June 2017 Moms

GTKY: Sports Teams

FSUNole31FSUNole31 member
edited January 2017 in June 2017 Moms
Since there was a lot of football talk in the randoms,  what is your favorite sport and team?  It can be college/professional or both.  Let's hear them (and let the rivalry trash talk begin  ;) )
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: GTKY: Sports Teams

• I love watching college football.  It is my favorite sporting event to watch.  Everyone probably knows by my screen name that I am a huge FSU fan...I went to school there from fall of 2003 to the spring of 2008 and have two degrees from that amazing place.  

Professional football is ok, I am a buccaneers fan pretty much because I live so close to Tampa.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Loading the player...
  • FSUNole31FSUNole31 member
    edited January 2017
    Oh I forgot, I do enjoy baseball, we don't watch as much since we don't have cable but I love the Tampa Bay Rays.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Go Cowboys! Watching their Playoff game right now.
  • I'm just a football fan, though I tend to watch championship games of most sports.

College: Nebraska Huskers (FSU by marriage)
    NFL: Denver Broncos (Dolphins/Bucs by marriage)
  • @Stankonia2014 I like your husbands taste in sports teams!!  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• I love football, both college and NFL.  I'm a huge Hokies fan and I was at every home, some away, and most bowl games they had while I was at Virginia Tech, 2003-2007.  I have a place in my heart for Penn State too, since my little brother and some other relatives went there.  In the NFL, I love the Steelers since my family is from that area.  I love that all three of these teams are (historically at least) defense focused, because I would rather watch a low scoring defensive game any day.

I also enjoy hockey, but have a harder time keeping up with it because of the number of games and where I live.  Not surprisingly, I'm a Penguins fan.  My husband is a huge hockey nut (also from PIttsburgh) so we end up attending a lot of AHL games just for fun. 
  • @FSUNole31, he's a recent Bucs fan because he followed Jameis.
  •  @Stankonia2014 I am only a bucs  fan due to proximity.  I am really thrilled with the Noles!   :)
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @FSUNole31 Were you in a sorority? I'm HS c/o 2004 and have lots of friends that went to FSU same time you did. 

I went to UF (GO GATORS!!) from 2004-2011 (bachelors and masters). So I root for all things Gator. My husband and I are huge sports enthusiasts and keep up with a lot of their sports programs. 

I'm a Packer through marriage. Not as die hard as with the Gators but I'm definitely tense watching this damn game right now. 

I enjoy baseball but I don't have a team. I really loved watching the Braves with Bobby Cox. He was the best. 

I'm meh about NBA. Used to be a diehard Orlando Magic fan when I was little but when Shaq left for LA it crushed me and I vowed to never root for anyone again. I was so dramatic. 

• @Mother0fDragons I was not.  My husband was/is a FSU TKE though if you knew anyone in the fraternity scene.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Mainly NFL football. I am a huge die hard packers fan. My nails are bleeding due to this playoff game. 
  • St. Louis Cardinals! Baseball is the only sport I really get into. 
  • I'm a huge ice hockey fan...love watching it!  I'm in Indiana, and we don't have a team, so I don't really have a favorite.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• I'm from Chicago and I'm embarrassed to say I'm a Bears fan. But we are a hockey family so we are always watching the Blackhawks! I also grew up a Cubs fan but don't really watch it now. I guess you could say a Bulls fan too but I'm not into basketball at all. 
    Everyone here in Madison is super into college football and basketball! We are not. Although UW did play WMU, which is where I got my bachelor's degree from so that was fun!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Die hard Denver Broncos fan! I don't really watch anything but football. When it comes to the Rocky Mountain Showdown, I live in a divided house. My H went to CU. I went to CSU for grad school.
  • Seahawks all day everyday!  The hubs is a Yankees fan. I'm originally from Illinois and was a huge Bulls fan when I was a kid/teenager. Went to countless games as a kid and saw Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and BJ Armstrong play in their hay day.  Man that was an amazing team and Phil Jackson was a hell of a coach.  I was raised as a Cowboys fan though. 
  • I am, unfortunately, a die hard Buffalo Bills fan.  My DH and I are both from western NY and really love the Sabres as well, but now that we live in Texas, hockey is never on tv.  DH also went to the University of Michigan for law school so we're really big Wolverine fans :)  
  • I'm in Indiana, and the only sports team we have in a sport that I enjoy that I'm supposed to like, I'm not a fan of. But anyway. 

College football: Alabama. My mom's entire family is from Bama, I was born there. I feel like I'm entitled to like one of the teams. 

Professional football: Packers. 

Baseball: St. Louis Cardinals. 

Not really into basketball. 

I like hockey, but I don't have a pro team that I'm a loyal to. When we had the icemen a (semi-pro team) here in Evansville, I was a big fan. We have a new team, but I haven't been to a game yet. 
  • I grew up in LA so here's what I've got for you:

I love watching USC football games! I'm not a big baseball fan but NOTHING beats going to a Dodgers game at Chavez ravine and indulging in some Dodger dogs and garlic fries. 
    No longer a fan of either of LAs NFL teams (after so many years without, it feels weird to say that), NHL teams, or NBA teams. Grew up in a staunch Kings and Laker household. Ahhhh "Showtime" was a great Lakers era!!!

• I love all of Boston Sports but Patriots are my absolute favorite! My husband thinks I'm crazy because I'm always yelling at the TV (I'm more of a fan of sports than he is I guess) can't wait for next weekend! 
  • @itsfine, that was a literal nail biter. ;)
  • @itsfine, that was a literal nail biter. ;)
    Omg did you see that field goal? 
  • NFL: Packers
    College: Bama (I went to UAB)
    Baseball: STL Cardinals
    NHL: Blues

and I don't watch basketball. 
    @hjphillips we are almost the same person! Haha. 

I use to be really into college football, but now don't follow it as much. NFL is my biggest sport and growing up close to St. Louis my father dragged me to every cardinals game as a child! 
  • @TGmomtobe90 you have good taste in sports teams, if I say so myself.  ;)
  • Huge hockey fan. Detroit Redwings, although this year has been ROUGH.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Being from the Southeast it is a lot more NCAA than pro sports...

College everything but hockey... GEORGIA TECH, Go Jackets!!!

College hockey - UMAINE, Football - Notre Dame (by marriage)

Pro sports... slight preference for my home teams ATL Falcons, Hawks, Braves prior to marriage but wasn't all that into them...

Now, I have really gotten into pro sorts with DH who is from New England so... Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics... love watching them all, esp. the Pats!

• We are BIG into all football at our house. DH and I are both part of 2 fantasy leagues so we spend the majority of our Thurs-Mons watching football during the season. 

Obviously college wise I'm a Huskers fan and for NFL I married into the Vikings fandom. It's been a rough few years, guys. 

I grew up in a baseball house as well and basically spent my summer breaks at Kauffman watching the KC Royals do not so great, but that was back when Krispy Kreme gave out a dozen free donuts if they got 12 hits so it was still a win in our book. ;) The last few seasons have been so much fun, though! (Fun fact, I nanny 3 houses down from Alex Gordon's Lincoln house. It's a big deal for me, lol)

We watch Nebrasketball and do brackets for March Madness but it's not something that we follow religiously like football and baseball. 
  • @CurlyMommy416 I too am a 716er so we love the Bills. Hey, there's always next year! Haha. 

Because we love the Bills we strongly dislike the Patriots. So.. Booooo to all of you Pats fans! 

As for hockey we are Penguins fans, last year I thought H was going to cry when they won the cup. People always ask why we don't cheer for the saber's. H has been a Pens fan since the early 90s when he was younger. I didn't even watch hockey until we met. H always says "we have to watch at least one team that wins once in awhile". Haha o Buffalo. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • STL Cardinals and Blues all the way.  I used to follow the Rams passionately, but since my city was literally screwed by the NFL last year, I have taken to actively rooting against professional football.  (And I have an unhealthy hatred of all things Cubs/Blackhawks/Red Sox/Patriots.)
  • Born and raised in the Cleveland area. Baseball is my favorite sport so the Indians are my #1. I am also a Browns and Cavs fan. I went to Ohio University so for college sports I sometimes pay attention to the MAC and root for the Bobcats - especially if they make it to NCAA March Madness! If I have to I'll watch and root for OSU but I wouldn't call myself a fan.
    Also this is one of the best Indians gifs ever:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Gimme NCAA football anyday, particularly my alma mater, Oklahoma Sooners. I am not a big professional football follower (except for fantasy league stuff), but love the NBA and my OKC Thunder.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • NFL Steelers  (Broncos by marriage) 
    college we are Miami fans, even though they are terrible! 
    Rays for baseball, but I usually don't watch! Our hometown is where they would practice in off season, so they'd always come and eat in our restaurant. 
  • @danijo. I cannot stop watching that gif.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• We are huge sports fans. DH and I both played soccer at Wright State, who has no football team, so we are Ohio State fans since that was the closest school with a football program. We both grew up in Cincinnati though, so we've always like OSU. 

NFL: Cowboys by marriage. DH has been a huge Cowboys fan forever. Loss last weekend was rough. But so much love for Zeke - he's my favorite.

Baseball: Reds! 

NBA: Cavs. We love Lebron. 
  • We are huge football fans in my home.

Our NFL team is the Carolina Panthers.  I literally have been going to the games since Game 1!  I was 10 years old their first season!  My family has had the same season tickets/seats (PSLs) from the beginning.  We definitely had a very disappointing season.

For college I pull for USC (South Carolina) Gamecocks because my sister went there (my college didn't have a football team), and my husband pulls for Ohio State since that is where his family is from.
    BabyFruit Ticker