August 2017 Moms
Options

Tooth Pain?!?

Omg my bottom left teeth are throbbing since yesterday!! I remember I had this with my first. 
I can't recall if it started this soon (9w). 
Anyone else having tooth problems?? 
Im so nervous I'll need a root canal. 
I read online you can bit into a garlic clove to help with pain. Anyone try that? 
:confounded:
Eat Sleep DanceimageBabyFruit Ticker BFP 12/10/2012 - Strong numbers and baby HB 169!

Re: Tooth Pain?!?

• Options
    I had tooth issue with my first pregnancy that required a root canal that was also early on in the pregnancy. dealing with a tooth ache is the absolute worst, I would go to the dentist and get it taken care of! although I had to get some x rays and get on antibiotics my doctor was fully on board on getting it fixed and said it's better for your pregnancy if your body is not actively working to fight off an infection. everything worked out fine and was relieved to not have to deal with that which was on top of all the first trimester shittyness
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a cousin who either had a root canal or a tooth pulled with every pregnancy, and she had 8 kids! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yikes!  I guess it goes along with pregnant women having a lower immune system in general--we are probably more likely to have tooth or gum issues.  My OB told me to make sure to keep up with regular dentist appointments during pregnancy.  It could be nothing--but better to be safe and get it checked out!
    Pregnancy Ticker