June 2016 Moms

January 2017 Pre/TTC & Grad Check-In

artlea2013artlea2013 member
edited January 2017 in June 2016 Moms

Welcome to the monthly pre-TTC, TTC, and TTC Grad check-in. This board is designed to allow those of us considering our next child to update the other members of June 2016 on that journey. Please feel free to post often in this board, updating as the month goes on if your status or details change, or if you have anything inspiring/sassy/a fun gif/etc to add. We are here to provide each other with support, comfort, non-medical answers, and help with the BSC symptom spotting that we know can happen.

For Pre-TTC -

*How long until TTC begins?

*How is the wait going?

*General questions, updates, r/r

For TTC -

*What month/cycle?

*(If you're comfortable) What are you doing to get KU?

*Any symptom spotting chart stalking craziness we can help with?

For KU -

*(If this is your first post after your BFP:) When did you find out you were pregnant? How did you tell your SO this time around? Feel free to share any other details you're comfortable with (what were you doing to get KU, how long were you trying this time, etc)

*How far along are you/when are you due?

*Future or recent appointment updates?

*Team Pink or Blue?

*How is this pregnancy different from/similar to June '16?

Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
Married: 11/2013
M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018

Re: January 2017 Pre/TTC & Grad Check-In

*How long until TTC begins? Probably another 5 months, maybe 6. I would like to get pregnant in the June - August range, but we know that's hard to plan, so *maybe* starting earlier, if my body even complies

*How is the wait going? Pretty good right now, Miles certainly keeps me busy enough w/o having to worry about the 1st Tri exhaustion + getting up twice a night. I have random weak moments where I consider running to the drug store to buy some pregnancy tests, just to have on hand in the cabinet, or looking over and revising my baby name list again. Then I come back down to Earth

*General questions, updates, r/r: Had a "no pressure" talk with DH this weekend about future children plans. I was going to wait and approach him closer to the time when I hoped to start TTC, as I was worried he might meltdown thinking about trying again right now, but decided that maybe chatting while I still don't have my period might be easier on him, as he knows I can't possibly mean immediately. He admitted that if I wanted to be one and done, that was more than ok with him, however, he did "see the merits" to having a second baby. Like this is picking out an extra set of bathroom towels or something, buhhh. I gave him my thoughts, which included getting pregnant again this summer with baby 2, then when that baby was between a year and 2 years old, talking about a third, but I wasn't dead set on that one. He agreed that having kids close together would be ideal if we were having more, and I think he's pretty much on board for my summer plan, at the least. Now to see if I get my period back by then and maybe Miles starts STTN so I can actually BBT chart, otherwise I may be asking for advice on OPKs

Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018

When did you find out you were pregnant?

I took a hpt and got my BFP on lo's 7 month bday 

How did you tell your SO this time around? 

He knew before I did. I peed on the stick and placed it face down on the counter for him to check. His shit eating grin said it all. 

Feel free to share any other details you're comfortable with (what were you doing to get KU, how long were you trying this time, etc)

We weren't exactly trying.... At my 6 week appointment I declined the mini pill because the pill wacked me out when I was on it. I didn't want that added factor to the post partum what not. DH is a Christmas baby so some birthday shinannagans may be to blame. 

*How far along are you/when are you due?

Based in my cycle, EDD is 9/1/17. I will likely deliver at 39 weeks via RCS.  DD got stuck do good in my pelvis my midwife told me I stand little to no chance of a vbac. 

*Future or recent appointment updates?

ultrasound on 2/8 to establish healthy baby and date the bean 

*Team Pink or Blue?

we were team Green with DD and we will do that again for this lo. 

*How does is pregnancy different from/similar to June '16?

So far I have had much more queasiness. Doesn't bode well for the upcoming weeks. I am less tired a far, thank goodness. Keeping up with lo is making me tired enough!

• Loading the player...

What month/cycle? Month #1

*(If you're comfortable) What are you doing to get KU?  Well oddly enough...lol...we have only done the deed once, so not much.  Tristan takes up a lot of time and DH and I have completely different sleep schedules so we haven't quite gotten ourselves in sync yet.  On a good note the one day we did do it, I was in my fertile part of my cycle.  We are hoping for an October/November baby so getting KU in my next cycle would be ideal.  Last time it took approximately 4 months to get KU, so I expect we will be on a similar timeline.  Feeling scared and excited all at the same time.  My LO is the easiest baby I have ever encountered and I am pretty sure I can't get that lucky twice.  Also not really looking forward to MS, but so worth it in the end.  We are also hoping for a little girl this time.