December 2016 Moms

PP Healing and Wellness 1/5

maamawaabangimaamawaabangi member
edited January 2017 in December 2016 Moms
Soooorry I was in "laborland" earlier this week and totally forgot!!!

But, now I belong here! 

1- Postpartum age...

2- How are you feeling and how is your healing this week? 

3- What is one thing you've learned about yourself/body during this time or appreciation do you feel towards your body or mind having grown an entire human being and brought them into the world? 

4- What is one way you're loving and serving your healing body this week? 

Due December 27th with baby #7

yellingbanana

Re: PP Healing and Wellness 1/5

• Loading the player...
  • 1- Postpartum age...
    5wks, 1 day

This has been such a more difficult recovery than with my first. Between the complications with a C-section, the mastitis, my Staples popping back through my incision and now having a cold for the last 10 days I just feel physically diminished and defeated. However, overall, I feel like I am literally sitting on the edge of the precipice of getting back to normal and feeling like myself. I have dropped all but 8 pounds of the 32 pounds of the weight gain with this one which is nice and I have 10 pounds from my first that I would like to lose as well but I feel like all of that is doable

3- What is one thing you've learned about yourself/body during this time or appreciation do you feel towards your body or mind having grown an entire human being and brought them into the world? 
    I just think this is the most incredible and amazing thing that a woman can possibly do! It actually has just hit me today that I had my tubes removed during the C-section and I am not even physically capable of having another child... not that I've changed my mind, but I think with everything else that has been going on postpartum that particular reality just literally hit today and I am grieving that just a bit. And so I am allowing myself that moment because I think that is only fair

My husband went back to work this week and my son went back to preschool and so I am just now really enjoying this baby by myself and letting myself relax as much as I can while they are out of the house. Yesterday was the first day and it was nice :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    yellingbananaajstevensondmontgokattyc-2
  • ajstevensonajstevenson member
    edited January 2017
    Yey, first one!

1- Postpartum age... 5 days

2- How are you feeling and how is your healing this week? Pretty good, but worried I may have over done it this morning. I felt so good and it was nice to be productive but my back is spasming quite a bit this afternoon.

ETA, the bump ate my post....

3- What is one thing you've learned about yourself/body during this time or appreciation do you feel towards your body or mind having grown an entire human being and brought them into the world? I have a whole new appreciation and love for my body. It's truly incredible what we're capable of.

4- What is one way you're loving and serving your healing body this week? Staying in bed in the morning for rest and snuggles and big breakfasts to start the day off right!

Pregnancy Ticker 

dmontgoleksiLkattyc-2
  • 1- Postpartum age...
    4 weeks 5 days

My physical healing from the delivery has gone really well. I don't need to wear pads anymore, just panty liners, and I don't have any lingering pain. That said, everything else hurts. I've realized that my big old boobies make it hard for LO to latch well - and maintain a good latch/position - so I'm having to use both hands for support. It's really aggravating my carpal tunnel, and my back is wrecked. I just can't seem to find a nursing position that is comfortable for me and good for his latch. My nipples are really sore too.

Mentally/emotionally it's been a trying week. LO is still only sleeping 2-3 hours at a time and wants to nurse constantly. Because he's always on the boob I can't seem to pump enough to have a good stash for DH to be able to take him for more than an hour or two...and I really need a break. I need to sleep for more than 2.5 hours and I need time to myself without worrying that LO is freaking out on DH because he's hungry. I've been crying a bit the last couple of days out of frustration and I'm worried that PPD is setting in.

I am trying to be kind to myself about my body, but carrying the extra baby weight is bringing up some body image issues I've had my whole life. I gained 40 pounds and I lost 20 within the first week or so, but no more since then despite the constant breastfeeding. I've got about 20 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I don't know how to try to lose it without affecting my supply. I do try to remind myself that my body did something pretty incredible and that it will get back to normal when the time s right.

...need to work on this, honestly. I'm going to try to pump enough for DH to take LO off my hands for some time tomorrow afternoon so I can take a good long nap. I'm also going to make some lactation cookies in hopes that will help me keep up with LO's insane thirst!
    yellingbananakattyc-2
  • 1- Postpartum age...
    13 days

Physically, pretty good. Bleeding is wrapping up. And good thing because I feel like I'm getting a grown up diaper rash or something. 
    Emotionally, I'm struggling a bit. LOnis having weight gain issues and in definitely feeling guilty about it. He finally is gaining weight so that helps, but it's still a teary guilt fest most evenings. 

I still can't quite connect pregnancy/labor to the baby. Like they are just two totally different things. I'm amazed any time I try to imagine that big (not really) baby inside me. 

I'm not.  :/ I try to shower everyday. That's about the extent of it. FI has to remind me to even eat. Stress makes me forget stuff like that. 

kattyc-2
  • 1- Postpartum age...

6 Weeks

Physically and emotionally, I'm doing pretty well.  Back to exercising lightly and with the exception of some back pain/weakness, I feel pretty much healed.  My biggest struggle emotionally is low level irritation over shouldering most of the feeding, diaper changes, etc. for DS3 during the wee/early morning hours - it only makes sense since I'm breastfeeding, but my sleep deprived self is a bit irrational.

Hmmm...this was my third rodeo, so probably the biggest thing that I appreciate this time around has been postpartum.  With DS3, everything has kind of fallen into place mentally and physically so that instead of EP, which I did with DS1 and DS2, I've been able to nurse this time around.  I truly appreciate that.

I finally decided to eat a bit healthier and get some (light) exercise, which always makes me feel better in general. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
    kattyc-2yellingbanana