July 2017 Moms

PSA: Steals & Deals!

Re: PSA: Steals & Deals!

• @kerils I wonder if it might work if you place the online order from the store?
  • tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited May 2017
    @optbaby2017 It does!

Or it should. For anyone else interested in the Babies R Us promotions that are in store, if you go in store and they don't have what you want, they normally will order it for you and it still counts towards the promotion. This is according to the people on their help line phone. I'm going later today to my store to try it out. Wish me luck! I'll report back if it works or not. 

EDIT: Since my post is still the first one here, I figured I would just add to it, so UPDATE I got my pack n play! However. that's because I ended up having enough with the in store stuff to get it. When I asked her about ordering the things online and having it on the order she said it would be a seperate transaction. So I'm not entirely sure if I hadn't met the $300 in store that it would have worked. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • My target order of those nursing tanks and nightgowns arrived already! I know its not a great time to be trying on, but I'm so annoyed that this XXXL is still so tight around the ribs! What is no-bra-wearing girl to do??

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish I dont know, but if you figure it out page me. Im getting my target shipment of the on sale tanks soon, and I really hope theyre comfy and fit because otherwise I might have to try bras and having not worn one for 4 years I cant see that being a happy transition 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • kerils said:
    @GlitterFish I dont know, but if you figure it out page me. Im getting my target shipment of the on sale tanks soon, and I really hope theyre comfy and fit because otherwise I might have to try bras and having not worn one for 4 years I cant see that being a happy transition 
    Duct tape???
    At least you are not normally on verge of plus size, so hopefully you can find something loose enough. I used to wear the No Boundaries mesh sports bras, and they weren't the worst ever! You are more endowed than me, though, so they might squish too much. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Honest diaper deal back at target for tomorrow only w these prices...

original price $25.99
    grab a $25 off $50 coupon (or $10 off $40) from the target registry gift bag (they don't ask for ur info when u get one so u can get like a million). 
    25% off on the cartwheel app for thunder and rainbow print only
    then you get $10 in gift cards for buying two Honest diapers.

im not sure if the pricing works on buying two but it worked on 4 for me

$25.99 x 4 = 103.96
    minus $25 from manufacturers coupon
    minus 25% off the special prints 
    =59.22 and you get two $10 gift cards so final price is $39.22 plus tax for four packs (approx 240-320 diapers), less than half price....

will report back again tomorrow if I can make it work w buying only two.it would make it basically free. Also u can check on target online to see if the store u go to has the right prints (bc it's only for thunder and rainbows)

• So I just dawned on me, I'm needing a hand full of little things, maybe a rug or curtains also, and might make a registry to Target(set on private) just to get the discount coupon. Is it too late?! I'm due in 7(ish) weeks, give or take. I would just create it online, I'm a STM so soul purpose would be discount. 
  • LoveLee85 said:
    So I just dawned on me, I'm needing a hand full of little things, maybe a rug or curtains also, and might make a registry to Target(set on private) just to get the discount coupon. Is it too late?! I'm due in 7(ish) weeks, give or take. I would just create it online, I'm a STM so soul purpose would be discount. 
    I don't think so... I haven't received any discount yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• rnw2019rnw2019 member
    @LoveLee85 I don't know if this is what you're asking, but the only timing restriction I know of with the registry is that they won't release your 15% completion discount until a certain number of weeks before your due date. I changed my due date on there so I'd get it early! Same with Amazon. 

@Potterphile that deal sounds amazing. My local Target never has the welcome bags in stock. Apparently they go really fast whenever they get a shipment of them. Is that the only place to get the $25 off $40 or $10 off $40 you're talking about? 
  • nononormannononorman member
    edited May 2017
    @rjoys8 - I think so. I went to target today to try to get another welcome bag and the honest insert wasn't in there at all. I bet they removed it because of the wipes recall. I still have a $10 off $40 coupon at home but i forgot it. The deal is wasn't worth it to me with just the 25% off and $10 gift card (about .18-.20c per diaper) - still decent for Honest co but I need it to be a good price for ANY diaper. 

As a consolation prize, the size 1 pampers swaddlers are back at .08c per with subscribe and save on amazon (216 pack).
  • @LoveLee85 I just got the email today with the completion discount, and it said it was only good for things that were already on my registry.  I would assume if you are creating it fresh, they would delay the completion discount to give you a chance to add some stuff.
  • @LoveLee85 I just got the email today with the completion discount, and it said it was only good for things that were already on my registry.  I would assume if you are creating it fresh, they would delay the completion discount to give you a chance to add some stuff.
    Ugh, maybe I should get serious about putting things on my registry but I feel like we have the basics and not sure what else we might want! I was sort of thinking of "saving" the target registry for whatever I think I need last minute.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @GlitterFish STM so I only did it for the discount, and then I forgot to put anything on it, so it's totally useless to me! SMH...I just added to the BRU one I did for the rewards with MIL when she go us the double stroller...hopefully that will prevent anything similar from happening again.
  • @chiquita928 I'm not having a shower either, so my "registries" are really just for ideas/organization/discounts. So far target hasn't beat Amazon or buybuyBaby for ANYTHING so there are only a couple totally random items... Like a stroller organization bag?? Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @chiquita928 I'm not having a shower either, so my "registries" are really just for ideas/organization/discounts. So far target hasn't beat Amazon or buybuyBaby for ANYTHING so there are only a couple totally random items... Like a stroller organization bag?? Lol
    A what?  Man, I'm behind the times... Also, pretty much everywhere price matches, so it's really just easier to do one store lol.
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    If anyone wants the the newton mattress order directly from their website, you get 20 percent off one time purchase. 

Code: 20%off
    Last time I had a baby, 20 months ago, I could add and delete things from the registry the day of when I decided to purchase them go in and buy anything that was on my registry when I was in the store. It also had a online use one I used later on stuff after baby. I wonder if they changed the policy in the last 20 months??! 
  • @LoveLee85 They must have...it actually says something about only applying to items already on the registry.
  • lph4248lph4248 member
    Re: the Target completion discount... I'm not sure it's true that it only applies to things already in your registry. The line that came with my email is: "For use by original recipient for remaining registry items only." But I don't think this necessarily means they already had to be in your registry at the time the discount arrived. I think "remaining items" just means "things that people haven't already bought for you." I tried typing the code into the coupon code box with a few items that I only just added, and as far as I could tell it worked on the whole purchase for 15% off. (If anyone has a different experience, feel free to correct this. It's possible I did the math wrong.)
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • @lph4248 That makes sense. I will certainly give it a shot!
  • 25% off coupon for Earth's Best diapers and wipes.  For diapers, this stacks with the Amazon Family 20% off.  Otherwise, 15% off if you have five or more S&S items

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/coupon/25-x25-x20-off-x20-earth-x27-s-x20-best-24-36-8-4-2/A2CKY5AXP7XT7J/

• PishPoshBaby is clearing out its 2016 Uppababy Vista and Cruz models.  You can get them for 20% off right now

https://www.pishposhbaby.com/brands-uppababy.html
  • @Twinkiedoll you are SO GOOD at this
  • What's a good price for wipes? I have 1 box of newborn diapers and 2 boxes of size 1, but NO wipes except what I got free in my registry boxes! 

And now my mom bought me a wipe warmer, even though that's not on any of my 4 registries  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker

• What's a good price for wipes? I have 1 box of newborn diapers and 2 boxes of size 1, but NO wipes except what I got free in my registry boxes! 

And now my mom bought me a wipe warmer, even though that's not on any of my 4 registries  :s
    If you can get them for less than a penny per wipe, you found an amazing deal.  2 cents per wipe is good, though.
  • @GlitterFish with wipes you're getting into the fraction of a penny business. I haven't really been able to get massive amounts at a penny or less - that's like "I have one awesome coupon and somehow I got them at less than half price" but it's not more than a few hundred wipes (like one big pack), in my experience. 

I have stocked up at like 1.6-1.7c per. Sometimes I see deals at costco or sams at that price. It's tough to get a good deal without running the coupon game...amazon doesn't usually have THAT great of deals- u can do 2-2.2c per on there though fairly regularly.
  • @GlitterFish I like Costco for wipes!

• @GlitterFish I like Costco for wipes!

We don't have Costco  :'(
    Pregnancy Ticker

• XathXath member
    @GlitterFish I like Costco for wipes!

We don't have Costco  :'(
    Amazon's house brand of wipes are a good substitute for Costco.  Price isn't bad when you do subscribe and save.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @GlitterFish I think it really varies based on what brand of wipes you want.  Some people are very picky and want the chemical-free, eco-friendly kind (Honest, Babyganics, Water Wipes), which obviously cost more.  Others are happy with Huggies, Pampers brand, which you can generally get on sale for < 2 cents per wipe.  For store brand, i wouldn't pay more than 1 cent per wipe. 
  • TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited June 2017
    Reusable swim diapers for $6.99.  Select designs only.  Others are $9.99 or 10.99

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XTXDGSN/
  • TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited June 2017
    Target is offering a $5 gift card if you buy two Dreft items (or Charmin, Tide, Bounty, Bounce etc.).

And $15 gift card when you spend $75 on "baby essentials."

https://www.target.com/c/savings-on-baby-essentials/-/N-l72d5?lnk=free15giftcardw

• On the topic of baby carriers... 
    Moby, Ergo, and Tula are all on Zulily. (along with Aden & Anais) 

Ergo has also been advertising their bundle sets as 30% off in my fb feed. Not sure if that's limited time or always. Thru their website - Ergobaby.com

Lillebaby is also doing 30% off select items for father's day on their site - lillebaby.com