Trying to Get Pregnant

Monday Mental Health Check-In Week of 1/23

***This thread has a general trigger warning! Idea stolen from a BMB... This post can be replied to at any time during the week! Not limited to those with a diagnosis, but please be sensitive others. We will attempt to be as flame free as possible!*** 

How are you doing? Feel free to share a gif, pic, or meme that helps you.
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: Monday Mental Health Check-In Week of 1/23

• @adirat I love that idea! And your DH's insight into the male side of things is very eye opening. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us!
  • Loading the player...
  • @adirat thanks for sharing! I may have to check out the book and see if DH is up for trying that. 
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • LoveInDCLoveInDC member
    edited January 2017
    @NYTino24 - I'm sending you a TW not to check the "friend's wedding" thread if you haven't already. If you have, sending hugs and know you're free to talk here if you need to.

ETA: Just an update that the thread has since been edited and NYTino24 seems to have visited via "Love it"s.
  • @hartmich I'm glad you guys could have a conversation, but oh my god that blows. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that. It is already so hard and I can't imagine going through this without him being "all in." Maybe after a SA and your testing, he'll feel a little differently? FX for you guys...

• @hartmich I'm so glad you guys had a discussion and that you're in a better place than Saturday. @adirat pretty much said it all perfectly - all of this is hard enough without your DH being confused. You're right, it isn't fair at all. My guess (and hope) is that after a couple months of NTNP he'll come around. In the mean time just be gentle with yourself and with him. There's no right or wrong way to get through this. <3
  • @adirat Honestly I'm okay with that part of it. I am not mentally or emotionally ready for an IUI or anything like that yet, so the only thing different would be not temping or doing OPKs. And honestly, the earliest they'd be able to start any "treatment" is my March cycle, so that's already 5+ more weeks anyway. So in a perfect world, in March maybe I start some medications for PCOS and we try on our own for a few cycles, and then go from there. So I'm thankful our "timeline" isn't really interrupted. 

I also have a feeling that if his SA comes back normal, he'll be relieved and it will remove a lot of stress. I'm relatively sure it will be normal considering *TW* we got KU on our 3rd cycle (which I am pretty sure looking back that we didn't have great timing our first cycle, because I didn't temp back then... so really it was our 2nd cycle) *end TW* but obviously I can't be 100% sure of that. But considering that my testosterone came back high, all signs point to the issue being with me.

• @sheknows6 Dang, I really thought it was you. Now I'll never be able to credit who recommended the book to me! Sorry again about being benched -- it's a nightmare and I'm so sorry you have to deal with it. Although it is definitely the right choice while you prioritize health, it BLOWS! Hugs.

@hartmich I get it. There are so many feelings involved in all of this and you have to go at your own pace. Who knows, maybe after five weeks of no baby he'll be singing a different tune.

• @sheknows6 I can definitely sympathize (empathize? I've always mixed the two up) with frustration over being benched. All the hugs and cute animal GIFs your way.
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited January 2017
    @adirat *TW* I would say his main issue is he thinks you can't have a healthy pregnancy immediately after a MC, so he doesn't want to try until next cycle. The doc said lining may be thinner and that is one reason why people MAY want to wait in addition to dating being more difficult. They don't want unnecessary anxiety added to TTCAL if someone thinks they should be farther along than they really are. Although my temps and OPKs are weird, I know my body well enough and if I'm ovulating (and on time / early), my body must think it's ready. He just disagrees and thinks I need a "nice and heavy" AF to be ready, which he wasn't clear (or necessarily right about). ~Cue discussion on why men shouldn't make decisions regarding women's bodies!!~ He doesn't really get it all and thinks I'm rushing it because I'm panicking... I'm just trying to be happy that I think I will O. As much as it sucks that there MAY be no chance or a small chance this cycle, I'm okay with that. */TW
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @adirat didn't you have a lovely AF-related GIF that involved jam? Maybe that's what @NYTino24's DH is referring to. 

• LuND said:
    @adirat didn't you have a lovely AF-related GIF that involved jam? Maybe that's what @NYTino24's DH is referring to. 

Now I need to see it...
  • Like an idiot I didn't save it to my computer... let me see if I can find it again.

• @adirat, @LuND, @hartmich - Yes. Exactly. thank you for putting it so eloquently!

DH and I finally talked last night. He was hiding some issues at work from me and that plus TTC was just too much pressure. We've decided to take a step back to resolve those issues and move to TTC again this summer, once his work situation is resolved. 

Like @sheknows6, I have a petty inability to be patient (had to steal the phrase, it was too perfect!) and I'm chafing a bit at having to wait, but am trying to focus my energy on getting my body ready for TTC and tracking my cycle so hopefully we can be really tuned in when it is time to TTC. But I feel much better for having been able to talk it out. 

@hartmich, I hope your husband's SA goes well!
    @adirat - thank you again for the quotes and I'm thinking of you! It's hard when you feel like your husband isn't supportive - mine has a bad habit of keeping things from me to protect me and I'd much rather have him let it out so we can deal with things together. 

• @NYTino24 me and DH had a sort of similar conversation yesterday because he didn't want me driving the 2.5 hours to my appt into the city today because it was last minute and I had to work tonight so he tells me that this cycle won't work anyway because I didn't get my period on time so therefore I'm screwed this cycle....gee thanks honey. (Btw, my cycle ranges from 20 days to 41 so its not like I have a perfect cycle any other time anyway and he knows that?) I just had to walk away because I couldnt....
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • I didn't O. Way to get my hopes up, body. Add in a second cold, gloomy day of rain and being congested = ugh. I got Vitex, Vitamin D, Maca, and natural progesterone cream from my Amazon Prime order yesterday. Trying to focus on doing what I can to help my body do its job before getting a beta done in a few hours. It's being done at a lab instead of my doc's office, so let's hope we get results somewhat quickly.

• @nytino24 FX your levels are down today. Have they been dropping pretty fast? It's still "early" in your cycle so don't stress that your body faked you out, it could still get it's shit together and O sometime soon. FWIW, my doctor said there's absolutely no reason to wait to TTC after a miscarriage, unless you want to wait for emotional reasons. She said that if your lining was too thin, you likely wouldn't even implant anyway so basically, the body knows what it's doing. I know this probably won't change your mind or anything, but maybe if your H hears that explanation, he'll feel a little better? 

• @hartmich I can't get in for BW until Saturday, but my OPK finally became negative last night. I told DH all about TTCAL and how it was a ~suggestion~ that people might want to wait a cycle or two, but he took it as gospel. He didn't want to listen to me, but he trusts the doctor that *TW* told me I probably wasn't going to have a MC and then told me she should have listened to me when I said measurements were off. Yes, DH, I do know my body better than a doctor who barely remembered me from Thursday to Monday. Somehow he wants to wait until after AF, but he was okay DTD 10 and 11 days after MC when she had said to consider waiting two weeks. I get that he wants to do what we can to ensure a healthy baby, but like you said it isn't a guarantee of a bad or good situation if we wait or don't. The worst thing is I can't tell if I'm having O pain on an off for days, pre AF cramps, some sort of cyst, etc. All I know is I feel stuff and would like to have a clue what it is since my temps are a mess. Honestly, my chart looks like a lot of the anovulatory ones on FF and that upsets me. */TW*

• @nytino24 ah that gif is just perfect for the TTCAL process. Cycles are so frustrating after a loss - I had a 9 day LP with mine, and I hadn't had that problem before and haven't had it since. Our bodies just like to add insult to injury I guess. I know this isn't easy but try not to stress about your O - it's more likely that it's late. Your CD 1 will just be off because of the HCG in your system. I read so many horror stories of HCG not dropping for weeks, so at least that's one thing your body is doing properly. Hugs while you get through this - it's not easy. 

• @NYTino24 I've been lurking the last three days and am finally allowed to post and I just wanted to offer condolences for what you're going through and FX you and your husband can come to an agreement on what's next.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Thank you @MJDSquared and @hartmich.

So apparently my meltdown yesterday was a hormone surge and probably O with .4 temp rise this morning. I cried when DH brought up doing taxes last night because I don't want to do anything but sleep since I've been so tired lately. Tears as usually a sign of progesterone for me. Going to the chiro and acupuncture tomorrow. Maybe I can relax now.