August 2017 Moms

Any other Advanced Maternal Age Mommies to be?

2»

Re: Any other Advanced Maternal Age Mommies to be?

• @AKFarmerBecky how long of a flight would that be? 

Curious mostly because I too have to ferry to the hospital and all OB appointments. It's a 45 min ferry, or 20 min private or ambulance boat. (And I asked insurance, and if the OB indicates it's necessary, ambulance boat plus ambulance transfer to the hospital is covered. Woohoo!)
  • @lyse01 About a 15 minute flight. An hour or so by boat or ice road (when the river freezes enough to drive on). To fly to Anchorage it is a couple hours. 
  • Loading the player...
  • This reminds me how lucky I am.  I live two miles down the road from the hospital.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well congrats on your surprise! If you look at the spreadsheet that's pinned you can see most people's ages. I was actually shocked to see at 24 I was the second youngest here. I will be 25 at delivery I hope but that's the average age of most of our friends are having kids. I am in a weird group of friends though, we all went to a very fast-paced engineering university together that forces you to grow up a lot quicker than most. We had to have a co-op every other 3 months in a professional environment, so most of us were working at GM or Ford helping design cars at 18. and all the girls leave the school engaged (8:1 ratio, it was great!). So we were all married by 24, and now the babies are coming since we all started our careers at 18 instead of 25 like most people.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @AKFarmerBecky 15 min? Seems like a totally reasonable hop to me!
  • I have an 18 and 20 year old, now a 1 year old and expecting twins.ill be 38 when I have them.i don't feel 38 though, more like 30. But this exhaustion with the twin pregnancy is tough.
  • I'm 37 (will be 38 when this one is born).  I have 2 boys who are 8 and 4.  It's a little scary starting over again, but I'm really looking forward to completing our family.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • lmyrmolmyrmo member
    edited January 2017
    @AKFarmerBecky no not a super woman, but hubby is amazing and I'd be in a nut house without him ;)
  • Looks like I may be the oldest. I'm 41. Had positive test 2 days before my 41st bday. Have a 21 year old who's not quite happy about this pregnancy. 
  • I'm 39, turning 40 a month after my due date  :)
    This pregnancy has been intense so far. I've had 24-7 morning sickness with a fair amount of vomiting since I got my BFP. Taking diclegis 3 times a day has helped to manage the severity, and I'm thankful I'm only a few weeks from 2nd trimester (hoping this means less nausea!)
    I am pretty tired and unfortunately not sleeping well in general...wish I was able to nap! It would help me keep up with daily life.
    I have two children in college, a middle schooler and one in elementary school.
    It's pretty wild having a baby at this time in my life...my EDD is literally a day off from my eldest daughter's 20th bday. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers