August 2017 Moms

Wednesday ticker change

This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 2, Aug 9, Aug 16, Aug 23, Aug 30

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: what has been your favorite vacation taken?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wednesday ticker change

• This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 2, Aug 9, Aug 16, Aug 23, Aug 30

How far along are you? 12 weeks!

How big is baby? Plum

Upcoming appointments this week? None till February 

A lot more nauseous. Puking almost every morning now.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Its really hard being back to work when I feel gross!

GTKY: what has been your favorite vacation taken? Not really so much a vacation, but last year I went on a group trip to Israel and it was so amazing
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jpearl2307jpearl2307 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? I am 8 weeks today!

How big is baby? The size of a 2x2 lego brick 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, good luck to those that do! 

Any new symptoms or changes? My boob soreness seems to be letting up, but it's still there. I'm not sure if I am getting used to it or if I'm getting a little break now! I am also not throwing up as much. Hallelujah! I am now trying to stay ahead by making sure I eat and snack. That helps sooooo much!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have been trying to be happy that my symptoms have let up, but I didn't realize how hard it would be not to worry! I've gotten used to them. 

GTKY: what has been your favorite vacation taken? When FH and I went to Colorado! We hiked everyday, went to the zoo, ate yummy food and got engaged there! I will forever love that state! Haha 

edited: spelling 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 8 weeks! 

How big is baby? one app says a kidney bean and the other says 1/2 Lego brick :)

Upcoming appointments this week? 2nd ultrasound on Friday! Being an IVF baby, we had one at 6 weeks and will have another at 10 weeks before getting turned over to a regular OB!

Any new symptoms or changes? the nausea has subsided a bit but now my boobs are getting more and more tender. The exhaustion has not let up yet...I slept 12 hours the other night! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? nothing much to rant about. I have a good friend who is about 2 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy and she has been getting sick multiple times a day. I keep reminding myself that my nausea is definitely bearable! 

GTKY: what has been your favorite vacation taken? our honeymoon was a 2 week Mediterranean cruise that was just fantastic. Most of our time was Italy and Greece.  
    July - September 2016 - 3 negative IUIs
    December 2016 IVF cycle - 12 retrieved, 5 fertilized, 2 frozen, 1 transferred
    August 2017 - baby boy
    September 2019 - FET cancelled due to thin lining (tried pills)
    November 2019 - FET cancelled due to thin lining (tried patches)
    February 2020 - FET February 6, EDD 10/25/2020

• @Kathryn0903 I hear ya!! I hate being at work and feeling icky! Did you go with friends or family on your trip?

@LoweeeK we have the same due date! :) Congrats! I hear ya on the sleeping! I need alt least 10hrs a night! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jpearl2307 I applied for a Birthright Israel trip. Birthright is a program where anyone who is Jewish and between the ages of 18-26 can apply to go on a free 10 day trip to Israel. One of my friends also went, but aside from that everyone else I didn't know.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby? Size of a cherry

Upcoming appointments this week? None til 11 weeks

Any new symptoms or changes? Moody but maybe that's because my parents visited

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm so tired. 

GTKY: what has been your favorite vacation taken? We always love disney. We also took our first ski trip to visit my friend in MI from my DD birth month group last year. Playing in the snow was so fun. 
  • How far along are you? 
    11 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Fig or lime depending on app.  I say fig size seems more realistic.

Had geneticist today and associated bloodwork.

Holy boob soreness Batman!  I keep having to remind myself not to bend over.  I am so over feeling tired and pukey.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Kind of felt geneticist appt. could have been a phone call with bw paperwork mailed to us.

My MIL is needy and driving me nuts.  She watches my son when I have appointments, but sometimes I wish she didn't live across the street.  She keeps dumping things on my husband to do and he's at his breaking point between work, family stuff and baby appointments.  I should feel grateful for free child care, but every two seconds there is a "problem" that only my husband canhane for her.  She has two other kids to help.  Gah!

Honeymoon cruise to Carribean.  It's cold here, I want to go someplace warm and toasty.

@LoweeeK, I am super jealous and would love a Mediterranean cruise.  Maybe when the LO's are older I will talk hubby into going.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    9 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    The app on my phone says the baby is as big as a Southern Pecan :D
    Nothing until Feb. 7th
    Still exhausted and nauseated. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My dating ultrasound pushed me back 6 days (my LMP would have my edd be 8/17) so it kinda sucked feeling like I had to be 8 weeks for two weeks in a row...though I suppose it is better to deal with that now than go "late" by a week at the end. 
    When I was 18 years old I flew to Europe by myself and then spent three weeks sailing on a tall ship through the Black Sea and making port in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, and England.  
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi Ladies, my due date is now 8/9 so I'll be joining you here.

How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? Brussels sprout

Upcoming appointments this week? I had an appt yesterday. Dr couldn't find the heartbeat using the doppler so she did an ultrasound and was able to see heartbeat and everything was okay. I had my blood draw for the NIPT also. Now I'm just trying to decide if I should also get the NT scan.

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing new

Rants/Raves/Questions? Still trying to get back on schedule from going on a ski trip this weekend. I didn't ski but had a great time!

GTKY: what has been your favorite vacation taken? Napa Valley
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @britvahok,

We have same DD. We did the NIPT stuff today and our NT scan is next week.  We are a little older and like to be prepared.  I look forward to the NT scan next week, just to see the little nugget again.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @britvahok we honeymooned in Napa and loved it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Lauradi1010 I'm going to call insurance this week and see if they'll cover the NT scan and NIPT. I don't think they'll cover the NIPT since I'm under 35 but they will cover the NT scan. The out of pocket max for the NIPT is $295 so right now I'm leaning towards getting both.

• Hi everyone! Is there not a ticker change thread for august 1st? can't seem to find it
  • @britvahok, definitely call insurance.  I'd didn't matter for us because we have a plan with deductibles.  Once we hit that, we get 90% of everything covered.  We also have an out of pocket max, but not sure what that is since the switch.  Super lucky we went with the "gold" standard on our insurance plan this year.  

Last time we had a $5000 deductible before anything was covered.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Lindstothee I just tagged you in the Tuesday ticker change post.

• How far along are you? 10 weeks

How big is baby? Strawberry

Upcoming appointments this week? Tomorrow I have my first regular appointment with one of the OBs. Nothing special, but I think they will probably try the Doppler. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Nausea is subsiding a bit. Boobs are more sensitive. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Eh...nothing is moving me right now. Haha

GTKY: what has been your favorite vacation taken?  Caribbean trip was my honeymoon in Mexico. Winter-y trip was the Park City, Utah. Both places = amazing. :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    11 weeks.
    How big is baby? 
    uh, lime?
    Had one today. OB is electing to ignore the dating scan that set me back two weeks.
    All the nausea and exhaustion all the time.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm so flipping tired.
    ...people take vacations? Womp womp.
    BabyFruit Ticker