Upcoming appointments this week? 

Any new symptoms or changes? 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

GTKY: What is your biggest fear?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 1/10

• How far along are you?  10 weeks

How big is baby? Size of a tart kumquat 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope not until Jan 30

Any new symptoms or changes? None...mostly fatigue. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Nah

GTKY: What is your biggest fear? Terribly afraid of heights. I can fly in an airplane but anything else like walking on really high balconies and etc freak me out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    7 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Blueberry

Dating ultrasound on Thursday. I am so nervous about it. I'm just so worried something will be wrong. But the optimistic part is that maybe everything is ok and I can relax and celebrate this pregnancy. 

Not really. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    It's a snow day, everything is cancelled or closed. I had to cancel out of work because my son was up every hour all night. I'm beyond exhausted today. 

Heights. I'm terrible with even open staircases. 
  • please tell me you found a my baby is the size of app for harry potter! haha
  • @hupp0013 I hate driving in snow too, be safe out there!

@littlebug2010 a golden Snitch! I love it!
  • @Lindstothee and @maebee87 I found it on babysizer.com!  Its what is in my siggy! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @littlebug2010 ha I love Harry Potter!! 

How far along are you? 8w

How big is baby? Kidney bean

Upcoming appointments this week? Next week- 1/17!

Any new symptoms or changes? Not much different from last week- queasiness, always crazy hungry but food aversions, fatigue

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

My biggest fear in general is my family/friends getting hurt/sick. My biggest physical fear is of rollercoasters. I'm not afraid of heights and I've gone skydiving before, yet I really hate the idea of being strapped to something that's moving so fast/up/down. 
  • felix08felix08 member
    edited January 2017
    @littlebug2010 What app are you using that told you it was the size of a golden snitch?? I must download! ETA: I see you already answered this! Thanks :)  
    @maebee87 sorry that the snow day messed up your day, but as an educator I'm super envious (I love snow days)! Hope your appointment goes well on Thursday!

How far along are you? 8 weeks

How big is baby? Per The Bump, the size of a raspberry. At last week's appointment, baby was about 10 mm. 

Upcoming appointments this week? I have an u/s with my RE today and my first appointment with OB/GYN on Thursday. 

Any new symptoms or changes? My main symptom is nausea at random times of day--no real pattern to be seen. I've also been SO HUNGRY (eating my lunch right now...I need to start packing more food for work). 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Hmm...nothing much to rant or rave about at this point. 

Like @Shan870 and @maebee87, I am terrified of heights. Like, will literally crumple to the floor and hide my face. 

• @felix08 It was on babysizer.com, you have to do the geeky one.  last week it was the size of the one ring, which my husband got a kick out of! I really want to find a week by week harry potter, but so far I havent found anything.  If you look at my siggy, it shows the baby sizer thing. (however I realize that if you are on mobile you cant see it)
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • How far along are you?

10 weeks!

How big is baby?

1.2 inches

Friday!!

Heartburn is softening compared to how it started, but still there. Lots of cramps now, like growing pains.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

It's already getting harder to find clothes that fit. Now all of my jeans are just a little too tight around the waist when I sit down, even when using the hair-tie trick. I have plenty of things I can wear if it was warm... but its COLD! I guess its leggings, long tops, and sweaters for me. But having such a hard time finding colors. Everything is black. :p

I always had a hard time answering this question, but given recent events, I would have to say miscarriage.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @felix08 I hope your appointments go well!
    @Feliciosity I am glad the heart burn is letting up a little bit!
    @amandaredinger and @maebee87 I hope your appointments go well Thursday!
    @littlebug2010 yay for double digit weeks!
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you? 
    9 weeks

How big is baby? 
    cherry 

Had one on Friday (which was mostly medical history intake with a nurse), and I felt pretty ambivalent on the practice. I learned today that it's a very popular practice among my neighbors, which is good, but I also get a bit of a vibe that they'd be very clinical, and I'm apparently pretty crunchy - midwife-attended water birth sounds pretty great. My mom says the midwife that helped deliver me (her friend) does home births in the area, so I'm trying to convince her to set up lunch with us both.

Next Monday, u/s with an OB!

SO says my nipples are harder than they used to be. Breasts are way heavier, but I think mostly on the bottom (already an H cup, and at least the left breast is stretching that cup out a lot). New bras as soon as I have money.

All-day nausea waned between weeks 7&8, and now I just get hungry around 10 am and 5:30 pm and have to eat RIGHTNOW or I'll puke. Exhaustion is demanding daily naps. But hooray for being functional again when I'm awake.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    My parents met SO's parents on Sunday (which was a civil mid-day dinner). But because of the snow on Saturday, my mom didn't come over to help prep meals for the week, and on Sunday, MIL wanted me to come over early and stay late to help...which meant an 8 hour day at their house, exhaustion, tears when a conversation derailed, no escape, a fight with SO who thought MIL's questions shouldn't have triggered tears, and no prepped food for above-mentioned "feed me now" moments. It was a doozy of a day and I'm still recovering.

At the moment, that my stress levels will hurt the baby.
  • @Feliciosity - I've never really figured out the leggings and tunics/sweaters look, but I think I need to too! My jeans are tight and somehow rolling down now, and it's not really comfortable with the bloat!
  • @lyse01 Sorry to hear about the family drama! My M.I.L. makes me want to cry sometimes too. I just try desperately not to be alone with her... ever. She is difficult enough already, then add my raging hormones... Ugh.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi there.  My due date is 8/1, so I'm here too. :)  I only just put in a ticker, so this is my first time on the thread.

How far along are you? 11 weeks today

How big is baby? lime time

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, Monday of next.

Any new symptoms or changes? Not really.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  No

I get really spooked by the supernatural.  Demons/monsters/ghosts and that sort of thing.  I logically know they aren't real and/or can't hurt me, but anytime I see a commercial for a scary movie it gets me.

DD.R: 2013
    DD.C: 2015
    #3EDD: 8/1/2017

• @lyse01 :( Boo!  Hope it wasn't anything too distressing and just a foot-in-mouth.

MIL and I are very different people and we had some drama when DH and I got engaged and were first married (not while dating, just when it was clear I was sticking around).  It caused some conflict between DH and I as well since he often felt put in the middle and manipulated.  What helped me was telling him, "When I am upset I don't need you to agree with me--I need you to be on my side.  You don't need to tell your mom that she's wrong, just tell her that she's upsetting me and needs to stop."  It was a light bulb moment for him.  Hope that helps.

Also, sometimes I pretend she's senile and doesn't know what she's saying.  Everything she says that isn't quite upsetting but still rude/offensive I just think, "bless her heart" and smile.

• @Feliciosity @PeachyTeachy thanks for the support! It was mostly pressure to move to her neighborhood, which is a distinct possibility, but something that SO and I need to decide without her intervention and something that has already caused 90% of our fights, so a known sensitive topic. SO also has a legit crazy ex that would emotionally manipulate this sort of situation, and he hasn't really figured out the whole hormone-driven emotions thing yet. 

I do like the idea that he doesn't need to agree with me to protect me. Unfortunately, even though he was trying to do so, MIL, SO, and I are all too alike in wanting to make the last point, so it didn't really work. She is a nice person that I usually like, though, so there's that. 
  • PeachyTeachyPeachyTeachy member
    edited January 2017
    @lyse01  What are the advantages of moving into her neighborhood?  With a crazy ex and insensitive MIL there'd need to be some serious pros.

ETA: This is really nosey of me...I'm sorry, you said it was a known sensitive topic.  Don't answer.  Imma butt out now.

• @PeachyTeachy - no worries!
    pros:
    Crazy ex doesn't live there.
    SO already owns a house there.
    FIL has Parkinson's and SO is an only child.
    Fifteen min instead of 45 to local ER (but I have 4 EMTs that work at the school next door to me, plus two RNs and an ER doc within two minutes, and the likelihood of baby needing any of that is pretty slim). 
  • @lyse01  I can see how that makes it a difficult situation.  Good luck to you and SO in making a decision.

• How far along are you? 10 weeks!!!

How big is baby? As big as a strawberry!

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, not until Feb 3rd when I'm in the second trimester.

Any new symptoms or changes? Feeling pretty good. Super hungry, craving swedish gold fish candy. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  No.

GTKY: What is your biggest fear? Just hoping I'm doing everything ok in this pregnancy. I'm scared I'm not eating enough healthy stuff sometimes.
  • How far along are you? 8 weeks

How big is baby? a pigmy seahorse

Upcoming appointments this week? next week

Any new symptoms or changes? same symptoms -- just the nausea has worsened :( 

Rants/Raves/Questions? We are waiting to tell anyone (parents, friends, ANYONE) until around the end of the first tri... Keeping it just between my husband and I for now -- as best we can!
    Does anyone worry about how their parents will feel about you not telling them sooner? Especially mothers, when it's their first grandchild? I'm sure they'll just be so excited and it won't be a big deal, but i don't want my mom to feel like she's already missed out on being a support system for 3 months. 

Like others I am always fearful of something happening to or losing my family & loved ones. Scares the shit out of me! 
    But now... I am worried about a lot of pregnancy/baby things... will they be okay and develop healthily, will something bad happen that's out of my control, fearful of labor and birth...
    Major control issues! haha
  • How far along are you? 7 weeks 

How big is baby? Size of a dice 

Upcoming appointments this week? 9 days away - getting excited! 

Any new symptoms or changes? nausea is getting stronger especially when I am hungry. continued insomnia. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I have a nasty cold with a low grade fever (100.5F which is high for me, normal is 97). I feel awful and luckily I didn't have to work today but it is going to make tomorrow that much worse 

this sounds ridiculous but I have an irrational fear of high blood pressure. It doesn't run in my family but I am just terrified of it. I work in health care and have had a lot of patients that have terribly controlled high blood pressure. The thought of having to go on meds for that is scary. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Butting in on this:
    Does anyone worry about how their parents will feel about you not telling them sooner? Especially mothers, when it's their first grandchild?

Yes! I think my mom will understand as she's laid back and she understands I do things on my own timeline. My MIL? I'm not sure. We think she might be annoyed at us for not calling when the pee stick was wet. She wants to be a little too much up in our business sometimes.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517

Totally in the same boat. My mom knows I am super independent, but I'm still afraid she'll feel a little down that I didnt feel the need to come to her with questions or get her advice early on.
    My MIL is like that as well -- all up in everyone's business! Which is a reason why we want to keep everything hush until we feel more confident. Because as soon as we tell them the floodgates are open and you can't go back!
  • @anokoch same with the fear about not getting enough nutrients/healthy food for the babe! I literally wandered the aisles of Trader Joe's yesterday looking for SOMETHING healthy I could stomach.

@Knottie1427505306 I'm such a control freak, and pregnancy (and I'm sure, parenting) is giving me a major reality check on how little I am in control of. Hoping it's a good life lesson, although a hard one! I know my mom would be sad if I didn't tell her early on (we told parents at 5ish weeks bc Christmas), but she's ultra sensitive and I'm not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ She already got upset that I'm not letting her in the delivery room (aka our home since we're planning a home birth). I know there will be MANY things I do during this pregnancy that hurt her feelings, but it's not about her, so she'll just have to deal. Plus, I think she thinks we are closer than we are, so that doesn't help. *end family drama rant*
  • @lyse01 My dad has Huntington's, which is very similar to Parkinson's, but its genetic. I tested and am negative, which means I can't pass it on either! Good news for baby. But I can definitely understand that being a reason to move closer. My DH and I are looking at moving soon to be closer to my parents so I can be around to help my mom with my dad.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Feliciosity - so very glad for you that you dodged that genetic bullet! Good luck with figuring out your potential move.
  • tan14-2tan14-2 member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 14 weeks day DD 8,8,17
    How big is baby? The size of a peach