December 2016 Moms

Health and Fitness Check-in ~ 1.9.17

Sorry for the delay...I thought about this around noon and then forgot until just now.

1.  What is your health/nutrition goal this week?

2.  What is your fitness goal this week?

3.  Any challenges this week?

4.  How did you do with your goals last week?

5.  GTKY:  Who are you rooting for tonight...Clemson or Alabama?  If you're not into football, what is your favorite sport to watch and/or play?

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  If you've been cleared by your doctor and/or feel up to it start thinking of healing/strenghening your core.  Here are some exercises that I've found specifically meant to address diastasis recti postpartum: https://breakingmuscle.com/learn/12-weeks-of-workouts-to-rebuild-after-diastasis-recti
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
Married: Aug. 2005
DS1: Born Oct. 2012
DS2: Born Jun. 2014

Re: Health and Fitness Check-in ~ 1.9.17

• 1.  What is your health/nutrition goal this week?
    EAT!!! When I'm stressed, no food sounds good. Combine that with limited eating time and I haven't eaten much. And logically I know I need some serious fuel right now to heal and make milk. 

Still taking it pretty easy. Hoping we can go for more walks, but it's hard to find time when LO isn't eating and I don't have any immediate (food, sleep) needs either. 

We all have newborns. I think that's it's own unique challenge.

Didn't have any, so great.  :#

5.  GTKY:  Who are you rooting for tonight...Clemson or Alabama? 
    Really not into sports. My parents are baseball obsessed so we end up watching a good amount of that, but not by choice. 
    kattyc-2yellingbanana
    3 meals 2 snacks. I'm trying to lay off the sweets too but I'm struggling to muster self control. So I don't want to be unrealistic.
    I'm trying to walk or do a work out every day. Yesterday I walked and today I did my first, real-deal workout. I'm working back in slow but today felt like a big success.
    Nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, our weather is really good this week.
    Let's just say they all got bumped to this week.
    5.  GTKY:  Who are you rooting for tonight...Clemson or Alabama?  If you're not into football, what is your favorite sport to watch and/or play?
    I like watching professional football. I actually really like playing football too but rarely get the opportunity
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
    sourlemonkattyc-2yellingbanana
  • Loading the player...

I'm 6wks PP today!! So I'm ready to focus and her this party started :-D

Start working out with a combo of walking and cardio, ease into HIIT workouts

None to mention

Moving on....

I love football, College and Pro!! I can throw a mean spiral myself ;-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    sourlemonyellingbananaslartybartfast
  • Hi! I'm joining this thread now that I feel I can start working to get my body back  :p it's going to take a while...

1. My health goal this week is to not eat the sweets that I have been. I killed all of our Christmas candy last week. Oops.

2. Physically, I am making an effort to be active or get out of the house everyday instead of taking it easy. I'm 5 weeks pp so I am feeling more comfortable doing things. Anything.

3. My challenge this week is that my incision still hurts at times, usually when I am in bed trying to sleep. So I can't go all crazy working out yet, just basic stuff. 

4. My goal last week was to not gain weight, I succeeded. But let's face it, that is a pretty low bar. 

5. I was rooting for UW, that didn't work out. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

slartybartfast
  • 1.  What is your health/nutrition goal this week? Not eat crappy since I sit around a lot. Opt for healither choices when dining out or DH picks up fast food.

2.  What is your fitness goal this week? At least 3 days! I already have 2 down and plan for at least one more, maybe two. I got the OK to do cardio again, so I got on our treadmill and did a couch to 5k walk/run. I cancelled my gym membership and will only be doing workouts at home.

3.  Any challenges this week? Day to day... finding the time. However, my mom has come over to hang out with DS while I workout a couple days (she did yesterday and will tomorrow). That has helped.

4.  How did you do with your goals last week? No goals.

5.  GTKY:  Who are you rooting for tonight...Clemson or Alabama?  If you're not into football, what is your favorite sport to watch and/or play? Surprised to see that Clemson won, but good for them! I cheer for my college alum, North Dakota State - who were the 5-time FCS football champs until this year when they lost in the semis. Otherwise, I also like watching the MN Vikings (win or lose) and the MN Twins (again, win or lose).
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

yellingbanana
  • 1.  What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  A continuation of last week's resolve to not eat like crap (i.e. practice some self control) 

2.  What is your fitness goal this week?  Either "walk" on the elliptical or outside 4-5 times this week.  My PP check-up is tomorrow, so I want to wait to be cleared before doing anything too strenuous.

3.  Any challenges this week?  Finding the time.

4.  How did you do with your goals last week?  I didn't make any formal goals, but managed to eat better as well as take about an hour walk each day since Jan. 2. 

5.  GTKY:  Who are you rooting for tonight...Clemson or Alabama?  If you're not into football, what is your favorite sport to watch and/or play?  I was rooting for Alabama (my dad is a huge fan).  I love watching football in general, though mainly stick to the NFL these days despite not having any real allegiance to a particular team.  This year I'm rooting for the Cowboys (Dak went to my Alma Mater, MSU)

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
    yellingbanana
    I'm not worrying about this yet....although I did log into MyFitnessPal for the first time in a long time just to see where I was at
    go for a walk a few days
    it's been raining but finally isnt today. and my back hurts.
    didn't set any, but will start this next week
    I'm not really into watching sports but love to play soccer. Hoping to start playing again this summer if I can get my butt in gear and get back into (sort of) shape
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
    yellingbanana