December 2016 Moms

Moms with Toddlers - 1.17.16

Sorry for the delay this week...mom with toddler :-)

How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week? 

What have you noticed you're doing differently with this kiddo than you did with your toddler? 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Anything you want to add/share?:

Bonus question: What's your favorite thing about your spouse/partner lately? 

BabyFruit Ticker
Christinaruth74

Re: Moms with Toddlers - 1.17.16

• How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week? 

H has been working more and I'm fried by the time he gets home from work. DD1 has started to become sneakily aggressive toward the baby and pushing limits... it's really hard to remain calm and patient. There have been lots of time outs and tears. 

What have you noticed you're doing differently with this kiddo than you did with your toddler?

this poor kid is probably held a lot less than DD1 was. Cue mom guilt.  

Rants/Raves/Questions:

im thankful that DD1 hasn't regressed back to hitting, but the defiance and drama has been real. 
    Please tell me it will get easier once we are beyond the newborn phase... I feel like DD1 and I had made some good progress pre-baby. I was able to invest more time and attention to her which curbed some bad behaviors, but now I'm always pumping or feeding / changing/ rocking the baby and I just don't have the extra hands/ time / patience... ugh. 

I love that he takes the early morning shift so I can sleep in! :) 
    jennbaylor12slartybartfast
  • How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week? 

Its a process. Shes having a less pleasant time and we've too have our share of time outs. I think I'm trying to learn to manage my time and give to her and make special alone time possible with toddler and all older kids. It's just a plate spinning act. 

Really not much at this point. Maybe comparing my 1st to later children there is significant differences, but by this point what I do is what works for us. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

He is not content to let me hole up in my shell and let me muscle it all on my own... he kindly reminds me we can share this good and bad. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

Christinaruth74slartybartfast
  • Loading the player...
    buh. I'm there. I'm 100% moming. But I'm starting to feel like I'm swamped by being mom. It's exhausting me and I feel a little suffocated at the moment.
    She's not getting as much "me" because I'm so nervous about my son feeling like he's losing me to her. So I've done great at keeping that from happening and he LOVES baby but I'm now trying to give her more time and I feel like it's just give give give give give to all the babies.
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I shouldn't be answering this in the evening. Evening slarty is far more grumpy than morning and daytime slarty.
    He's so dedicated to us. And so balanced. His default is that he's happy at peace and balanced. I feel jealous of that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • @slartybartfast I hear you on the total "mom"-ing and not much "me"-ing. 

i am feeling suffocated by someone needing to be on top of me at all times and it's totally affecting the way I treat my H. He simply tried cuddling last night and i just felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin because I'm so overwhelmed by all of the physical touch happening... between a toddler who needs to be on top of me in the morning, being attached to the pump 75% of the day, still working on nursing and a newborn who often needs to nap on me... by bed time my touch quota has been surpassed. 

But ya, solidarity and all that jazz.
    slartybartfastkattyc-2
    My toddler has been super sick so he's been staying with his dad but I miss him so much!

Everything! I breast feed her, we cosleep, and I don't let her cry for the most part. With DS he got formula, slept in his bassinet next to the bed, and I let him cry it out within reason. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    DS is turning two in June, when should I start getting his birthday party planned and buying his presents? Also, what would you get for a two year old boy who already has tons of cool toys?

Going back to work has been a million times harder than I thought it would be!

That I don't have to share my bed with one right now.