March 2017 Moms

Preeclampsia **update in hospital...again**

Lexxilou1986Lexxilou1986 member
edited January 2017 in March 2017 Moms
I went to the Dr on Friday to have an US and labs due to my BP creeping up. My BP was 152/100 and I had trace protein in my urine. My OB diagnosed me with Mild preeclampsia. 
My son was born at 34 weeks due to high BP and preeclampsia so I'm feeling pretty nervous. I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow. My US looks good and baby girl is measuring around 3lbs 7oz, so that is a blessing. 

I guess I just need some thoughts and prayers and hope that I can cook her at least a few more weeks!! He basically said that I can sit in the mild range for awhile, but if I go into severe range, they would have to discuss delivering. 

Anyone else had had experience with preeclampsia? 

Re: Preeclampsia **update in hospital...again**

• No experience with pre-e (although I did have PIH with my first), but just wanted to say I'm thinking about you!  I hope it stays steady for many more weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No experience but thinking about you.  Sending thoughts and prayers your way!
  • Loading the player...
  • thinking and praying for you!
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • No experience here either, but keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Sending you thoughts and prayers for a manageable BP! ❤
  • I only have experience with the high BP but not Pre e. I know how scary it is to not be in control of your body.. Thinking of you and hoping things stay where they need to be. 
  • Thanks ladies! I go in for another US and labs tomorrow. My Dr said they may go ahead and give me steroids as well for baby girls lungs. I'll let you know how it goes. 
  • I had pre-e with DS but it wasn't until 36 weeks. Did they montior you at L&D before sending you home? I know when I went in and my bp was super high, they monitored me for a couple of hours to see if it would go back down. It did, so I was able to just go home and be on bedrest for a week. Thoughts and prayers with you, I know it can be scary! 

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Update- My BP has remained stable in the 150/90-100 range and no protein today!!! Dr has me starting a baby aspirin a day and encouraged me to take it easy. He said I am still in the mild range but that I will get worse...just a matter of when. 
  • I do have experience, but thankfully by the time I'd developed it it was late enough in the pregnancy that they just induced me.  :/

I wanted to say that my thoughts are with you! It is so scary when you are faced with uncertainty like this! I'm gladd your BP is holding steady. That is such good news! Its true that it is a condition that doesn't really get better, but I hope it holds off long enough to give your baby more time. Good luck, momma!  <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Prayers mama! Hope they can keep baby cooking for longer!
  • @lexxilou1986 thinking of you!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sending prayers your way, lady! <3
  • thinking of you!
  • Sending T&P mama!
  • Thinking of you!
  • Thinking of you!  Hoping the baby keeps cooking and that you get to do that cooking at home instead of in the hospital. 
  • T & P that your bp comes down and that you are able to keep baby in longer

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sending T & P!! Hope you get to go home quickly and cook that babe a bit longer!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Thinking of you & your little one!
  • My thoughts and prayers are with you! Hang in there!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thinking of you. My BP is also all over the place. Doc doom me off work. I'm 32 weeks. If you need company! 
  • Thinking of you. 

• Hoping BP is staying stable! Thoughts your way! 
  • Thinking of you, too! Hope all is well. 
  • My BP has been pretty good until this morning...woke up with a killer headache and BP at 168/103. Feeling a bit better now though. I have another appt today, so hopefully everything will look okay!
  • FX all is OK @Lexxilou1986.  That BP is pretty high.  I hope it comes down!
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I hope everything goes well at your appointment today and that your BP cooperates!
  • Hang in there @Lexxilou1986!  Cook LO cook!!
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Great news! You're already so close to 32 weeks! I hope that the time flies by for you!
  • @Lexxilou1986 hope you get to go home today!! I am on labetolol too since 2 weeks ago - hope it works for you!
    Anniversary

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @Lexxilou1986 prayers that these new meds will keep they BP down! Glad the labs are all normal! Love the name !!
  • glad you've been able to get things back under control. i hope you get to go home soon. Elise is a great name :)
  • korpisar said:
    @Lexxilou1986 hope you get to go home today!! I am on labetolol too since 2 weeks ago - hope it works for you!
    I hope so too! My BP is back up a bit this morning, but not bad. Is the labetalol working well for you? 
  • Yes it's pretty good so far - my bottom number has gone down consistently but my top number goes up and down. The dr has me coming in weekly for bp checks, non stress test and u/s to measure amniotic fluid. All looks good so far
    Anniversary

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Sorry you are in the hospital again! Hopefully they can get your BP in control and you can keep baby girl in as long as possible :)