May 2017 Moms

*TW* Diagnosis (updated again)

RainyDays86RainyDays86 member
edited January 2017 in May 2017 Moms
Hi ladies.

I hesitated to post this in its own thread but I didn't want to clog up the randoms post. I had my ultrasound this morning for the breast lump that has been giving me trouble. They found two masses which they said could be a lot of things but they followed up with a mammogram to get a better look and based on what they saw the radiologist is almost 100% certain it's cancer. I have a biopsy tomorrow morning and should know with absolute certainty. But the radiaologist was pretty sure - she even went so far as to say that if the biopsy came back negative she would question whether or not it was correct.

So, I guess I'm just trying to process what this means for me, my pregnancy, my son, etc. It's frustrating and scary not to know what stage it is - that will be determined by the biopsy and whether or not it has spread to the lymph nodes - or what the prognosis will be. I'm trying not to think about the worst case but it keeps creeping back into my mind. I have today off and already told my boss I won't be in tomorrow so I can rest after my biopsy. Right now, I'm coping by shopping at target and making my very sweet husband look at nursery art with me. I'm alternating between scared shitless and oddly serene and accepting of the whole thing (some form of denial maybe?). 

Anyway I'm not going to feel comfortable sharing this with anyone IRL besides H until we have a definitive diagnosis (Friday evening or Monday morning, FX for Friday so I don't have to spend the weekend in limbo) so I appreciate you all reading. It really is comforting to have a place to share all this while I sit in my car in the Target parking lot and cry.

Re: *TW* Diagnosis (updated again)

• Wishing you the best. I have no experience in this situation, but I'm hoping for the best outcome for you and your LO. Please keep us updated.
  • Oh @RainyDays86, that can't be easy at all, especially on top of a pregnancy. Ill continue to think positive thought and hope that if even the radiologist is right, it got caught early enough for minimal treatment. Big hugs. I know this is easier said than done but hang in there. I hope you find out sooner than later so you can process the result quicker, whatever it may be.

• Loading the player...
  • I can't imagine the various emotions your going through. Huge hugs and well wishes your way. I hope you find out sooner than later and if the prognosis is cancer that the treatment plan is easily outlined and managed to ease your mind. Please keep us posted! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • edited January 2017
    Oh @RainyDays86 I can't imagine what you're going though. I hope that you get good answers ASAP and they can come up with a treatment plan that will be safe for you and baby. I would eventually try to find a way to research oncologists in your area since they can vary a lot in terms of philosophy etc. also see if your hospital/health system has "navigators" which have become very popular and are essentially your one-stop shop for questions, appointment scheduling, etc. But for now take this time to be good to yourself and pamper yourself in whatever way seems right. We're all thinking of you! Creepy weird stranger hugs out to you. 
  • I am so so sorry, @RainyDays86. Hopefully you can get some more definitive answers soon and get a solid treatment plan in place. You and your family are in my thoughts. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• I'm so sorry to hear you're in limbo. I can't imagine the waiting process. I have no advice but to let you know we're at least here to listen anytime you want/need to share.
  • I am so sorry, that is such a tough situation to be in. I really have no idea what to say. But, I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get some sort of answer on Friday so that you aren't wondering all weekend.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Oh my gosh, I will be keeping you guys in my prayers, and I hope you get answers quick.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Big {{HUGS}} to you. So sorry you're going through this. FX you get some answers by Friday. Will be thinking of you!
  • I am very sorry to hear that you're going through this and that you have to wait for results. Try not to go down the rabbit hole of 'what-ifs.' Hoping for the best possible outcome for you!
  • So very sorry to hear this @RainyDays86. I'm sure it isn't easy being in such a "what if" scenario. Praying for quick answers, knowledgeable medical staff, and of course peace of mind for you and your family. 
  • I'm so incredibly sorry. I hope you hear the best possible outcome, and soon. We're all here for you...please keep us updated. <3
  • @RainyDays86 I'm so sorry to hear this. You are in my T&Ps. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. Hugs 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• @RainyDays86 I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope the radiologist is completely wrong. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. 
  • I'm so sorry you've gotten this news.  I'm in a sense glad you followed your gut and had them check the lumps out.  So many women ignore them.  I hope that if it is in fact cancerous it's either benign or they are able to catch it early enough that you can for go treatment.  I can't imagine what's been going through your head and all of us hear are a great sounding board since I know you mentioned you don't feel comfortable telling anyone just yet.  Please keep us updated and take care of yourself...
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • So many hugs to you!  :'( 
  • @RainyDays86, I can't imagine all that you are going through right now. I will be keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers. Praying that you guys find a treatment plan that works for you and has low risk. We are here whenever you need us. And please, start as many threads as you want. 
  • Sending healing and positive vibes your way! So scary, I'm so sorry
  • So so so many hugs girl. Praying for you. 
  • Oh, I'm so sorry to see this! Hugs!!  I'm so glad that your husband is being so great. I will be praying for you, and hope you are able to get the results before the weekend! 
  • SO sorry to hear that... I cant imagine how your feeling. Hang in there...

• Oh @RainyDays86 I am so sorry you are going through this. It is very good that you followed through getting checked out and didn't wait. I have my fx for a quick diagnosis and if it is cancer for a clear treatment plan. I understand not wanting to tell others right now, so (as other said) please do not hesitate to update/vent/whatever you need to us. We are here for you. **creepy internet hugs**
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @RainyDays86, I'm so very sorry you are dealing with this uncertainty and possible diagnosis. Praying for you and your family! I sure hope they don't keep you in limbo over the weekend. Hugs!

May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• I'm very sorry to hear this and I will be thinking of you.  I hope you get some fast answers and a plan in place.  I echo what everyone else has so eloquently said above. We are here for you.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Hugs and prayers and good vibes coming at you from Massachusetts! There's a lot of love and hugs for you on this board, try to soak it in & take a deep breath. We're here for you! FX for Friday. Kudos on Target shopping as a distraction, I totally approve   ;)
  • I'm so sorry. Big hugs and prayers to you. I'll be thinking about you. 
  • Oh my...I am so, so sorry to hear this. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope that you get a speedy diagnosis and a great treatment plan in place if it does turn out to be cancer. Sending you creepy internet hugs and SO glad that your husband is helping you through this difficult time. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Oh no!  Sorry you heard such jarring news. I will be hopeful that you get your biopsy done asap and the results back super quickly!  Keep us updated and try to take one day at a time. 
  • I'm so sorry! I hope you get solid answers soon and a plan. Keeping you in my thoughts. 
  • I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you get answers soon. We're all thinking of you and rooting for you. Please take care of yourself and keep us posted--we're here whenever you need us!
  • I am so, so sorry you are going through this! Thinking of you and hoping that you end up getting good news. We are all here for you!
  • T&Ps for you, your pregnancy, and your family! I am so sorry you are going through this!!! I can't even imagine what you must be feeling like. So many <<hugs>>.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I'm so sorry you are going through this! Thinking of you and hoping for the best possible outcomes for you and your family (hugs)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • :( Thinking of you!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Oh @RainyDays86 I am so sorry. I can't imagine the range of emotions you are going through. As hard as it is, stay strong until you get your diagnosis and can make a concrete plan. In the meantime, be kind to yourself and we will always be here for you. Sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts.
  • I wish I had advice or words of wisdom to share. I hope you get answers soon as I'm sure the unknown is terrifying. I also hope you can find comfort in knowing you have a community of women thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts! 
  • I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you get definitive answers soon. Thinking of you and your family. 

BFP #1 10/8/13, EDD 6/4/14, DS #1 6/9/14

BFP #2  5/1/16, EDD 12/16/16, MMC 5/27/16

BFP #3  8/29/16, EDD 5/5/17, DS #2 5/11/17

BFP #4  2/28/21, EDD 11/9/21

• You are in my thoughts, @RainyDays86
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited January 2017
    I'm so sorry to hear this, but hopefully you found it early and will have a great treatment plan put into place quickly.  Sending you lots of positive thoughts!!! 

Edited for typo. 
  • So sorry. Wishing you the best possible outcome. Hugs. 
    Me: 38
    Day 3 FSH: 10.9
    AMH: 0.49
    Hypothyroidism

DH: 35
    Vasectomy Reversal Aug 7, 2015 (successful! - 10/15/2015: 39 million, 60% motility)

IUI #1: 10/15/15 - 100mg Clomid with 3 mature follies - BFN
    IUI #2:  11/14/15 - 100mg Clomid with 1 mature follicle - BFN

12/15 - taking a break to finish grad school
    8/24/16 - Surprise BFP! EDD 5/6/2017
    It's a girl!