July 2017 Moms

#thebachelor

Re: #thebachelor

• I love the bachelor! It's so entertaining! I talked DH into watching this season together! I told him we will laugh a lot together!!! :) I will be watching on Tuesdays on Hulu! 
  • I hate Corrine. Hate hate hate. She's a hypocrite and makes me sick haha. I have such strong feelings about this woman for no reason. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Corrine is legit awful. But I seem to remember Nick being awful during group dates on Andi's season? I just hate that he validated her behavior. What a slap in the face to the rest of the (mostly) normal women. 
  • Ugh I am seriously so mad he gave Corrine the rose. She is awful. Just awful. I really hope she goes soon (but I have a feeling she will be around for a while). 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I don't understand why the bachelor/ette constantly let other people interrupt them. I feel like if I was on the show and you've already had your time and you came to interrupt me for a THIRD time (ahem Corrine) while I was talking to someone who I hadn't gotten to talk to yet I would say no, I'm trying to talk to everyone.
    I mean, I know this happens every season, but it was obnoxious last night and he seemed annoyed with Corrine but I guess her making out with him swayed his opinion in the end. It just made him look skeevy...
  • Corrine is the worst ever... I wish she would get voted off, but unfortunately the classic reality show villains almost always make it to the very end.

I'm full on rooting for dolphin/shark girl
  • Corinne is awful and so is Nick for giving her the rose!!! All that shows is that he values drama. Also, I hate when they don't do a rose ceremony in the episode.
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • Corrine was getting on my nerves! She kept interrupting people then got all up in that girl's face for interrupting her. UGH. DH walked by and even got sucked in by Liz, and watched with me for a bit. 
  • Corrine is a bitch! She interrupts then gets all bent out of shape when she is interrupted?!?!?! LMAO and her random ass 'speeches' she randomly gives on the group dates. She is an idiot! LOL I don't think I like Nick...he gave that idiot the rose?! WHY?! Oh yeah, boobs. He just let everyone know he will give a rose to whoever flashes him first. 

I have mixed feelig about how he handled Liz. I feel bad for her. He should have had an honest conversation with her on DAY ONE, then he should have never gave her a rose. To keep her around, but ignore her and not make eye contact is bogus. I'm just humiliated for her being sent home on a group date out of nowhere. Yikes. That being said, Liz should have never been there in the first place. 
  • The look on Corrine's face when the one girl came out in her Adam & Eve 'outfit' was priceless. Like, she was so pissed that there was someone with less clothing on than her. I love how she acts like she's all innocent too saying things like "that was so out of my comfort zone"...BS. Your slutty ass loves the attention. 

I was just in shock when he gave her the rose because he seemed so uncomfortable with her during the shoot and then he seemed annoyed when she kept interrupting during the cocktail hour. 
  • I need more Bachelor convo ladies?!?!?! The real question: does Nick realize Corrine has a nanny???? Omg just had the worst thought...what's if Corrine is the next Bachelorette?! 

Idk her name yet, but the girl who wore the princess wedding dress seemed to have the most chemistry with Nick. She's also the one who pissed off Corrine, so I love her. HAHAHAH
  • @LoveLee85 I like her too! But she looks like a baby next to him!! I mean, me and my DH have an age gap, so that doesn't bother me, but some of these girls are SO young!!!

i feel like the conversation with Liz should have happened night 1. It does look bad that he waited and then sent her home, but I do not feel bad for her! She was there for the attention.

I really like Danielle M But I don't think she's very memorable....

and corrine is just coming across as a slut. Getting naked and sticking your tounge down the guys throats the first date?! Classy....
  • These 23 and 24 year olds are just way too young for Nick! I really thought this season would be late 20s and early 30s, but alas, I was wrong. 

It seemed like he was only willing to deal with Liz on his time and agenda, and I agree that he handled it poorly and too late. 

I heard Nick say recently (maybe to Jimmy Kimmel?) that he's aware of obvious red flags of a 24 year old having a nanny but wondered if she was included. I think he was kidding.... Also someone started a twitter account called Corrine's Nanny, and Nick has retweeted her. Who knows when he found out though! I'm just so disgusted that he signaled to the women that her behavior is something he likes. And I'm pretty disgusted to have such strong feelings about this show!
  • I'm actually not mad at Nick for not talking to Liz right away. Like he talked to her the first night, but there wasn't a lot of time. He thought about it a while, gave her a chance on a group date and realized something was just off. Then they talked some more and he sent her home. I don't think he did anything wrong there. I read an article where he said they actually talked for quite a bit during that group date. I'm so glad he got rid of her though. She definitely just wanted to be on tv. 

I also don't get these young women who come on this show saying how they can't find love. You're 23! Calm down. 
  • I thibk Corinne got the rose because of producers wanting that to happen. And I think Liz went on because of producers. And they only showed her talking about the wedding. And I think Corinne will be sent home on a 2-on-1 date. A little farther in the season. There's just some things after watching so many seasons that you know are the producers ideas. Lol
  • Yes I'm glad liz went home I was sick of hearing how they hooked up already. And the promos made it look like the girls were upset about that? Prob something else but I don't get why they would be upset? Bc she had a foot in the door before them? 

Im actually from like 10 minutes from Waukesha and I didn't know the bachelor was from there til I watched it bc you all were talking about it. This is my first season watching. Uh I hate Corinne I'm glad I'm not the only one. 
  • Corrine is far too immature for any serious relationship at all. She behaves like a teenager. She's drinking too much and acting like a drunken fool... this is the kind of behavior that you can only get away with in college, when you're acting on all your emotions and learning how to control yourself. She's basically just embarrassing herself on national television. She's an attention seeker and going about it in all the wrong ways... even if Nick is a man whore in his own right, she needs to learn that you don't get a good man's attention by acting like a whore.
    *The other girl, in the Adam & Eve costume, is 1000 times hotter than Corrine... and Corrine knew it! Her face said it all, jealous! Her reaction and behavior in response to that was pathetic. 

Liz is an idiot and super creepy. She has had ulterior motives this whole time and the fact that she told Christine about her escapade with Nick (notice, I said escapade... it was a one night stand, yo! They don't have a "history"!) shows me that she wanted to use that to her advantage, to create drama, and wasn't actually serious about him at all. Seriously, no one really cares if she boned him. I'm surprised that Nick actually made a decision on the spot and I'm actually giving him credit for it. He did the right thing, she needed to leave. 
    *I think he was too unsure how to deal with her on night one, and also influenced by the producers to keep her so this drama could be played out. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • I have a new Corinne analogy:
    corinne = this season's Chad!!
  • Ok. I know I'm late to the party, but hard to find time to watch with a 4 year old running around! 

Corrine is crazy. Him validating her makes me question if he really does want to get married. 

I think he habdled Liz appropriately. I think he needed to find time to sit down and talk with her. I think it was very inappropriate for her to tell all the women about their history (even if they didn't realize). I think he had to find out her reason for being there. He was right though. If she has felt something during their one night stand, she had all sorts of ways to get his number! She just wanted to be on TV!

aide note...I love and hate To be continued...
  • I'm so glad there's a thread for this! DH can't believe I still watch The Bachelor but I'm invested. 
    I am rooting for the special ed teacher. In the preview for next week she asked Nick if he was there for love or just a hook up. YAS GIRL. Because going after Corrine just makes them both look trashy. 
    I also really like Danielle. It seems like she's normal and down to earth. She's definitely in my top 4. 

• So I use to watch when this franchise first started. It use to be 30 somethings who are well established in life and career, but had a hard time finding an equal partner to their success?!?!?! Now it's 23 year olds with nannies and I will say that's crazy. LOL I will keep watching because I'm loving it, but when did it change?? And the person they were competing for was kinda like 'the ultimate, everyone loves him, we don't understand how he's single but he is' type guy.  Like the most eligible bachelor type thing. Nick just seems like a d-bag. I would have left if I was a girl and he was the Bach. NEXT! 

It makes for drama tv and I'm hooked. Haha 
  • LuLiLaEvLuLiLaEv member
    edited January 2017
    LoveLee85 said:
    So I use to watch when this franchise first started. It use to be 30 somethings who are well established in life and career, but had a hard time finding an equal partner to their success?!?!?! Now it's 23 year olds with nannies and I will say that's crazy. LOL I will keep watching because I'm loving it, but when did it change?? And the person they were competing for was kinda like 'the ultimate, everyone loves him, we don't understand how he's single but he is' type guy.  Like the most eligible bachelor type thing. Nick just seems like a d-bag. I would have left if I was a girl and he was the Bach. NEXT! 

It makes for drama tv and I'm hooked. Haha 
    Very good point @LoveLee85!!! That's why they started bachelor pad/Bachelor in Paradise for the drama! I'm not sure when it switched though! 
  • The big rumor, which I love, is that it was supposed to be Luke from the last season, but he knocked someone up at home and had to step down!!! But allegedly, all the Southern girls were cast when it was him.
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    edited January 2017
    leilac said:
    The big rumor, which I love, is that it was supposed to be Luke from the last season, but he knocked someone up at home and had to step down!!! But allegedly, all the Southern girls were cast when it was him.
    OMG, really?? I hadn't heard that but was so hoping he would be the next Bachelor! I couldn't believe JoJo let him go. I thought she was smart but she really ended up being an idiot. I couldn't stand Jordan and would never have given him a chance IRL, he's a phony. 

ETA: I just found this... https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/luke-pell-bachelor-abc-last-minute-nick-viall-switch-925458

seems he was all set to be the next Bachelor but ABC called at the last minute and cancelled him in favor of casting Nick. Super lame. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • leilac said:
    The big rumor, which I love, is that it was supposed to be Luke from the last season, but he knocked someone up at home and had to step down!!! But allegedly, all the Southern girls were cast when it was him.
    WHAAAAT. Luke was hot AF
  • Rae1 said:
    leilac said:
    WHAAAAT. Luke was hot AF
    Daaaaaaaaang!!! That's so juicy drama!!!! 
  • Wait a minute... how much you wanna bet that ABC booted Luke at the last minute because they found out about Nick and Liz at that wedding, and they wanted to be able to bring her on and showcase that drama? 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Wait a minute... how much you wanna bet that ABC booted Luke at the last minute because they found out about Nick and Liz at that wedding, and they wanted to be able to bring her on and showcase that drama? 
    Interesting theory! I'm afraid I might get flamed for this but I was not a fan of Luke... I thought he way overplayed the whole country boy cliche. I was glad they picked Nick over Luke because I liked the "BIP new and improved" Nick but so far I'm disappointed in him ... I'm willing to give him a chance to do better. 
    Also I definitely spend too much time on this franchise. Don't tell my patients :/

ps my favorite guy from Jojos season was the normal one (of the final 4), the one with the career? From Colorado I think? Not the ken doll guy, not failed football, and not Luke. 
  • @mj8215, I think you are talking about Chase. He lives in the town I live in.
  • So I went on demand and watched the 'meet Nick' episode. Shesh. It gave his background. It also had a 'baby special and where are the married ones now'. There was a lady who was on the show and just had a baby girl she named 'Essex'!? It sounds so weird and has the word sex in it?! IDK not my style. 
  • I just don't think Liz on this season was all that different than Nick on Kaitlin's season. Even though they hasn't met, they texted (sexted?), had a connection, and he wanted to pursue it. I don't begrudge Liz changing her mind about Nick after Bachelor in Paradise--all of bachelor nation did, too, and that's why he was made the bachelor. I don't think she was in for fame anymore than any of the other women. 

Speaking of dumping Luke for Nick, I'm still bitter over Farmer Chris getting chosen for the bachelor over Ari!! 
  • Cynth0104 said:
    @mj8215, I think you are talking about Chase. He lives in the town I live in.
    Ohh! Yes, Chase! I liked him. I thought he was too good for Joj. Are you friends with him? I hope he's well!
  • @mj8215. I'm not. Actually never even seen him around. I do know people that went to HS with him though 
  • Just an FYI..I am dry heaving over this scene with the whipped cream. How gross  :s
  • I will watch later today when LO naps! 
  • Dumb question where do you guys watch it if you miss it when it airs on abc ? Was working last night and missed it 
  • @mj8215 if you didn't record it, you can watch it on ABC.com. 

I just can't with Corinne. Sleeping through the rose ceremony, the whipped cream, the bounce house. Ugh. I am glad some of the girls are speaking their mind (I love Vanessa even more now) but hope it doesn't backfire on them. I have a feeling Corinne is going anywhere anytime soon. ugh. 
  • Over Corinne as well. I haven't watched a season in a while and she's making me regret my decision. But of course that's why the producers want to keep her around... I am starting to get slightly concerned with her sleeping all the time though. 

• @carol113 I agree!!! DH even mentioned that last night (as he "didn't watch" with only one headphone earbud in the whole time, lol). Someone should give her a check up for this narcolepsy. Although maybe I'm just projecting, as sleepy as I am all the time!