July 2017 Moms
Options

Anyone have the stomach bug?

11 weeks pregnant with twins, keeping an eye on a SCH with baby A, had all day nausea for weeks (taking diclegis), and now I have the stomach bug.... hello 2017! 

Re: Anyone have the stomach bug?

• Options
    @Cait32 thank you 
  • Options
    I had food poisoning last week, couldn't keep anything down for about 36 hrs. 

Thankfully though, that's by far the sickest I have been!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @GlitterFish were you so nervous?! I feel like I am squeezing my babies! 
  • Options
    @ebennett1007 I had a severe stomach bug and was hospitalized around 9 weeks due to dehydration. It sucked but other than Zofran and IV fluids there is little they can do. Gatorade and small bites of room temperature apple sauce were my friend for a couple days after I was discharged. Feel better soon!
  • Options
    ^^^ditto to everything she just said!  I also went to ER last week at 9 weeks for dehydration and they gave me anti-nausea meds and two bags of IV fluids.  Finally feeling a little more normal this week but it sucked.  Hang in there, mama.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We had a stomach bug make the run of the house over Christmas term break.  I was not immune.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Can't you like, go to the doctor if you're so nervous?
  • Options
    Hi!  I had this on Christmas eve and then day.   At Christmas eve, I had been puking and stomach issues for 12 hours so I hadn't kept anything --even water -down. They gave me an IV drop (4 bags) and then zofran via IV and to take once home.   The IV drip helped a lot and just time.....they also taught me a trick. Take a shot glass of water every 15 min. Then, if you keep that down, next hour 2 shot glasses (slowly but that amount).  Do call your doc! I called and got someone on Christmas eve and they advised I go to urgent care or an ER.   My insurance also has a 24 hr nurse line so we called that first.....and they said talk to a doc within the next 8 hrs.  Instead of gatorade they suggested something more like pedialyte for adults, but to be honest....it tasted so gross, I couldn't do it.  Feel better!

I am on diclegis and the zofran was stronger and better for stomach flu. They also swapped me to 2 pilled every night now on the diclegis.
  • Options
    Half my family has this awful stomach bug going around! Hangs around for 48-72 hours. Luckily, kind of, I have been so sick with a cold/pregnancy crap we haven't left the house in forever! Hoping we skip it all. I hope everyone feels better and stays healthy!!! 
  • Options
    Lurking from June. I have it. Can't keep any food down. But I am managing a few sips of lemon lime Gatorade. I feel feverish but my temperature is normal. Hoping this passes quickly for everyone. I also had a stomach bug when pregnant with my son. That one may have been compounded by a urinary tract infection that I had at the same time. 
  • Options
    Guess the stomach bug is hitting all areas of the US. It's been going around here the past week, half of the residents on our unit have it and have had to call out (UNHEARD OF). DD hasn't been in daycare in 10 days (sick with a nasty ear infection) but goes back tomorrow so I should be contributing my symptoms to this thread in a few days. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.