September 2016 Moms

January Randoms

Sbrown721Sbrown721 member
edited January 2017 in September 2016 Moms
Happy New Year!!!

Re: January Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Happy New Year all! Wow that's great @Sbrown721 sounds like the right decision for you and your family! I would love to stay home if it were right for us!!
  • @Sbrown721 so jealous of you but good for you for making the best decision for you and your family. If I could cut back on my hours I would but alas I can't. Besides I have the better insurance.
  • @Sbrown721 sounds like you made a great decision! We are lucky and have family to help watch Dylan and my husband and I work opposite shifts. If we had to out our LO in daycare it would be so expensive!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happy New Year ladies!
    @Sbrown721 so jealous! Wish we could make it work with me staying home. I'm the insurance holder, plus I'm also scared of trying to get back into my job after the kids are all in school. We'll have to make it work until we win the lotto! ;)
  • I have not been here in a little while! I just wanted to come and wish you all a Happy New Year full of happiness, love and good health!
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Happy new year!

Yay! @Sbrown721 so happy

• Man it's rough getting back into work and reality after the holidays!
  • I've been back to work for 2 weeks and I feel so useless at home. I work night shift and feel like I am just always tired. My husband has picked up the slack of trying to keep the house clean but I feel bad that he doesn't get a break either...I think we need a date night here soon. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So Xavier is now 4 months and I still swaddle him. I know I should stop because being able to move around at night is good for development but he sleeps so much better if swaddled. Not sure what to do. Should I leave his arms out of the sleep sac and trial that? It can get chilly in our room sometimes and don't want him to not have a blanket of some kind.
  • We still swaddle too. Usually at some point in the night she gets an arm out. I kinda figure eventually she'll be constantly busting out and we'll just stop the swaddle. We'll move to a sleep sack for warmth after that.
  • I think my hair loss is slowing down slightly. Probably because I don't have much left to lose
  • My little girl refused to be swaddled early on.... she was a mini Houdini! And she was still to small for the sleep sacks I owned. I just have her in fleece footed pj's and turned up the heat at night! I should dig up some of the sleep sacks as they would probably fit her now and its getting very cold here these days.
  • My LO loves being swaddled! He gives a big smile whenever I swaddle him! It's adorable, but I dk how I'm going to break him of it soon! He's 3 months and 1 week now. He doesn't sleep without it!
  • Dylan loves being swaddled as well. We trialed with his arms out the other night and it only took an hour before he was re swaddled lol. I think once he rolls over and we need to stop swaddling him he will end up being a stomach sleeper so hopefully it will be easier to break the habbit. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You could try keeping one arm out of the swaddle instead of breaking it all at once. I still use the sleep sacks for sleep though to keep her warm. 
  • sorry for disappearing.  i'm having a lot of trouble balancing everything.  i'm home sick and we were also snowed in all weekend so i'm going stir-crazy - the house is a wreck and I don't even know where to start.  so on to the momma-blog it is!  

i actually got a lot done today - washed all the laundry and couch blankets.  washing baby toys and lysol'ing door handles.  hubby and i haven't been eating so at least i don't have to clean up the kitchen.  
  • thanks @hejo2016. having a sick baby isn't great - keep trying to remind myself it's good for her immune system.  she's still in a good mood fortunately no crying and a few little smiles.  just sleepy this evening and hasn't thrown up since this afternoon.  
  • Dylan has been congested for like three weeks it seems like and for a few days he had a cough and I debated taking him to the doctor but he was eating and happy for the most part. During the days that he had a cough his voice was so hoarse it broke my heart when he would cry it was so pathetic sounding. Luckily he finally seems to be on the upswing and doesn't sound as congested anymore I'm just ready for winter time to be over
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm over all this up and down with this weather we are having. In the teens over the weekend and now it is 40s with rain and wind. Bipolar mother nature.
  • I'm with you, @jenkar01 the weather is crazy.  I'm in Virginia Beach area and past four days we were shut down with snow and ice.  (shut down because there are not enough plows / salt trucks).  high will be almost 60 today.  
  • It is suppose to be in the 50s and sunny today then drop in temp and rain tomorrow then abck down to 20s by the weekend. Very weird winter here in northern Indiana.
  • Am I the only one that has a baby that did not appreciate being swaddled?? I swear this baby is gonna have me gray way before I should. But i just love his little butt soooooo much!!
  • @jennlynn777 we stopped swaddling at 2 months because he hated it and would just fight the swaddle all night. I think it did help us when it came to sleep training because he already was on his way to learning how to self soothe at night by sucking his hands. Also, now that he's rolling I don't need to worry about transitioning him out of a swaddle so that's a plus. 
  • At times I wish we didn't swaddle because I'm dreading having to stop it ...but i know for his development (At least that's what I read ) we probably should sometime in the next few months. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We stopped swaddeling early on too because she always fought to get her hands out. She was a little Houdini! Loves sucking on her hands. I didn't worry about it because she has always been a good sleeper. We would use it on a super fussy night and just have to put one of the swaddelers with Velcro over top and then she couldn't get out of it.
  • Bumping from my post-op chair... got my Fallopian tubes taken out this morning. The baby factory is now closed and will not be making any future deliveries.

I was told i  don't even have to dump my milk. But I am going to toss the first pump just to be safe anyway.  Recovery is 2 weeks off work and 4 weeks light activity. 
  • @jensou hope you have a speedy recovery!

Anyone have their kid in daycare part time?  I am lucky that my job has allowed me to come back part time, but I'm nervous that he might be a little thrown off all the time since the routine/schedule between him being in daycare, home with me, and weekend is going to be different. I'm concerned about consistency. 
  • Xavier is watched by grandparents 3-4 days during the week then with me and dad the other days. He seems to follow the routine he has with them even with me so it has worked out nicely. Not sure if the same will be for your situation. Hope it is.
  • @jensou hope you feel ok! 
    My LO is in daycare 3 days, sometimes I wonder if it affects her week, others she seems unfased...
  • Thanks! I have to carry baby really high or else she kicks my belly which is quite painful. Just laid her down for a nap and took some Tylenol. Going to relax for as long as she lets me 
  • @jensou I hope your feeling better! I think Dylan is starting to teeth. He has been so cranky today and had a low grade fever. He is wanting to chew on anything in site. I felt so bad for him. K tried to give him some Tylenol and he threw that plus a decent amount of milk up :-( 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So Xavier hates sleeping in crib portion of his pack 'n play. We put him in at bedtime and he'll sleep for maybe an hour or two if in good sleep then start crying. So for us to get any semblance of sleep he has been sleeping on one of us. Not an ideal situation and we never really sleep when we do that. He loved his bassinet, he just got too long for it. He is four months old so I wonder if that has something to do with it as well. Last night he slept on our body pillow in between us and we all got a bit more sleep than ever and he went almost 8 hrs between feedings. Any tricks or suggestions?
  • drabong88drabong88 member
    edited January 2017
    @jenkar01 maybe a rock n play would be bigger Than his bassinet ?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well we didn't let him sleep with us last night. We just got up and rocked him for a few minutes when he would wake up which was a few times but we managed. We also found that he naps great on his side so we tried that last night and it seemed to help. It may be a rough few nights but we will get him use to it.
  • Anyone feeding food yet? At our 4 month appointment my doctor said no food until he is a minimum of 6 months and then we will discuss it. Her reasoning is that physiologically he is not ready because he can't sit up unassisted yet and the digestive system is not fully mature until around 6 months, it prevents obesity, and food isn't nutritionally necessary until one year. 

I know about 10 people with babies within a month of my son's age and all of them are starting solids.  I'm going to do what she says because I trust her and our doctors office is generally up on the latest research, but I am wondering if anyone else's doctor said anything similar?
  • Laraeq said:
    Anyone feeding food yet? At our 4 month appointment my doctor said no food until he is a minimum of 6 months and then we will discuss it. Her reasoning is that physiologically he is not ready because he can't sit up unassisted yet and the digestive system is not fully mature until around 6 months, it prevents obesity, and food isn't nutritionally necessary until one year. 

I know about 10 people with babies within a month of my son's age and all of them are starting solids.  I'm going to do what she says because I trust her and our doctors office is generally up on the latest research, but I am wondering if anyone else's doctor said anything similar?
    Waiting until 6 mo as well. We did the same with my other two and honestly they aren't even that interested at 6mo. We started with avocado and sweet potato, skipped the rice cereal. 9mo seems like when they actually got interested.