TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 1/19

• Options
    How far along are you?  12 weeks

How big is baby? Plum

Upcoming appointments this week? Next Thursday 

Any new symptoms or changes? I'm feeling better in general pregnancy symptoms wise but I now have a cold so that is making me feel crappy. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? The weather is a bit warmer here after the ice storm this weekend and I took DD to the zoo yesterday. We got to see our new baby black rhino and watch her play. So cute!

GTKY: How did you meet your DH/SO? 
    We worked together. He was added to my team (I was the lead on it) and I was remote from half the team at the time (including him). He never talked so I needed to understand his role on the team and how he "fit." My next trip to that office I set up a meeting with him and his manager. He was really impressive (and attractive) in person and we started chatting after that. We dated long distance for a while until i eventually moved to that office. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    morgy_beemorgy_bee member
    edited January 2017

How far along are you? 
    12 weeks!! ALMOST OUT OF THE FIRST TRIMESTER!!!! 

How big is baby? 
    A plum :-) 

Upcoming appointments this week?
    Right now, in the waiting room! 

Any new symptoms or changes?
    Im slowly starting to feel less fatigue. I have a hard time raising two kids when I feel like my body is full of sand. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    No rants
    Raves: My DH has been amazing this pregnancy. He had a really hard time understanding my symptoms and hormone rages during the last two. This time around he has been so attentive to my needs, sensitive to my mood swings and has picked up all my slack. I feel so blessed!!! 

I went to a home jewelry show with my ex-boyfriend's sister and mom. The jewelry lady was my future MIL. I went to three more shows and got to know her more. Then my ex's family kept trying to set me up with one of her son's. I finally gave in and told her she could give him my number. 7 years and three babies later, here we are! 

*Edited because words are hard. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    maryallisontmaryallisont member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? 10 weeks!

How big is baby? A kumquat

Next Tuesday, first appointment with the doctor

My nausea is worse this week, but it could just be poorly managed as of late.  Nothing is appetizing.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Has anyone here changed OB offices after the initial setup?  They told me to interview before I chose an OB, but when I called and asked for a consult, they said they didn't really do that.  So far, I'm less than impressed with a few interactions with my office.  

GTKY: How did you meet your DH/SO
    Work.  When I was new, he was working our operations.  I moved regions for the winter and when I came back for the summer he was back in my department and we started hanging out.  I was based on an island so I was commuting on the ferry to hang out on my days off.  And finally a spot opened up and I got off the island and we were officially dating after that.  Five years later, we've now been married 8 months!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10 weeks...woot woot...double digits!!

How big is baby? A kumquat or a strawberry

Upcoming appointments this week? Not till Jan 30th...can't wait!

Any new symptoms or changes? Boobs still sore and have definitely gotten bigger, hubby's not complaining, but now they're itchy. Nausea is still present, goes in/out...yesterday started getting heartburn...

Rants/Raves/Questions? Going to see my sister this weekend, she's getting married this year, so lots of baby and wedding talks! 

We met at a work training. It's kinda cute, it was an annual training, and every year we there, after the third year, we started chatting/texting more.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @jacksonbears not that you asked but with this pregnancy I got heartburn around the same time you are. I tried Tums with no luck but Mylanta (3 yep) worked. Whereas with my last pregnancy, I didn't get heartburn until well into the 3rd tri and Tums worked then. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @maryallisont I haven't personally moved offices/doctors but have thought about it. However, where I live, there must be some pacts between offices because quite a few won't accept "transfers" even if you only had one appointment. My advice is to call around and ask. Also, if there if a mom's FB group for your area, search it to see OBGYN recommendations. There are tons of them on my area mom's group. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 
    12 weeks

How big is baby? plum!

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, nothing for another 4 weeks per the prenatal schedule I'm on.

Any new symptoms or changes? The bloating seems to be subsiding, as is the ravenous appetite. That makes me happy. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None really. My NP assured me that things look good and normal and that as long as my mother's instinct doesn't scream that something's wrong, I can expect to progress normally. That's reassuring, given that we lose major symptoms long before we start feeling the baby move. 

Match dot com! I was always a big fan of shopping for men. I had better dates and relationships from online dating that meeting random men randomly. Our first date was at a museum. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    thanks @bumpybump, good to know about Tums. I usually never get heartburn...it was making me sick last night! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks. wahoo

How big is baby? lime. 

Upcoming appointments this week? no. i think i have one next week. another "first" appt.

Any new symptoms or changes? starting to come out of the fog that is the first trimester. i put in half days on sickness now :)

Rants/Raves/Questions? my favorite food truck isn't posting where they're located. for 3 days. i neeeeeed some italian street food in my life. today. *FX* and also! i'm so so so glad that i'm starting to feel better. i finally made it to the park with my daughters yesterday and i know they truly enjoyed getting out of the house with mommy for the first time in weeks.

we met through a mutual friend about a month after we started our freshman year of college. we actually met each other in her dorm room, oddly enough. but we were just friends for a looooooong time. i didn't want to date (he saved me lmao)

@maryallisont I'm in the process of switching now. My family just moved out west so I was left scrambling for a new OB. And I ADORED the practice that delivered my first two. Anyway, my first appointment for this pregnancy was at a birthing center and I felt very uncomfortable. Their practices were weird, I could never figure out who I was supposed to talk to because there's literally 20 people sitting at the front desk, they were talking down to me because I looked so lost (just needed some guidance, not condescension), they put incorrect information in my file, and they never put in a referral for my dating ultrasound (like they said they would do). I have my first appointment with the new practice next week. I feel a *smidge* of guilt because I feel like I should give them just one more shot (and I wanted to experience a birthing center as opposed to a hospital) but their mistakes are too disheartening for me.
  • Options
    @Rgriffin91 Thank you!  I feel forgotten about at my practice.  They haven't called back a couple times now, but scold for calling more than once.  One was about medication that the doctor prescribed and I was unsure about.  They're too busy to care.  
  • Options
    @maryallisont I switched OB offices. I was never enamored with my old office, but it was close by, in-network and seemed fine. Plus they delivered at my preferred local hospital, the one I've never heard one bad thing about when it came to Maternity. One Dr. I got for my annual I really didn't like at all but figured I'd just request someone else when it came time having a baby. I was relieved when I saw another Dr. for this year's annual and felt comfortable with him.

Come to find out when I'm pregnant that they no longer deliver at my preferred hospital, now only deliver at the ONE hospital in the area I didn't want to deliver at, and the Dr. I really liked retired from delivering babies.

With all that I felt like I had to make a move to a new office. So far so good.

Trust your gut on this one.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11 Weeks

How big is baby? A lime

Upcoming appointments this week? No appointment for 4 weeks :(

Any new symptoms or changes? I have just now started to get morning sickness, and I am already over it

Rants/Raves/Questions? My coworker can talk all day about her wedding and want me to listen, but I can't say anything about being pregnant, she just walks away and doesn't listen.  It's not like she is young either, she is 34 but acting like a 16 year old girl.  At this point I really want to tell her I don't care to hear about her wedding, if she can't have the decency to listen to me talk about my pregnancy.  What is really sad is until she met her boyfriend, we were best friends, and now all she does is talk about him, their upcoming wedding, their honeymoon. 

We met through a college organization, we were at different colleges, but the organization gets together and does mock legislation at the capital for a week each semester so we saw people from different colleges within the state.  We both had serious relationships the first time we met and a year later we ended up transferring into the same college, and facebook stalking each other to make sure the other was single, and we both were so we decided to try dating, so glad we did! We have been together 8 years in march, and married for 7 in June! 
    Me: 27 DH: 29

Diagnosed with PCOS: January 2009

1st D&C: Janaury 2009
    Dating: March 18, 2009
    Married: June 12, 2010
    TTC: January 1, 2011
    2nd D&C: June 5, 2011
    3rd D&C: August 3, 2011
    Dec 2016: BFP (due 8/5/2017)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 

12 weeks!

How big is baby? 

2.1 inches

Had one last week Friday. They moved my due date to 8/3, hence me being here! :) Got to hear a good strong heartbeat from the baby, and even got to see it move around! I watch that video all the time. It really made it real for me and DH!

Nothing new. Nausea left a couple weeks ago, had some heartburn but that has eased up now. I can feel my energy returning now too. All is well.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I've been sneezing like crazy, and have this constant soreness in the upper back part of my throat. Thought I had a cold, but I think it might be something else, as nothing has gotten better or worse. The throat soreness isn't bad, just annoying. Maybe allergies? But I'm not allergic to anything!

He was the lead actor in a college production I was stage managing back in 2012. I liked him right away. It took him a couple of years to ask me out though. :wink: Now here we are, married and pregnant!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby? cherry

Upcoming appointments this week? next Wednesday, I can't hardly wait!

Any new symptoms or changes? food sounds gross most of the time, but I'm eating constantly to make the nausea go away. Sore/huge boobs, VERY bloated, disruptive sleep yet so, so tired. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I hate work politics!!

we worked together at an after school program in college. I was technically his supervisor so of course, I love to mention that part. We became best friends but dated other people while working together. The next year he had a different job but we became neighbors and his cousin was my roommate. That was when I realized I loved him and made our friendship complicated haha. Obviously he got over it and realized he can't live without me :) 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    11 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    A key lime
    Nope.
    I am just as nauseous as ever.  I've been nauseous every single day since November 16th!  This needs to stop!!
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm typically a very positive person, but I'm over being sick.  I work with PreK and K at a school undergoing a remodel.  There's wet paint, dust and workmen everywhere adding to the stress and smells of this pregnancy.  Come on magical 2nd trimester!
    We met at church when we were 12 year old kids.  We were just friends and then when I turned 20 I was like, "Why is he only my friend?  I can't imagine life without him?"  Thankfully he was having similar thoughts and we got married at 21.  Now, almost 5 years later we're expecting our first.  We still go to the same church ;)
  • Options
    @taylormarie923 Congratulations on the twins!  I can't imagine!  Do twins run in your family or your SO or was it a complete surprise?
  • Options
    @jacksonbears @bumpybump

I was watching some show about heartburn and different treatments  when I was pregnant with my first. They showed that baking sofa neutralizes stomach acid faster than anything. After that I dissolved a spoonful in a shot of water. It takes about 1 minute to make you burp and it's gone! Just gave a chaser because it tastes nasty.
     I carry around a baggie at all times. Hopefully I don't get pulled over because it looks like a drug baggie!! 

Try it, it works!! 
  • Options
    MrsPlatz said:
    @taylormarie923 Congratulations on the twins!  I can't imagine!  Do twins run in your family or your SO or was it a complete surprise?
    Complete surprise. As far as we know, no family history. 
  • Options
    @taylormarie923
    What a surprise! To be honest, that was a surprise I was hoping not to have, as there are twins in my husband's family. We're only having one, and we're one-and-done, so "what would I do with two??" was a real fear. I have faith everything will be fine when you get used to the idea! Does this throw a wrench in a lot of plans, like home size, daycare and whatnot?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @taylormarie923
    What a surprise! To be honest, that was a surprise I was hoping not to have, as there are twins in my husband's family. We're only having one, and we're one-and-done, so "what would I do with two??" was a real fear. I have faith everything will be fine when you get used to the idea! Does this throw a wrench in a lot of plans, like home size, daycare and whatnot?
    Oh absolutely.  Luckily home size shouldn't need matter. They can share a room and if it's a B/G set then my older son and the younger boy could share a room growing up. Daycare and my schooling are definitely going to need to be reworked. It was going to be hard paying for two kids in daycare, three would just make no sense. 
  • Options
    @taylormarie923 congrats on the surprise!! 
  • Options

How far along are you? 

10 w 1 d ( I am posting a  day late because I wanted to be sure of my due date before posting again!)
    How big is baby? 
    Tatertot
    I had my first US and appointment today! I wanted to wait until the confirmed my due date before posting again. 
    Tons of food aversions and morning sickness. Last weekend I got so sick I had to go to the hospital for dehydration. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Nope! 
    I teach fitness classes a teacher our local YMCA. My hubby would come into workout. We would chit chat. We both ended up there on the Fourth of July (my least favorite holiday) and he asked if I wanted to watch fireworks with him that night. We've been together ever since!