December 2016 Moms
Options

PP Healing and Wellness 1/17

1. How postpartum are you? 

2. How are you feeling?

3. Whats one thing you did for you today? 

4. Many seek "getting back to normal" but most STM know that that's not realistic... it's about adjusting to a "new normal". How would you describe your "new normal" or if you haven't found it yet how would you describe the place you're in? 

Due December 27th with baby #7

Re: PP Healing and Wellness 1/17

• Options
    1. 7 weeks today

2. Physically I'm ok besides a little pee dribble here and there. And sore back and shoulders from holding a baby all the time! Got cleared for sex on Monday at my 6 week check but haven't gotten around to it yet. I told DH all the stars and planets will have to align for the first PP sexy time. And with three kids, they haven't even been close yet.

3. I showered. It's the one thing I do for myself every day. It's actually pretty much the only thing I do for myself every day!

4. My new normal is non stop. Like there is almost no downtime ever. I'm not used to that bc even though I'm a person who can always find something to do (usually something to clean) I am used to having more margin in my days. Right now there's hardly any margin so I'm having to say no to a lot right now (play dates, helping at school, volunteering at church etc) so that I can keep my stress level down. I had PPA with my two other kids so I'm praying it stays away this time. There are moments (especially early in the AM when I'm so stinking tired) that I think "what were we thinking?? I don't know if I can handle three kids!!" but I know this baby boy was meant to be and that God is giving me enough grace for each day. It's not easy and not always pretty but we will not just survive, we will thrive!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    3 weeks + 5 days

2. How are you feeling?
    Physically, I'm thinking I'm back to 95%. No more bleeding. Feel good moving around. Stitches dissolved. 
    Emotionally, there's good and bad days. But there seems to be more and more good in between the bad so that's progress. 

We had a fairly good sleep day today, so I got to shower and eat lunch all in the same nap. Went for a walk. And going to pick up more diapers tonight which is nice just to get out of the house. 

4. Many seek "getting back to normal" but most STM know that that's not realistic... it's about adjusting to a "new normal". 
    I sure hope this isn't our new normal! We're still feeding every two hours and the whole process takes about an hour. So (if LO decides to sleep) I have an hour max to do anything. Which is usually eating, showering, laundry, or napping. Once he gets his weight up and we can start letting him sleep a little longer, I think I'll have more "free" time. I'm hoping he'll bulk up and fit in his carrier soon so we can start  any wearing at home and go out more. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    8 weeks 5 days

2. How are you feeling?
    Good!  I need to start being more active though.  I think DS and I might start being mall walkers.

Napped when DS did.  Normally I don't but today it felt great.

4. Many seek "getting back to normal" but most STM know that that's not realistic... it's about adjusting to a "new normal". How would you describe your "new normal" or if you haven't found it yet how would you describe the place you're in? 
    I think we won't really have our new normal until I'm done with maternity leave.  Right now it's just a strange in between phase.

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    1. 6 weeks and a few days pp

2. I'm finally feeling better, my incision isn't hurting. It was such a long road to recovery after pp complications that I am really appreciating being able to live without pain. Emotionally I am doing better everyday as well. Still feel a little disconnect and grumpy at times, but the gray is fading. 

3. I spent some time with DH , he has been out of town a lot, and I missed him. I actually sat down on the couch and watched tv, not something I usually do. 

4. My new normal involves learning the schedule. LO has graced me with great sleep this week, which may be tied to my improved mood. But when he is awake, he demands my attention. But we have a pretty predictable schedule for now, and that is helping me adjust. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    1. How postpartum are you?  6 weeks tomorrow

2. How are you feeling? Physically I feel good/fine, except for being tired a lot.

3. Whats one thing you did for you today? I showered, and this week I've been making a point to go out to get lunch at least a few days.  There is a place near me that makes delicious salads and I'm trying to work on eating healthy, which is hard with all the snacks/junk we keep in the house.  I have been trying to buy stuff to make salads but I never seem to manage to use it all and it goes bad.  So I'm sucking up the extra cost and buying salads for now.  And I feel good about eating healthier, and getting out for the walk.

Agree with @karmba - until I go back to work it's hard to know.  Right now some things are harder (interrupted sleep, not being able to actually plan to do anything at a certain time, being home alone with LO all day and no adult contact, being the sole person who has to comfort him when he's fussy - which requires walking around in circles in our apartment for long periods of time) and some things are easier (getting to hang out at home all day with no expectations from work).  I'm hoping by the time I'm back at work the sleep issues are at least a little bit better, and it will be nice to get a break from being cooped up at home all day, but I'm sure I'll miss my little guy and it's going to be tough to be at work all day if I'm still super sleep deprived.
  • Options

6 weeks 5 days

2. How are you feeling?

I'm tired, but I think I've gotten used to low-grade exhaustion. Most nights I get 5 or 6 hours of sleep (broken up of course) and then I try to nap for an hour or so. So I don't really feel sleep deprived, necessarily - just tired. Physically I'm okay, except my low back is really hurting me over the last couple weeks. I got cleared for exercise yesterday and I need to get started on core strengthening ASAP - it's even hard for me to get out of bed in the mornings and get LO in and out of the RNP.

DH took LO for a couple hours this morning and I took a nap and a shower. I even shaved my legs! I got cleared for sex, so I figured I should try to not be a wooly mammoth if and when we do try...assuming LO will allow us enough time to make an attempt.

I think right now I'm still in a kind of bubble where my days consist mostly of feeding and cuddling LO. The real "new normal" will come when I go back to work. Thankfully I have 9 weeks left of leave, so that gives us time to get into more of a routine. I am very nervous about going back to work - my job can be pretty high stress and I got a new boss right before I went on leave. I hear good things about him in terms of his technical ability, but I also hear he's much less in favor of flexible schedules and working from home. I'm not looking forward to having to prove myself to someone new, who apparently has pretty high expectations, when I know I won't be anywhere close to being on top of my game.
  • Options
    @penelope4612 about the no adult contact during the day- I feel you. DH has been traveling Monday-Thursday's and will be for the next month or more. I have actually started going to stores, or my older children's school during their lunch/recess, and visiting my mom, just to have contact with other adults. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    SaraRose83SaraRose83 member
    edited January 2017
    This might be too rare of a problem- called L&D about it and they just said to go to ER if persists. I had an emergency csection and bleeding went watery and pink then completely stopped last week, at 4weeks PP. But yesterday bleeding started again, heavy, bright red, with a quarter sized clot and continues today. Anyone have experience with this? I've been pretty much sitting around the house because of snow, so don't see how I could have suddenly overdone it. I did lift 3 lb arm weights 8 times on Thursday, but DD is over 9lbs and I've had to lift and carry her around before that, so don't see how those would have made a difference. 

Edited because ooops, meant to post this on January questions, sorry! 

Pregnancy Ticker