August 2017 Moms

Weekly Random 1/23

Comments? Questions? Rants? Raves?

Re: Weekly Random 1/23

• Ditto @LivLew. I can't wait for spring to arrive. We've just had a crappy wet winter so far which I think might be worse so far. I've been in rubber boots more than real winter boots so far this year. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Loading the player...
  • My toddler didn't sleep last night!! I was up from 2:00 am on, so tired!  I took a day for myself. I needed to sleep!!! Plus MS is still holding strong, unfortunately. 
  • NxyNxy member
    @LivLew I love winter usually but paired with this exhaustion I can't find any energy to do anything outside. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh I hate winter too. This weekend was sunny and 50°+ in upstate NY... with no snow on the ground for a good week. Seriously was outside with my toddler with just t shirts on. Now today calls for high 30s with freezing rain and 6-12 inches of snow. W.t.f. 
  • @mborn24 I'm so sorry about the rough night! I hope you get to relax today. 
  • Echoing the winter hate over here... Our dog is so energetic, he constantly needs someone to play outside with him. I've been guilty of just letting him out the back door and watching from inside as he just walks around the yard. Poor thing is probably bored to tears. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 thats awesome!  I wish I had girlfriends close in age and life stages like that!  It would be so nice to go through this with a real person!  

I am going to add to the hate winter thing.  I am originally from Maine and now live in MA, and yes its slightly warmer and less snowy, but its still awful.  I really just want to live in sunny Florida and never think about snow and temps this cold again! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @brookedeyo,

I agree upstate NY weather is terrible in winter. Looks like I may get 5-8 inches of snow.  I just wish the weather would make up it's mind.  At least the year my son was born it stayed at 10°F (or less) for two months.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm the total opposite. Send the snow and cold my way! It's been spring like weather for the past week in GA, and although it's nice, I want a break from "warm" weather. Stupid GA weather trying to cram all the seasons in a week. 
  • I'm starting to get excited about dressing this bump and enjoying my third and final pregnancy, but I'm lacking inspiration on where I want to go with this style-wise. I wear business casual at work (trying to become minimalist) and anything I can chase my kids in (athleisure-ish) on weekends. I don't really ever do dressed-up/cute casual, which every blog/pin I search for seems to be (maxi dresses or open front button downs are just nms). What is everybody's favorite mom/maternity fashion/lifestyle blogs? I enjoy themomedit blog for fashion in general I just wish their maternity picks were more current. 
    Even more random fashion related is I'm going to by myself a nice pair of lower heels (thinking max 2.5 inches) for work and I can't figure out if I should buy block heel or kitten heel for spring 2017. My life must be pretty good if these are my big questions at the moment. Anybody else enjoy some good fashion discussion?

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• My Rant: My husband was off of work this past Friday so he took my 2yo son to get a haircut. They FaceTimed me while I was at work on friday and I nearly died because I hated it. It's a great haircut if you take time daily to style and gel it. Who has time for that when you're busy every morning getting tyour son ready & out the door before 7:30am, dropping him to his grandparents house for daycare, then rush to work, all while preggo with #2? The style is meant for daily styling and upkeep...when it's not styled his bangs are in his face and it's so not cute.

I cried last night because I was so upset with the haircut and that my husband didn't get it fixed over the weekend. CRIED like a BABY!  and P.S. I'm still sooo nauseous and exhausted! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ead1215 I am with you on this... I want cold and snow! We have had a super warm winter and I have hated it. (I am in in northern Ohio) the worst part is that the warm days have been so rainy. And it kills me to think of how much snow that could have been....
  • donehue  I can talk fashion a bit! We're regular casual at my work and I scouted some trends for the year. Ruffles and lace apparently (which I like), but I didn't see anything about shoe styles. I bought several cute tank tops (a few with lace) that I can likely continue to wear with my vast collection of cardigans and blazers for work.
    I don't wear maxi dresses either because I'm petite and they're waaay too long on me.   
    Zulily has several collections and I thought a lot of things were cute. Surprised at the plethora of horizontal stripes-- why? Why? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kudlica27 where in Ohio are you? I'm also in Ohio.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ead1215 I'm in Georgia, too. I'm so over the crazy weather.  I had a horrible migraine yesterday from the pressure of the storm system. Where in Georgia are you? I'm in Canton.
  • and_peggyand_peggy member
    edited January 2017
    @ead1215 hear you on that. I'm in south Texas and it's literally already in the 80s. DD was born in May so I dodged the extremely hot months.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • BlackNYellowBlackNYellow member
    edited January 2017
    Ugh yes winter. We had really nice weather here (PA) for the last week (40s -50s with clear skies). It started snowing today and there's no end in sight. 

The only positive about it being winter right now is that most of us should not need maternity clothes (or too many) for the winter season. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Tonight DH and I had a great time cooking together, watching tv, talking and laughing about random stuff. For the first time I felt a bit of anticipated nostalgic for this life that will change forever. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited and happy about our baby. It's just that I have no idea what this future life will be like and we have an amazing relationship (married for 10 years). 
  • @DeansGirl14 tank tops with lace sound cute - where did you get yours? I always forget that Loft has a maternity selection, I bet they might have some of those (and other good ideas). I am going to take a peak at them and zullily now. I am so bored with fashion right now and I think even fashion bloggers are. I would say at least that makes my wallet happy, but I've been slightly redirecting my aesthetic energies into re-doing one of the rooms in my house. I can't wait to find out the gender and make this LO a nursery! 

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• donehue  I can talk fashion a bit! We're regular casual at my work and I scouted some trends for the year. Ruffles and lace apparently (which I like), but I didn't see anything about shoe styles. I bought several cute tank tops (a few with lace) that I can likely continue to wear with my vast collection of cardigans and blazers for work.
    I don't wear maxi dresses either because I'm petite and they're waaay too long on me.   
    Zulily has several collections and I thought a lot of things were cute. Surprised at the plethora of horizontal stripes-- why? Why? 
    Maternity designers LOVE the hell out of horizontal stripes.   Which leads me to believe that most of them are men.  Because what woman would do that to another woman when she's already feeling fat and swollen? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Wife. Mom. Doula. Photographer.
    BFP #1- 12/26/2011-  DS Born 9/7/12
    BFP#2- 10/16/2014- DD Born 7/2/15
    SURPRISE! BFP#3- 11/29/16-  EDD 8/6/17
    Formerly MrsAB1316

• @donehue I never knew Loft carries maternity clothes. I love Ann Taylor. Hopefully I don't need maternity outfits anytime soon but I'll definitely keep Loft in mind. 
  • DH and I were in a really nice bubble of love and caring for each other, but I've had a wretched cold for over a week and it's wearing on both of us. 
  • Question for STM+.... does anyone have a favorite baby carrier wrap? I have an ergo360 that I love, but I'm interested in buying a wrap to use at the beginning with this baby.  I was looking at the Boba wraps, but was curious if you ladies have any favorites! Thanks in advance! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kristenk727 I'm also interested! I plan on carry this baby everywhere. 

Today DH accused me of nesting because I decided to buy a new couch, rugs, coffee table, and blinds. I didn't even know that was a thing but for some reason I decided I want a new living room  :D
  • @kristenk727 check out if there is a babywearing international chapter near you. They often have meet ups and classes where you can try different carriers and see what is a good fit for you. There are stretchy wraps like boba, regular etapas, ring slings, buckle carriers. It is a whole new world! I liked the boba, but was overwhelmed by the amount of fabric. When little, I really liked ring slings and plan on buying a new one for this little one. My go to carrier now I lillybaby.
  • Anyone has experience with Baby K'tan?
  • @donehue  @DeansGirl14  @LivLew just know LOFT maternity is only online (unless they've changed something). I always waited for a 50% off sale and free shipping over $125 before I ordered. 

@LivLew @kristenk727 I use the K'Tan for the first few months when they are little and then switch to my Tula. I love the Tula way more but I don't want to deal with the infant insert so the K'Tan it is. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• So I unfortunately caught a cold from DH. Tomorrow is gonna suck so bad!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bought a car last night to replace the one that got totaled a couple weekends ago. I think my car drama will finally be over, thank god. 

Now I just have the longest day of work ever. I have a meeting after school from 3:30-6:30 because my stupid contract has lots of extra hours we need to do. I hope they have snacks because I'm getting to the point where I have dinner at 5:00 most days to stave off nausea.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Can we get a sex announcement board pinned? I just found out but don't want to start the massive clutter of individual posts!!
  • @Vamason89 Great idea, we would have 10000 individual posts! I just started the post and requested for it to be pinned.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @britvahok You're my hero! ❤️
  • @LivLew my husband and I carried our twins in a k'tan until they were 5 or so months, they were preemies so we got a ton of time out of them!   I LOVED it!   When they were really little and I was home alone and needed to do something I popped them both in together (I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to but what the hell!). It was amazing!   Also I have terrible back pain since that pregnancy and my back never hurt in the k'tan at all!   
  • I really want to be mad at DH for getting the norovirus but at his job out of the 15 who are regularly there, 6 of them got it, including my brother! I want to tell him to get up and do something but having had it myself a year ago, I know what he's going through. Just praying I don't get it this time around! When I got it last January, I was in Spain for a class and barely was good enough to fly home with the rest of the class...
  • @Kathryn0903 I am from/in the Toledo area! 
  • @Kudlica27 ok I'm from the canton area but was born in the Toledo area!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl0329 my boss brought my coworker friend in the office and told us she couldn't keep our secrets so tell each other. We're both due in August and a week apart. I've always wanted to be pregnant with someone and years ago when we talked about 2nd kids we joked about being pregnant together. Now we are! 

And more friends are announcing they are due in August. It's a popular month! 

As far as baby carriers I think I want a ring sling
     I have a lillebaby structured carrier for after. Love my lillie. 

I don't know what winter is. It finally dropped below 60 for the weekend (at night). I personally not looking forward to be huge pregnant in the summer. 
  • @DeansGirl14 and @MatteaGabrielle I am so jealous you have people IRL to share your pregnancies with! With DS1 I was pregnant alongside a good friend and my husbands best friends wife so that was cool. With DS2 I was pregnant with the same good friend as my first pregnancy as well as another good friend from high school. This time I don't know anyone IRL who is pregnant although my BFF has been TTC since October and a good friend from work just started TTC so fingers crossed I'll have some Prego buddies this go around too!