babies"r"us registry party (happening today!) - Page 2 — The Bump
2nd Trimester

babies"r"us registry party (happening today!)

Re: babies"r"us registry party (happening today!)

• BumpTara said:
    It is awesome hearing about your registries! Next question:

What items do you want the most from your registry?
    a convertible crib, carrier , and stroller ;-)
  • @monica_shah Thank you ❤ so far he is doing great! We are so excited to be blessed with him
  • MrsW524MrsW524
    100 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2017
    @BumpTara I'm honestly not sure what my priority is from my registry.  I figure what people don't get me, I'll buy.  I didn't put anything on there that I really don't want.  I do need to find smaller stuff though, because I feel like the only things on my registry are big.  I did put a note on it that said something about being a FTM and not knowing what I really need, so I'm hoping experienced parents will buy what they think will be useful.
    RubyTusdae
  • I am most looking forward to getting a pack and play with all the bells and whistles. We will use it as the bassinet for the first few months in our bedroom too so if we don't get it we're in trouble!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    RubyTusdaemnscimnsci
  • I am really hoping someone gets us the convertible car seat we registered for- its actually one of the only big ticket items I didn't buy myself so fingers crossed! Next I would say the diaper pail, mostly because my husband doesnt see the point so it will be harder for me to buy myself ;)
  • @BumpTara I mostly want clothes. We already purchased the big ticket items. I'm cloth diapering so I have that taken care of. I love the little clothes but have only purchased a few sets. Hopefully I'll get some at my shower
  • which car seat did you add in your registry? I was planning for graco travel system. any suggestion.
  • @monica_shah  I'm doing the Graco travel system that has the jogger type stroller.
  • @budzynb That's what we plan on doing. It will be SO much easier those first few weeks. The one I got has a bassinet and changing station so in the middle of the night I shouldn't have to go anywhere. Going to be tired enough haha!
    budzynb
  • edited January 2017
    @MrsW524 here are a few ideas for you for some "smaller" items that you will need: infant hangers (if you have a closet for baby), swaddle blankets, disposable changing pads, car seat mirror, the "mommy hook", pacifier clips, breast milk storage bags, diapers, bath accessories.... just something to get you started :)
  • i'm here for the party....i started mine early to get a little excited as its hard to feel real after IF but once i hit 2nd tri i got serious about adding the big things like the stroller/car seat/swing, those are the basics we need so i want those more and they are the bigger ticket items 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks @JustAnotherUsername16  I think the only thing on there that I considered and nixed was the milk storage bags.  I don't know why, but I feel weird registering for nursing stuff because I feel like that's too much for me rather than the baby.  I know that's a little silly since clearly the baby will benefit, but still.  I'll definitely add some of those items though!
    JustAnotherUsername16
  • @BumpTara swing,  baby carrier & baby monitor - i think i will use all of these the most !

• I haven't registered for a monitor yet.  I really need to, but I keep hearing wildly different reviews on different monitors and I can't make a decision!
    RubyTusdae
  • same here. it has got nice reviews . i seriously hope someone get that from our registry ..;-)
  • I want the practical stuff the most.  I'd like to get the cutesy fun stuff myself..  we do need a car seat so that's the one big item I hope to get.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
    JustAnotherUsername16
  • which swing are considering? i selected the fisher price one with rainforest design
  • There is some really good advice being shared here, Bumpies. :) 

Another question:

Do you have ways of hinting about what items you want the most off your registry?
    RubyTusdae
  • What are people's thoughts on registering for diapers? 
  • @monica_shah We got a Graco MySize 65 Convertible with Rapid Remove . I didn't want to have to buy another one down the road and I loved the color.
  • I am not adding diapers to my registry. I think i will buy that from all the GC i will receive in babyshower :-)
  • @mrsw524 same here! I really don't know what to get in regards to the monitor....
  • @monica_shah I have a Motorola monitor that has lasted me since my daughter (who is 4.5) and still works perfectly. 
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • BumpTara said:
    There is some really good advice being shared here, Bumpies. :) 

Another question:

Do you have ways of hinting about what items you want the most off your registry?
    Honestly i am really bad in giving hints. I wish i could .. any suggestions though how i can give hit  for the items i want most off my registry 
  • Love to participate, not sure how I join in?

• edited January 2017
    @BumpTara My two best friends planned my shower and they included an insert on the electronic invite that said "Want to buy the bundle of joy a bundle of your own but aren't certain what to buy? Consider these items that Baby _____ really needs, approved by her new mom and dad!" - it was a top 10 list which was awesome and they asked me to help pick of course. It was so thoughtful of them! I definitely made sure there were gifts in lots of different price ranges so that anyone could participate. 

I do wish BRU had an option to list select items as "most wanted" on my registry, though! 
  • HappyAnjelHappyAnjel
    500 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2017
    @BumpTara I won't be hinting.. I only added things to my registry I really need.. so I will be happy and grateful for anything I receive from it as it will be something i dont have to purchase myself.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
    JustAnotherUsername16RubyTusdae
  • @BumpTara  I'm afraid to hint because I think it can very easily come off as tacky.  Gifts from a registry are wonderful and helpful and realistically I know my family will throw a shower and want to give use stuff.  However, I think asking for presents (without someone else asking you first) is definitely tacky/gift grabby.
  • I did mine through BabyList because I couldn't decide where I wanted to register that had everything I wanted :)

• I started with baby 2 after the 2nd trimister started. And probably closer to the halfway mark with the first when we found out the sex and I didnt know anything yet. 

My top want right now is a ktan breeze wrap and a really nice glider/ottoman

• any ideas for Twin bassinets for the first few months? 
  • Adding that most places (although I don't think BrU had the option) have the option to click a most wanted item button to let people know
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
    RubyTusdae
  • @BumpTara If I'm asked I just straight up say. I put a variety of things priced small to a little more pricey so they have options too. I don't expect people to spend tons. I just want to see everyone at my shower to celebrate our miracle!! 
    JustAnotherUsername16
  • @HappyAnjel What model is it? I do like Motorola brand items and haven't decided yet which monitor to get
  • I really like that idea. i am stealing it :-D
  • Speaking of our grand prize....

Are you planning to include tech items on your registry? (i.e. wireless baby monitor, wearable items, sensor-equipped car seats)
    RubyTusdae
  • i really think the same way. but sometimes i feel its better to be practical ... i am loving all the suggestions and tips we are getting on this discussion today 
  • @BumpTara  Definitely a wireless baby monitor.  Probably not a sensor equipped car seat.  I considered an Owlet, but my mother keeps telling me that no matter what she did, I always got my socks off within minutes of being put to bed.
    RubyTusdae
  • @fuss0125 I put a variety of sizes and brands on my registry- If people want to buy diapers I would rather they buy off the registry in case baby doesnt do well with a certain brand and I need to return/exchange...
    RubyTusdae
  • I registered for a video baby monitor and some wearable items... I think it's PGAL brain but I am so paranoid something could happen and these things will put my mind at ease. If BRU is looking for items to pick up, might I suggest the owlet? I really want it and would love to have it on my registry as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards