December 2016 Moms
Options

MOTN January

Re: MOTN January

• Options
    @tinattt23 thinking of you as my son just took a huge dook at 1:40am lol sorry, wish it was under better circumstances (trust me) :s
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO has been screaming her head off all night. She got 30 minutes of sleep after gnawing on my breast for 45 minutes. Up again screaming. I've burped her, changed her, swaddled, reswaddled, bounced, shhhhd, everything I can think of.  I've gotten zero sleep so far and even if DH takes her in the other room I can't sleep with her screaming. I'm in tears. Just go to sleep! What am I missing? 
  • Options
    Oh no @zubenescamali :(. That's never fun. Background noise? Like a fan? It's probably gas, DS gets really fussy before he poops/farts his brains out. Sometimes it happens quickly, sometimes it takes an hour. But it could be anything really. Maybe give her a bath? Change her outfit? Sometimes their little fingers or toes can get snagged on a string in their clothes. Have you tried a binky? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Baaaaaaah, DS just had a big time spit up post nursing.  We both needed new outfits and wipe downs withbwash clothes.  So of course now everyone is super awake at 4:30 am.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @yellingbanana all of the above except bath. She finally crapped out by laying on me for 45 minutes and this last bassinet transfer stuck. But she's up again 2.5 hrs later. At least I've gotten a couple hrs sleep.  Hoping she lets me get a couple more. Thanks.
  • Options
    ajstevensonajstevenson member
    edited January 2017
    Baby was fussy for about 2 hours tonight and then slept for 5 hours straight! I on the other hand have been up for about 3 hours with some nasty tummy troubles.   :s

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    @ajstevenson aw man that's the worst! Hope you feel better.

Baby let me sleep a good 3 hrs tonight which is very exciting. Annoying tho: she was fussing a little around 500am and hubby took his pillow and put it over his head. Super dramatic. Normally I would not be annoyed but he's been sleeping since 930pm and I've been up since 3, after getting to sleep around midnight :angry:

• Options
    My LO made so much noise with sleeping that I didn't actually get any sleep when I put him down.  DH took pity on me and got up with him so I could get some sleep.  Now I'm up and DH is back in bed.  
  • Options
    @ea301 dramatic DH! Lol. I am sleeping in the full sized bed in LO's room because I got tired of DH waking up every time LO grunts. Which is a lot. So dh sleeps solid now, but still tells everyone that we are both like zombies. Um nope, just me. 

• Options
    @yellingbanana yes... I absolutely love when DH tells me how tired he is when I'm the one getting up with his son all night. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @ava.vaudine I slept on the couch for the first 10 days also, at first it was easier because of c-section recovery. But it did start to suck because you are stuck in the same position...All. Night. Long. I thought I was starting to get bedsores, so I had to try the beds. 

• Options
    Dang. My kids are actually all asleep and have been for hours, so of course I can't fall asleep. I just realized I am uncomfortable because my incision hurts and so do my groin muscles. And now I'm hungry. To the kitchen I go for ibuprofen and food...

• Options
    @yellingbanana I'm still sore and occasionally my incision gets a "spike pain" (usually for no good reason). I'm 5 weeks plus. And getting frustrated that it still hurts. Walking is fine...rolling over in bed is terrible.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited January 2017
    @sourlemon the same, walking is fine. Laying on my side or rolling in bed sucks. 

Why I slept only 3 hours last night:
    1. DS woke up right as I was drifting off to sleep at 12:30 am.
    2. DS had a reflux choking fit at 3:30 am. It's scary.
    3. A smoke detector got a 'low battery' at 4:00 am, it starts beeping every minute. I try to ignore. But it's apparently connected to our house alarm, so I start getting texts about it. So does DH, he is out of state right now.
    4. 5:00 am DH called because he is worried about us after getting texts that the smoke detector is acting up. 
    5. 5:30 am, I'm still getting texts about the alarm that is still beeping every minute. So I give up and pull it off the wall, but don't want to accidentally set it off by messing with it. So I take it to the corner of the office, and cover it with a pillow to mute the sound. 
    6. 5:45 am, DS wakes up, the heater has disconnected from the wifi and it's freezing, and an alarm on our saltwater fish tank is going off. and now it's almost time to wake my kids up for school. Fml. 

I'm going to need a nap today. 

• Options
    Current status: am I ever going to sleep again? 
    I don't know how you moms of multiples or moms w/other kids do it, this LO has me beat!
  • Options
    Holy night sweats! Just had my first and I contemplated changing my sheets! Now just feeding a babe. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    Last night was terrible. DH is sharing night duties with me, which is nice but kind of pointless. He tries to calm her down for less than 5 minutes before bringing her back to me because she's hungry- no dude, she's not, I just fed her. His swaddle technique is terrible and LO breaks through so quickly, which means I'm up again anyway. he doesn't bother to shut our bedroom door so I hear all the crying anyhow. And he doesn't bother to listen to me when I try to give him soothing tips (he mocked me for trying to show him the 5s's). 
    Vent over.
  • Options
    @zubenescamali i hear you. I take the night shift for these reasons. Its just easier for me to handle it, even if its tiring at times. Hang in there! Sleep will come eventually (or so i hear) :)

• Options
    Thanks @ea301 rationally I know this is a small piece of it all but it's frustrating when DH says he wants to be more involved but then doesn't even try. With 2 other kids he should remember some of this stuff!  
  • Options
    I asked hubby to take a single feeding overnight last weekend. He woke me up and asked me 25 questions and cursed the whole time he was changing the baby's diaper. So it would have just been easier to do it myself...maybe that was his plan??
  • Options
    yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited January 2017
    I am also the night shift parent, it's just easier. DH gets a little grumpy too. Plus I'm breastfeeding, and DH works a job where you need your wits about you. I can be a mombie and survive. 

@zubenescamali you should get a Halo sleep swaddle thing, they look like baby straight jackets: 
    https://www.halosleep.com/safe-swaddling-made-easy-1/

Just order one on amazon, then your DH can't mess up the swaddle. 

• Options

@zubenescamali you should get a Halo sleep swaddle thing, they look like baby straight jackets: 
    https://www.halosleep.com/safe-swaddling-made-easy-1/

Just order one on amazon, then your DH can't mess up the swaddle. 
    we have the swaddlemes, which are similar. He still messes it up. 
    I think it's like what @LandJ13 says. Typical guy stuff- if he repeatedly does it wrong then I'll just stop asking him to do it. Like loading the dishwasher or folding towels. 
  • Options
    @zubenescamali ugh why can't they fold the towels!?!? They are rectangles!

Hubby doesn't even attempt the dishwasher, I'm not sure he knows we have one. He thinks a little fairy runs around and cleans up behind him.

I just burst out crying and told him I can't do everything bc I had a cranky baby I just got down and the dog was whining to go out and he wasn't budging to let him out.

I really do feel like it's up to me to care for everyone here all the time. In the beginning he was super helpful but as time goes by he does less and less. I have this feeling that bc I'm out on maternity leave I shouldn't complain but for real having all these beings depend on me 24/7 is exhausting combined with the lack of sleep.
  • Options
    DH usually stays up with LO while I go to bed early to try to get some sleep.  I went to bed 2 hours ago.  DH just put LO in the bassinet.  LO starts crying.  DH rolls over and ignores him.  I guess that means he wants me to deal with it?
  • Options
    Sleeping in the living room for the 2nd night in a row. LO is in the pack n play, 5yr DD2 is on the couch sleeping, I'm on the other couch. DD2 spent most of yesterday throwing up, she seemed so much better today... until she got a fever right before bedtime. I thought about the 3 of us sleeping in my room, but learned that lesson yesterday when she barfed on my bed. 

@penelope4612 that sucks. You should turn on all the lights and be loud as payback ;) lol 

• Options
    So, I'm here again. We had been doing so well with sleep and then, bam! DS has apparently decided that he wants to go back to waking every 2 1/2 - 3 hours to eat. The worst part is that he'll stay awake for an hour or so, before he'll go back to sleep. I can barely hold my eyes open, while DH is snoring and moaning in the bed beside my recliner. This too shall pass, right ladies?!?
  • Options
    I have had the worst insomnia tonight OF COURSE while my boy has slept from 10:30-2:30 and just now as I start to doze, he's grunting himself awake and ready for bottle. 

FML 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have had the worst insomnia tonight OF COURSE while my boy has slept from 10:30-2:30 and just now as I start to doze, he's grunting himself awake and ready for bottle. 

FML 
    That's how it always goes. Sorry. 
  • Options
    After a few really good nights of sleep we are back to eating every 2 hours. Which means I get maybe an hour of sleep at a time, if I'm lucky.
  • Options
    @thedaint87 Same. We had our 1st 4 hour stretch last night and hoped for it again tonight but it's been every 2. Not so much hunger, but gas waking her up. I'm starting to wonder if she is going to be this way forever  :#
  • Options
    My toddler is going on 36 hours of a low grade fever. I'm dreading tomorrow with a sick toddler and baby by myself. 

• Options
    sourlemon said:
    My toddler is going on 36 hours of a low grade fever. I'm dreading tomorrow with a sick toddler and baby by myself. 

I'm sorry. And I feel you. DD just got a fever last night too. 

• Options
    Dd1 has some sort of viral thing going on. So it's a wait it out thing. If I have to wait much longer I'm going to go nuts! I started working part time from home today..with my needy baby and sick toddler. And of course some big things fell apart at work while I was out. Booooo

• Options
    @sourlemon waiting out viral things is the worst! We just went through this with DD1. Ironically I think she caught whatever it was at the pedis office at DD2's appointment. Within about 72 hours the fever had broken and she's fine now, but it was rough for sure. 

Sending some healthy vibes your home's way!
  • Options
    I've had an upset stomach all day, it's so bad I can't sleep. I hope we don't get a stomach virus... do you even know what that's like with 7 kids??? It's seriously apocalyptic... the plague...
    Weve also had a lot of food brought to us this week... food poisoning? 
     :s 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    Just finished E's midnight feeding in time to grab a bucket and run to the toilet. L had this over the weekend, and it was 3 days. Someone shoot me.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well.