Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekly Randoms week of 1/23

Re: Weekly Randoms week of 1/23

• @slaven that is adorable

@loveindc I've never heard of that, that seems pretty awesome! I'm gonna check it out.

@avrilmai I think I'm gonna try it, can't hurt, right? 

ANOTHER question: girlfriends of mine asked if I wanted to go to Florida in April for a long weekend. With Zika being a potential concern (although only in Miami etc), would you even consider going? 

• Loading the player...
  • adiratadirat member
    edited January 2017
    @hartmich It depends where in Florida. In April I doubt the mosquitoes will have gotten far north of Miami (August for instance might be a different story). I wouldn't go to Miami, but elsewhere I probably wouldn't worry about it. 

Fwiw I went to Atlanta last year in June and I didn't see a single mosquito the whole time. 

Edit -- it might've actually been July

• @adirat That's what I was thinking. They're talking about Rosemary Beach which is much further north than Miami. On one hand, I know logically it'd probably be fine. But on the other hand, I just am not sure it's worth the stress of it? Ugh.  

• @hartmich That's a good point -- if it would just stress you out, then not worth it (and it wouldn't be much of a vacation).

Do we have any Floridians on the board? @bluejeanbabi05 am I remembering correctly that you're in Florida? 

• @adirat I'm in Fort Lauderdale, 40 mins north of Miami. I have a hard time with this subject as everything I type comes out a bit sharp. Just research :)

• @bluejeanbabi05 I'm sorry to bring up a sharp subject for you. 

• edited January 2017
    Oh it's ok, I'm just overly sensitive about it so I don't want to get my panties in a twist and annoy anyone by discussing it haha @adirat

• @LoveInDC I absolutely adore your bullet journal!
  • @BertieMeetsGertie I give you credit for responding so much as a mobile bumper... tagging on mobile is such a PITA!  
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 Let's just say I'm building up my short term memory!  :D Oh, and for the life of me, I CANNOT gif on anything but mobile. What the hell am I doing wrong??
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• @cherryblossomgirl507 - Thank you! I'm the first to admit it isn't the prettiest or most organized bullet journal in the world. But it gets the job done! :)
  • @BertieMeetsGertie I can't manage to gif on mobile either!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @LoveInDC your journal totally inspired me. I actually ordered a pack of different color pens to get ready to do one!

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• wabash15 said:
    @BertieMeetsGertie I can't manage to gif on mobile either!
    I can gif on mobile but not on the desktop version! I don't know why!! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• @BertieMeetsGertie I'm pretty much always mobile. I'm constantly worried I'm missing responding to someone
  • @BertieMeetsGertie @heatherdubrow me too.  I have been on the desktop a lot more recently cause I have been home but 99% of the time I am mobile.  Such a PITA to search anything or just see what is going on where. 

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• uggggg so my rescue Sheltie that's being treated for heartworm has been peeing on the floor lately even though she was house trained within a week of getting her. It dawned on me last night that that's a sign of UTI but of course the on base vet clinic doesn't have a vet in today and will be closed for the long Lunar New Year weekend. Now I have to take her to a Korean vet that doesn't have any of her records once I get a pee sample. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @slaven dogs on pred will often drink a lot and pee a LOT. Def get her urine checked, but 97% of the time (Made up stat, but you get what I mean), dogs on pred that are peeing are because they are on pred, and thats it, so try not to worry too much!
  • @kiwi2628 I figured it's the pred but I also want to check just to be safe. I'd rather treat a UTI than a kidney infection. She couldn't even hold it for 2 1/2 hours last night or from 9am to noon the other day and she's not really drinking more than usual. Between the two dogs I only top off the bowl once a day, but our Maltese doesn't drink much. Also, have fun DTD :wink:

DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @hartmich I live close to Fort Lauderdale. At my last dr appointment I mentioned zitka testing bc we are TTC. My dr was not concerned at all. Possible TW*** two of my good friends are pregnant and their dr aren't requiring testing either, said not concerned about this area unless they had been in Miami and even then it's very specific zones. Of course, do your own research and what you are comfortable with. I still use lots of bug repellent when I'm outside, but just as an FYI from someone in FL. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @hartmich @flgirl20134 I listened to a very interesting podcast about zika today.  The host tries to talk to experts and take a scientific look at different issues.  She starts by saying the research is not conclusive enough to give concrete answers but goes through what research there is and where the virus came from etc.  Link below if you are interested.

https://gimletmedia.com/episode/8-zika/

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• slavenslaven member
    edited January 2017
    @kiwi2628 she's now getting an ultrasound and an X-ray. I really don't know why though. Communicating with Korean vets when I don't speak Korean is hard. I have to rely on their English translation. The vet mentioned something about stones. Maybe her preliminary pee test showed something but they didn't say what. At least here a pee test, X-ray, and ultrasound are under $100. 

eta: She's perfectly fine, just peeing all over the place

DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @hartmich WOW. I can't imagine the emotional fortitude that must be required for her to do her job. 

And good luck, I hope it goes well today!

• @Sglen3 thanks. Sounds like an interesting podcast. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @slaven I am glad shes ok!
  • Can someone tell me how red raspberry leaf tea tastes? I've seen it mentioned on here, and I'm so picky about what I drink (more than what I eat). I just want to know before I spend money on it. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @hartmich wow it's true you never know what someone is going through! That would've been super awkward if she saw you!
    i think that's really cool that your RE office has a sign. Those women I saw at my appt seemed completely clueless that they were doing something wrong, and basically acted like everyone should just be charmed by their children. A sign would be nice 
  • @slaven One of my pups has been on pred a lot because of his allergies, and he always pees in the house the first couple of days because of it. One time when my husband came home he went running down the stairs to greet him, so excited, and peeing the entire way, and peed all over H's shoes. H couldn't be mad because he was just so excited and the drugs made him do it!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @jsnakehole I'd saw it's a mild, slightly sweet tasting tea. Not unpleasant at all. Kinda like chamomile but a tiny bit sweeter?

@hartmich WOW. Just wow. 
  • Thanks, @LuND! I love chamomile, so I should like it then. 

I lent DH one of my favorite books for his deployment. He just finished it and found the receipt in the book (since that's my usual bookmark), and I guess he didn't see the date because he thinks I went out and bought the book just for him. It's actually just my copy from before we started dating. I don't have the heart to tell him he's wrong! He is getting a book I went out and bought just for him in a care package this week (a special edition of 'The Little Prince'- his favorite). But isn't it more special that I lent him my only copy of my favorite book?
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!