December 2016 Moms

Health and Fitness Check-in ~ 1.16.2017

1.  What is your health/nutrition goal this week?

2.  What is your fitness goal this week?

3.  Any challenges this week?

4.  How did you do with your goals last week?

5.  GTKY:  What's your vice?

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Share a healthy recipe that you use to bust cravings.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
Married: Aug. 2005
DS1: Born Oct. 2012
DS2: Born Jun. 2014

Re: Health and Fitness Check-in ~ 1.16.2017

• 1. Eat more while grains. I just love white rice right now.... 

2. Do 10 squats every time I go into the bathroom. Weird? I thought it would be a good quick muscle toner! 

3. Sick child, 5yr DD2. I am so behind on everything in my house because I've been caring for her and the baby. It's like having 2 babies. I am feeling the pain of the twin parents.

4. Pretty good, I stopped eating crappy food! Yay. I even made a couple of meals!

5. I have to have coconut water. Stupid, I know. It's like $20 for a case at Costco, and I'm the only one in the house that drinks it. And it's not bad, but if I don't have it then I'll start drinking juice, which is full of sugar and unnecessary calories. 

Bonus! Apples and oranges. When I want sweets at night, if I just cut up a bunch of apples and oranges, it kicks my sweet-tooth's butt. 
    I know, it's not a recipe. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

sourlemon
  • jennbaylor12jennbaylor12 member
    edited January 2017
    To start working out. I'm 7 weeks PP so it's time

To just get started, at least 3xs this week to do anything that could count as a workout. I'm gonna do like @yellingbanana and add in squats and standing calf raises in random parts of my day

Nothing out of the ordinary...just gotta get going

Meh, I didn't

Carbs...gimme all the carbs!!
    Oh, and diet coke, I drink too much. I'm thinking of quitting entirely....

DH will use the ninja to make fruit smoothies, tossing in a couple spoonfuls of plain yogurt...pop them in the freezer and they taste like frozen yogurt or ice cream! Simple but yummy
    BabyFruit Ticker
    sourlemon
  • Loading the player...
  • @jennbaylor12 diet coke used to be my thing too! It took 2 years to fully quit my 3 a day habit. DH still has 3 a day! My mom drank it daily growing up (instead of coffee and all day) so I grew up drinking it. Now I'll have one every week or three and I'm never impressed. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

jennbaylor12
  • 1.  What is your health/nutrition goal this week? 

Not eat so much junk food. Breakfasts and lunches have been tough since I'm alone and hate cooking for one. Some days I skip both on accident. Other days I eat snacks all day. Today I made eggos and sausage...so hopefully I'll get better. 

I'm starting to run again. I ran on Monday and again today, though it's a lot of walking mixed in. I also still need to come up with a plan for everything. 

After a day of running (2 miles) my incision is sore for 2-3 days and I started bleeding a bit for a day. So idk if it's too much too soon. So just spacing things out is a challenge. Also, a big storm is coming tonight...we might actually get snow. 

I got cleared to workout so that's good. Also walked most days. 

Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. 

Is ovaltine healthy? That's what I'm drinking motn instead of eating more chocolate! In case it is... 8oz milk, 2 big scoops ovaltine hahaha.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

temmetimejennbaylor12yellingbanana
  • 1.  What is your health/nutrition goal this week? Avoid extra crap and unnecessary snacks, unhealthy ones anyway.

2.  What is your fitness goal this week? Get 3 days in

3.  Any challenges this week? Not really. I have excuse come Wed-Fri as my mom so nicely comes over after work to hang out with DS so I can workout. Monday and Tuesday, my sister was in town so she didn't come over and I actually got out of the house and walked.

4.  How did you do with your goals last week? Good... got my workouts in that were planned. It was rough, but I just started so I know it will take some time.

5.  GTKY:  What's your vice? Hmmm... chocolate for sure. I have a BIG sweet tooth, so it's rare I say no to much sweets.

@sourlemon Be sure to drink your Ovaltine! :smile: I have actually been having some Carnation Instant Breakfast some days, just to get some milk/calcium in plus other stuff that's in the drinks. Probably not THE healthiest, but it's something.

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Share a healthy recipe that you use to bust cravings. I do some Greek yogurt... like Chobani. It's sweet and healthy. Oh, and DH always buys apples so we usually split one at lunch and supper. Sometimes I'll have one with some PB, too.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

sourlemonyellingbanana
  • @sourlemon my incision just hurt thinking about running. You are a brave sister, don't overdo it! And I couldn't help but think of A Christmas Story when you mentioned ovaltine....

jandd2014sourlemon
  • I'm joining in this week!!!

No dairy (due to fussy gassy baby)... no sugar for me. 

To take a walk. That's all. 

I am still pretty weak and have so much to do for myself physically during this postpartum period. 

First week. 

Sugar... dairy. Love them both too much! 

Im looking for dairy alternatives it makes me sad to not have it! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

yellingbanana
  • yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited January 2017
    @maamawaabangi sorry about the dairy :( No one in my house can digest milk, we drink almond milk. The original is best, imo, don't get unsweetened or vanilla. Get the milk from the refrigerated section, not the shelf-stable kind (they just don't taste right). Also, coming from a house full of dairy sensitive people, cheddar cheese seems to do the least damage gas-wise.

• queenklauqueenklau member
    edited January 2017
    Sorry guys, will post this on the correct check-in week, disregard!

******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016