December 2016 Moms

Re: MOTN January

• Lucas grunts. A lot. He grunts when he eats, poops, and especially when he sleeps. I'll be sleeping in DS's room as if tomorrow to save DH his sanity. Even though I'm the one that takes care of DS at night, DH keeps waking up when DS grunts and can't go back to sleep. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Tessa had a 1 hour 10 minute power nursing session. I had to pull her from my 2nd boob because she was overdue for her 24-hour care session and needed her hearing test done. This kid can eat.

Pregnancy Ticker 

tinattt23yellingbanana
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't stop eating sweets while warming motn bottles and pumping. I've eaten a whole cheesecake, whole choc cake, and a container of cheese and strawberry mini danishes since we have been home from the hospital.
    tinattt23Gizmo1231yellingbananatemmetime
  • @LandJ13 I hear you! My sweet tooth is crazy! It probably explains why I haven't dropped as much weight as I expected to by now. 
    yellingbananapaulpaw
  • @yellingbanana - I had totally forgotten how Loud newborns are, especially when they sleep. Makes it so hard to rest, even when you can
    BabyFruit Ticker
    yellingbananaDiFazette
  • For those whose LO's are only sleeping in RnP's...where do you put them? I feel like the floor by the bed is a disaster waiting to happen. I'll trip on it, the dog will jump off onto it, blanket will fall on it. We're trying to get him to sleep in his bassinet, but for now FI and I take turns on the couch which sucks because it means we never share a bed. Not something that's good for us long term. 
    yellingbanana
  • @ajstevenson I believe her long feedings should subside over the next few days once the colostrum turns into real milk. I was told by LN that they have to work super hard to receive the colostrum that it's more tiring vs them actually eating. My DS's first feeding was 1.5 hours. Crazy!
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
    yellingbananafwbflutegirl
  • @tinattt23 mines at the side of my bed by my feet. Plenty of space for me to get out of bed without hitting it. No blankets fall off the side of our bed. 

Eventually it'll be moved to the other side of the room (around 6-8 weeks old) but I like her close for now. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

jennbaylor12tinattt23yellingbanana
  • @yellingbanana the grunts & noises took me by surprise. I have a hard time with LO's active sleep where she fusses. I instinctively want to pick her up and hold her but have been waiting till her eyes open. 
    yellingbanana
  • We've been up for 45 mins, changing and feeding.  Now LO is wide awake and trying to have a poop.  Mommy is ready to go back to bed.
    yellingbanana
  • We moved LO into his room in his crib after the first week. It has really helped us both sleep better- I don't hear all his noisy sleep and he doesn't hear mine. I sobbed the first night we moved him but it has really helped in the long run. Nursing wakes me up a little more since I go into his room to do it but oh well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
    temmetimeyellingbanana
  • We're feeeibg every 2 hours tonight because of weight loss. But the feed, change, nurse to sleep, hope no extra dirty diaper routine takes 1+ hours. Poor kid isn't getting any sleep. I wake him up 20-40 minutes after he falls asleep to start over again. I feel like that can't be good for him either.  :s
    yellingbananapenelope4612
  • Every since Saturday night, DS hasn't slept any longer than 20 mins at a time, during the day or at night. Yesterday, he actually woke up from a deep snoring sleep 53 seconds later. It's a huge (and unwelcomed) change from the 5+ hour stretch he was giving us at night. I don't know if he is sensing all of my emotions being out of whack, or if it some sort of crazy growth spurt going on. Man, I feel like a freaking zombie though. With everything else going on, I can't handle the no sleep on top of it. All I do is cry, especially when he cries. I don't know if I should call my doc and see if they can prescribe me something, or if I'll be better once we get past my brother's funeral and everything. 

@yellingbanana DS is a grunter too. ALL. THE. FREAKING. TIME. It's so weird. 
    yellingbananapenelope4612
  • It's 4:30 on my first day back to work, and I've been up since H left at 2. I need caffeine.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

penelope4612yellingbanana
  • @tinattt23 every 2 hours??? I guess I've never heard of more often than 3....that sounds super rough on you and baby...how long does that need to go on for?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Toller Hopefully just until tomorrow (today?) when when we see the LC. We've been 2-3 hours. He was usually sleeping till closer to the 3 hour mark (4 hours a couple times when we waited for him to wake us). But that clearly isn't working. Although this 2 hour thing has its own set of issues.  :/
  • @Mamax2 sounds like a wonder week! Hang in there it won't last!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
    Mamax2
  • We're trying to get LO to sleep in his rock n play instead of on me every night. He has been doing pretty well napping and just sitting in it during the day. Last night he slept in it for a solid hour before throwing a fit. I thought maybe he'd go a little longer tonight. No such luck...I'm now on attempt #3 and he's woken up crying within 5 minutes each time. I'm tempted to splurge on the auto version, at this point I'll try anything. Anyone know if it's worth getting the one that rocks and vibrates? I'm not sure if the vibrating kind is worth the extra cash.
  • @gowenc We have the one that auto rocks and vibrates. Honestly, we've never used the vibrate. Tried it once and he didn't care for it. And we typically still rock it by hand. The auto rocking seems to be too much/too loud for him when he's trying to fall asleep. 
  • @penelope4612 sounds like my every night for the past 3 weeks. I don't know what we're doing wrong but nighttime sleep just isn't happening. I'd love the 2 three hour stretches I've heard so much about. 
    penelope4612
  • So I ask DH to change LOs diaper before he leaves for the gym so I can pee before I nurse. No problem right? Well he puts her in a soaking wet onesie on my side of the bed. Not sure if this is pee or spit up but I have liners down here for a reason. So now I have a soaked baby, bassinet and now king bed sheets to change. Ugh. 
    yellingbanana
  • @gowenc we use the auto rocker every night. Ours doesn't also vibrate but we have an older one with vibrate and a bouncer...and she hates vibrate. Wakes her up. But the auto rocker works for us.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @capps42613 that is precisely what happened. Milk came in early this morning and nursing sessions have been much shorter. Unfortunately my left breast is already cracked and bleeding from some of those early sessions!

Pregnancy Ticker 

capps42613
  • I just spent 2 1/2 hours trying to figure out what my child wanted, finally went down with rocking and me singing Barney songs. I only know these songs bc my sister was born into the Barney era. Now he's due to eat in 1/2 hour so yea cool
  • @LandJ13 right there with you. I literally just told her "you are driving me crazy right now!"

paulpaw
  • @ea301 I'd be fine if he wanted the same thing each time but he never lets me use the same soothing technique twice! 
    yellingbanana
  • @landj13 yup... i hear ya! I might be using the barney songs trick soon. She is "asleep" right now but im pretty sure she's just messing with me and will be crying again in 5 minutes or less

yellingbananapaulpaw
  • The only thing Max wants to do tonight is nurse himself to sleep and then scream his head off when I put him in the bassinet. We've been in this cycle since about 10:30 and I am so drained. Nothing else seems to comfort him and it breaks my heart hearing him cry like this. 
    paulpaw
  • @thedaint87 @landj13 is it a full moon or something? Sounds like we are all in the same boat! 

yellingbananapaulpaw
  • My LO is in the middle of their first developmental leap right now, one of the signs of which is increased clinginess, fussiness, crying, etc. Check out The Wonder Weeks!! It really explains and helps so much!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    yellingbanana
  • yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited January 2017
    @jennbaylor12 that would certainly explain why my once perfect child now refuses to sleep as easily. He used to be so easy, this last week his clingyness and fussing have gone way up. He keeps falling asleep for these super short naps - unless I am holding or snuggling him. He has his mommy radar on high alert. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

jennbaylor12
  • gowencgowenc member
    edited January 2017
    Same boat here! According to the Wonder Weeks mine is also right in the middle of the first leap and he's showing all the signs. I've been trying some of the soothing methods from Happiest Baby on the Block, and they definitely help get him settled when he's freaking out. He just won't stay that way for long!
    jennbaylor12
  • I am losing it tonight. Is 7 weeks too early to cry it out?

• LO slept all day so we are predictably wide awake and have been for over an hour.  At least he's cheerfully staring at the ceiling and not fussing?  He refuses to cheerfully stare from his crib, however.
    yellingbanana
  • capps42613capps42613 member
    edited January 2017
    I'm joining in on this unfortunate "wonder week" club that I didn't know about. The past 3 nights we've been unable to get him to sleep by putting him in his crib and giving him his bink like we usually do. He's only happy now if you hold him til he falls asleep and then put him in his crib once He's knocked out. It's been taking 2 hours for him to fully get to sleep soundly. Couldn't understand what's going on. Thanks girls. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
    jennbaylor12yellingbanana
  • Solidarity sisters!! The great thing about the Wonder Weeks and leaps is that you not only have a reason for the crazy changes in your little babe but you can see an end! Maybe not today, but this too shall pass
    BabyFruit Ticker
    sourlemonyellingbananacapps42613
  • Finally got LO dozing off after the whole wake change feed routine. Then I hear him poop. Why?!?!?! Now I have to start over to get him to sleep again   :'(
    yellingbananacapps42613zubenescamalijennbaylor12
  • You're so close @PensiveCrayon
    i know it doesn't feel like it but you are!!! Know you're in my prayers as you wait and do what's before you! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

PensiveCrayonyellingbanana
  • @tinattt23 yes!!! That is the worst. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
    tinattt23