August 2017 Moms
Options

Any other Advanced Maternal Age Mommies to be?

I didn't exactly plan to be a AMA momma. My plan was 2 and done before 35 - and I had my boys, 9 & 7. Then we had a "SURPRISE!" Followed by 2 MCs. :( We were trying then not trying and moved to Alaska to be blessed with another "SURPRISE!"

Now if all goes well until August I will have a new bundle of joy 3 months before my 40th birthday. 

Am I alone? The only old lady of the group?

Re: Any other Advanced Maternal Age Mommies to be?

• Options
    I turn 35 in August (most likely before I deliver), so I'm also considered AMA. I know there are plenty of us old farts on here! :p  This is my fourth & last Baby. I have two boys & a little girl (10, 5, and 1 respectively). 
  • Options
    I would love to have 4 kids. My DH and I have been together for 17 years and I did not know until about 2 years ago that he expected us to have a BIG family :) He said he figured we would adopt and foster and have a bunch of our own. It made me cry when he said that because I thought I had been alone in wanting more. 

And YAY! For not being the only "old fart" ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Meeee!   I just turned 36 and have a 6 & 4 year old.  Holy cow I'm tired this time around
  • Options
    @mkayslurp for reals right? I could sleep all the time! I need a nap almost as soon as I get up.
  • Options
    I will be 35 when this one comes and the doctor labelled me AMA. I am sure there are more than a few of us around here.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Natural MC - 4/18/10 (9 weeks)
    DS was born six weeks early on December 2010!
    Natural MC - 11/21/11 (7 weeks)
    DS born full term on October 2012!
  • Options
    35 over here! Pregs with number 2. If all goes well with this one we will probably have a third but bang that thing out before I'm 37. I will turn 36 in September. 
  • Options
    35 over here! Pregs with number 2. If all goes well with this one we will probably have a third but bang that thing out before I'm 37. I will turn 36 in September. 
    "Bang that thing out"  :D 
  • Options
    Would you ladies be interested in a Weekly Old Farts check in?
  • Options
    Just turned 35 in Sept!  FTM
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Mango517
    lol, I think that counts :)
  • Options
    I'm 35 and will turn 36 will turn 36 in july. I'd love a weekly check in!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We can chat about our chin hairs and cellulite! Saweet!!!!! Lol
  • Options
    We can chat about our chin hairs and cellulite! Saweet!!!!! Lol
    And our achy creaky joints too :) My knee keeps tweaking and giving out every time I sit on the toilet (which is WAY more often these days...)
  • Options
    I am 38 and pregnant with my 2nd.  Suffered a loss at mothers day, so nervous, but will be 11 weeks tomorrow...further along than last time. 
  • Options
    Turned 35 mid November and got pregnant two weeks later. FTM, woot!
  • Options
    I just turn 35 back in September.
  • Options
    37 currently and when baby comes.  We just got our referral for the geneticist today.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Turning 36 this year, I have a three year old daughter. Don't see myself as old, cause the new saying goes: 30's are the new 20's!
  • Options
    I will be 36 in a February! I have a 15 month old and with this first trimester fatigue, I am so tired running after my little guy. Bed time at 8pm? Yes please. My lower back and hips hurt already from picking up my 30+ lb DS. DH keeps telling me wait until I have a bump to carry too! I can't wait for my baby bump!
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy and I'll be 38 when my baby comes. AMA sounds like it should be so much older than 38. Of course, I am still in denial that I am anything more than 30, lol.
  • Options
    This little one will be born 2 months before my 40th, so I'm right there with you!  I've been feeling pretty good so far though (fx!)  My 2nd was born when I was 36, so I've done the AMA thing before - it's just a label...no big deal!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • Options
    I will be 36 in a February! I have a 15 month old and with this first trimester fatigue, I am so tired running after my little guy. Bed time at 8pm? Yes please. My lower back and hips hurt already from picking up my 30+ lb DS. DH keeps telling me wait until I have a bump to carry too! I can't wait for my baby bump!
    He's 30 lbs already! Dang girl! how did our September babies grow up so fast :(
  • Options
    I will be 37 when this one comes.  I have two and thought we were done.  My hubby and I sure were surprised!
  • Options
    I'll be a few months past 40 when this LO comes! Oh man. Oh man that sounds old. I had my daughter at 36 and the pregnancy was uneventful. Hope this is a smooth ride too. Heard the heartbeat last night (121bpm!) so that was reassuring. Every week means a lot, no matter how old you are.

IvorySoapGirl - Forest Hills, NY

Me: 40  DH: 40
    Married May 2012
    DD born Sep 2013
    MC Feb 2017 11w2d
    CP May 2017 5w
    MC Oct 2017 6w
    BFP Dec 2017 EDD 8/15/18

• Options
    @dmbfan46835 Girl, this little boy is always eating! He has been in the 98th percentile for weight and height his whole life. He eats his fruits and veggies so I can't complain. And no, I have no idea how our babies grew up so fast. *sniff*
  • Options
    I am 34 and feel old compared to my pregnancies at 28 and 31. So tired!! 

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    aims76 said:
    I'm 40.....and having my first baby! My husband & I had a miscarriage 18 months ago (and I also had a miscarriage 11 years ago with my 1st husband). My husband has an 18 yo daughter in college....so talk about starting over! 
    Babysitter!!!! Lol

hope you guys have an awesome experience this go 'round! 
  • Options
    @lmyrmo
    Dang mama! Super woman indeed with that age range :)
  • Options
    You should hug your OB for all of us!
  • Options
    So I finally had an appointment yesterday. Pregnancy officially medically confirmed. Appointment set up for a sonogram and a meeting with the High Risk OB in the nearby hub village (7000 people as opposed to 300). So February 8 I should get a lot more questions answered. 
  • Options
    @akfarmerbecky is a medicated birth an option for you up there or are most unmediated au naturale? 
  • Options
    @dmbfan46835 Most people here have medicated hospital births. They just have to fly or boat to hospital. For really complicated or high risk situation they have to fly to the major hospital in Anchorage.

I am guessing I will have to fly to Anchorage because I will have to do a repeat C-section. I am not a good candidate for VBAC according to my previous OBs.