March 2017 Moms

PGAL Check In 1/23

This is for all our March moms who have experienced a loss- we are here to support one another! 3

1. How far along are you?

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to?

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

4. GTKY: Inspired by watching Back to the Future the other day- one of my favorite movies...if you could have the opportunity to go to the future or the past, would you and why/why not? 

Re: PGAL Check In 1/23

• Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited January 2017
    1. How far along are you? 33 week 6 days 

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to? I have an appointment next Monday- then after that I start going to WEEKLY appointments...things are getting real! 

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Rave: Baby shower was really good- we got a lot of nice things and just felt so loved by everyone; Just made me happy to see so many people just as excited about the baby as we are :) Still a lot of things we need to get for the baby so a lot of shopping at BRU and BBB in our future! Did maternity photos yesterday as well and they turned out way better than I thought they would. Having a prenatal massage tomorrow!
    Rant: My feet are so swollen all the time now...it sucks. I wish I could wear slippers to work! 

4. GTKY: Inspired by watching Back to the Future the other day- one of my favorite movies...if you could have the opportunity to go to the future or the past, would you and why/why not? Just like in the movie, on one hand I am afraid to time travel in case I change something and screw up things but it would be interesting also to see parts of history that you just read about but actually be there! I don't think I would want to know what my future is like ahead of time so I would only want to go into the past. 
  • 1. How far along are you? 31 weeks 5 days

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to? Growth scan on Thursday. Also having my baby shower on Saturday!

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I've been extremely tired again. I feel like I'm back in the first trimester and I'm not sure what to do about it! I'm hoping that this will only last maybe three weeks and I'll get a little bit of energy back, but the exhaustion has been extreme. I got my maternity pics done last weekend. The rain didn't totally hold off but long enough to get some great shots!

4. GTKY: Inspired by watching Back to the Future the other day- one of my favorite movies...if you could have the opportunity to go to the future or the past, would you and why/why not?  Seeing the future would scare me, so I'd pick the past. Not to change anything, but the relive some days and times in my life that I really enjoyed like my wedding day! :)

@spartanrd4 I'm happy to hear you had a great baby shower! I'm swollen as well in my hands and feet and it's so annoying! My hands fall asleep sometimes when I'm eating.. ugh!

Me: 33 Hubs: 34

TTC since 5/2014

BFP: 7/27/14 MC: 9/20/14

BFP: 6/29/15 MC: 7/6/15

BFP: 7/17/16 EDD: 3/22/17

• Loading the player...

• 1. How far along are you? 32w3d

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to? Growth ultrasound on 2/2/17. 

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: At my appointment last week, OB told me that my belly/uterus/baby was measuring too small and decided to send me in for another growth ultrasound. Thia happened once before right after Christmas and everything turned out to be fine (baby was measuring in the 43rd percentile), so I'm sure everything is fine this time too, but my PGAL brain is still freaking out over the possibilities.

4. GTKY: Inspired by watching Back to the Future the other day- one of my favorite movies...if you could have the opportunity to go to the future or the past, would you and why/why not? I don't think I would... The past, for better or worse, has made me who I am today and I am proud of that. The future, in all of its uncertainty, is a mystery for a reason and I am not sure I would want my knowledge of future events to affect how I would act now... The journey of getting there is half of the fun. 
  • @sarahbobby hope your growth scan goes well and have fun at your baby shower!!

@JustAnotherUsername16 I hope your growth scan goes well too...I know how easy it is to let PGAL brain creep in. Sending you positive vibes!

• 1. How far along are you? 34+4

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to? 2/1 growth scan. Will go to the hospital 3x a week after that. Once to regular doc and twice to L&D for stress test

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: feeling excited about meeting baby girl and getting my body back

4. GTKY: Inspired by watching Back to the Future the other day- one of my favorite movies...if you could have the opportunity to go to the future or the past, would you and why/why not? Maybe the past. There are couple of things I would have changed like marrying my ex husband lol
  • @Spartanrd4 So glad to hear the shower went well! My feet also decided this weekend to swell up and not much seems to make the swelling go down. I actually wake up with swollen feet! 
    @sarahbobby I'm glad you were able to get some great shots despite the weather! Crazy that your hands have fallen asleep while eating! I've had them fall asleep in my sleep, but luckily not during the day. 
    @mcdonald-bailey I'm sorry you have to go to the hospital so often, but at least it means you are super close to meeting that beautiful baby! 
  • @mcdonald-bailey hope with closer monitoring it will give you more peace of mind....you are so close to meeting your baby girl! 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 I'll be off work by then so it's actually a good thing for my PGAL brain. I'm currently scheduled for a c-section on 2/23 so about one month to go. 
  • @spartanrd4 I'm glad you had a great shower!  The photos you shared were lovely.  Also your DH took the maternity photos for you?  They are beautiful!
    @sarahbobby I'm glad you weren't completely rained out & I think I would be too afraid to see the future too!
    @justanotherusername16  My little lady has a single umbilical artery, so growth restriction is a concern for me too.  I tell myself that if they were overly worried they would be making me go more frequently or immediately.  The fact that you are able to wait until the 2nd is probably a good sign, though I know it's hard to find comfort in that all the time.
    @mcdonald-bailey I think you have such a positive outlook about such frequent appointments.  Getting to see your baby girl that much is definitely a PGAL comfort.  You are amazingly strong.

1. How far along are you?  31w, yay for single digit week countdown!

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to?  I have my regular OB check on Friday & then my next and hopefully final growth check at 34w on 16-Feb.   I'm looking forward to the nursery furniture delivery on Saturday!!!  I have a feeling I am going to cry when I see it.   I hope they don't think I am a total wacko.

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:   I appreciate all the positive vibes you guys have provided in the past about my Mom.   She's in week 2 of her inpatient treatment for her severe depression/failure to thrive.   Her mood is doing well but she still isn't eating.   If you wouldn't mind, please continue to send good vibes for her to continue to improve.  Getting her well enough to be out of the hospital to be at my shower on Feb 18th is the short term goal.  She still remains pancreatic cancer free!

4. GTKY: Inspired by watching Back to the Future the other day- one of my favorite movies...if you could have the opportunity to go to the future or the past, would you and why/why not?   I would definitely not want to see spoilers for the future.   If I did go to the past I wouldn't do anything to try to change anything.  All the experiences I have had are what has made me who I am today & while not everything I have been through has been easy, I wouldn't change it.   It would be nice to relive some of my favorite moments though!
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @MrsBinPA I'll continue sending thoughts and prayers to you and your mom... Also, I totally get what you're saying about reliving favorite moments. I wish I could go back and just be a spectator at some of my favorite days as well
  • @MrsBinPA thank you! DH does wedding photography so he takes a lot of pictures of us...he did our engagement pictures too (he has a tripod and uses a remote to take the pictures). Our baby will be the most photographed girl in the world! I will continue to keep your mom in my thoughts, so excited for you to get all your nursery furniture!! :)
  • @mrsbinpa I will say some prayers for your mom.

@justanotherusername16 these growth scans can be nerve wracking. My mind starts racing when I think of the possibilities.

@McDonald-bailey 2/23 is my hubby's birthday. What a wonderful day!

Me: 33 Hubs: 34

TTC since 5/2014

BFP: 7/27/14 MC: 9/20/14

BFP: 6/29/15 MC: 7/6/15

BFP: 7/17/16 EDD: 3/22/17

• @MrsBinPA that's great news. Hoping you get continued good news. 
  • @MrsBinPA Great news! I'm glad she's got some fight left in her. No doubt that she naturally is strong and it's simply the evilness that is depression that takes the spark away. Continuing to send you positive vibes as we enter February!

@JustAnotherUsername16 My PgAL brain would be in a tizzy as well, but I am glad your OB is so cautious and wants to make sure everything is going well. Best of luck at your next growth scan!

@sarahbobby Wishing you luck at your growth scan tomorrow. My baby shower is on Saturday too! :) 

1. How far along are you? 33 + 3

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to? Next appt is Feb 10 and baby shower is this weekend!

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: At my appt yesterday, fundal height measured the same as it did 12 days ago. I'm now 33cm at 33 weeks, making me on target instead of ahead for the first time this pregnancy. OB wasn't concerned at all and didn't even flinch when she saw that I was 33 cm at 31 weeks. She explained it's a subjective test to begin with and that they only get alarmed if we're measuring way behind or way ahead all of a sudden. Still, my PgAL brain is worried that LO will start a pattern of slowing down now. 

4. GTKY: Inspired by watching Back to the Future the other day- one of my favorite movies...if you could have the opportunity to go to the future or the past, would you and why/why not? 

I'd go into the past only to enjoy what used to be, not to change anything. And I do not want to know what the future holds; the present can be overwhelming and surprising enough! :)