to lose weight again. I'm sucking at life right now.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited January 2017
    Are you benched or TTA? benched

What brings you here? MC at 8 weeks on 1/8

How long do you think you'll be here? However long it takes to O and get AF

How have things been going? emotional... I thought I wasn't going to O and then I thought I was, but I haven't. I haven't seen an anovulatory cycle yet since I started doing OPKs in June, so I'm hoping it's coming.

Any R/R/CS? Here ya go. I had what looks to be a positive OPK on CD 8 (first cycle AL) and 9, 11, 15, 16, 17. Lots of EWCM on CD 15, 16, 17 but no temp rise yet. Since HCG was 53 on CD 9, I'm gonna say 9 and 11 were null and void. However, I get CH for CD8 if I put them in. I'm thinking it's way too early and what would be post O temps are too low. I can't imagine people who don't have this "complication" not temping and doing OPKs because I am going nuts!! Let's hope I O or at least that this cycle goes by fast. 

GTKY: What is one goal you want to accomplish before the end of the month? (Taken from the TWW thread)

This was taken from WTO because I posted it.  :D I would like to ovulate!! Also, DH and I are coming up with more concrete ideas (not plans  yet) for remodeling our kitchen. 

@sheknows6 Sorry you have to wait for surgery. Maybe this time will be good for you to get everything in order. I'm worried about my thyroid too, but I wonder if it's more towards Addison's than Graves. Maybe having Lyme just mimics that. Who knows...
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco Amen sister.

@libgirl1981 I am sorry you are having to deal with that.  I just got laid off from my job in Nov so I know that struggle all too well.

@pumpkin0913 I am so sorry for your loss.  I have always wanted to learn how to so but I am not sure I have the patience for it.  Good job on your projects!!

@doxiemoxie212 Yay for school!!  How long does the certificate program go for?

@JNCPro3130 Is there a specific type of workouts you are in to?

@sheknows6 I am sorry you are here and your friend is being a TW.  GL with the weight loss!  I am in the same boat.

Are you benched or TTA? 
    TTA

What brings you here? Lost my job in Nov.  DH and I agreed to hold off till my birthday and we will discuss where we are at that point.

How long do you think you'll be here? My birthday is a week from Friday so we will evaluate then.  

How have things been going? Good days and bad days.

Any R/R/CS? Buckle up this could get long.  I got my resume updated and sent out a ton of applications last week hoping to get some hits.  So far all I have gotten is rejections.  I am very conflicted on how I feel about everything.  I want to start trying for a baby more than anything.  I have never imagined myself to not be working when we do that.  We can survive off of DHs salary but for obviously it will be more comfortable if we both have an income.  I am just so damn sick of waiting. Sorry ladies. I know I am not the only one going through this and there are such bigger problems out there just being in my vacuum frustrates me sometimes.

GTKY: What is one goal you want to accomplish before the end of the month? (Taken from the TWW thread) Get the Master Bath remodel finished and get moved back in!!

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? My husband is deployed and we started TTC over the holidays during our honeymoon, which has apparently been unsuccessful.

How long do you think you'll be here? The earliest I'll see my husband is April, but more realistically August

How have things been going? Meh. I have good days and bad days. I'm mostly just frustrated because I'm waiting for AF to return (since I stopped extended-cycle HBC in December), because I'm not going to start charting/temping until CD 1. 

Any R/R/CS? I'm really frustrated that DH isn't home and I don't know when I'll see him again. He's been calling me on Skype at 2 AM my time and that's all we've been able to talk the past few days. I appreciate him making the effort (we have very different opinions on appropriate level of communication), but I'd love to talk when I'm not half-asleep

GTKY: What is one goal you want to accomplish before the end of the month? Get my house really clean. When I get depressed, the first thing that goes is keeping my house neat. I'm less depressed, but my house is still a mess- it needs to be vacuumed, mopped, and lots of scrubbing.
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @Sglen3, right now I'm lifting weights Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and then running Tuesday and Thursday.  I don't particularly like working out but I was in a routine and liking it before I got sick. For the past 2 days I've lifted and run, but I'm not as into it. I'm hoping to get more excited if I see results. *shrugs*

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @izza2 Thanks for clarifying CS!

@NYTino24 Oops! I was flip-flopping between the WTO and TWW daily question. It was a typo and I apologize for misquoting it. I hope this cycle goes by quickly for you and it's a good thing you are temping and to double check the OPKs.
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco No problem! I hope we are all off the bench quickly!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @Sglen3 I'll be done by August probably. It's only 9 classes, and I'm doing 5 classes in the spring, so I figure I'll do 4 in the summer and be done. Who knows, though. Sorry to hear about your job sitch - so far being unemployed by choice is fun, but I've been unemployed not by choice before and I remember how maddening it was. Sending good vibes!
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 I have never liked working out until I found a fun workout for me.  See if your gym offers classes too that could be fun depending on what they are.

@doxiemoxie212 Thanks Lady!!  Yes it's always better when it is on your own terms. lol. I am so excited for you with your classes.  At least they should be over (relatively) quickly for you.  

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• Options
    @libgirl1981 I'm sorry to hear about your DH's work issues, and the possibility of moving definitely affects TTC.  I hope things work out soon and you can start TTC!

Are you benched or TTA?  TTA

What brings you here? Waiting until I graduate from grad school and either DH or I find a job for next fall somewhere else and we know where that somewhere else is...

How long do you think you'll be here? Until May.

How have things been going? Pretty good! Today is CD1 so I'm going to start temping tomorrow.  Last time I only tempt once cycle and got pregnant (and FF could not make heads or tails of my chart) so I want to get a head start before TTC.

Any R/R/CS? I had my annual appointment yesterday and two raves: 1.) Doctor looked over my period-tracking (I have been concerned that cycles have been irregular since I started menstruating again after stopping BFing last February) and she determined that while they are on the long side, they actually do look pretty regular and she's pretty sure I'm ovulating, and 2.) My diastasis recti is all healed up (a year ago there was still one finger space between my abs), which was a major goal I had before TTC again, and I accomplished it!

GTKY: What is one goal you want to accomplish before the end of the month? Finish the book I'm reading.  I'm trying a reading challenge that amounts to two books/month and I only have a few more days to finish this one to win January.

• Options
    @wisewitch222 - thanks for the well wishes! Good luck with the job search. 

Yay for healing and regular, ovulating cycles! 
  • Options
    @izza2 thanks!! I know I've read all the acronyms, I've just forgotten some and it's difficult to bounce between threads on mobile.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18