VBAC hopefuls? — The Bump
July 2017 Moms

VBAC hopefuls?

I know it's a little early for this but just wondering how many other VBAC hopefuls are here. Maybe we could resurrect this thread towards the end and find out how our babies decided to be born :)
BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
BFP November 2016 - pending...



SaphireSweetie88JAM85

Re: VBAC hopefuls?

  • I am a VBAC hopeful! My dr is very pro VBAC if you are a good candidate for it, so I'm hoping it will be an option for me!

    Me: 33 DH: 33

    Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

    yellow1daisySaphireSweetie88bumpybumpJAM85
  • Loading the player...
  • I wanted to be but I was told I would have to go to Houston and that's two hours away. It would also be a VBA2C. 
    SaphireSweetie88
  • Loading the player...
  • I am! Doctor just told me yesterday I'm a good candidate for it. I'm super relieved!
    SaphireSweetie88yellow1daisy
  • I'm sorry @ashaw512 that's disappointing. 2 hour drive is a little risky I wouldn't do it either unless I was prepared to stay in that city for a few weeks leading up to the due date. Which is like impossible with kids. 

    @PurplePoppy424 I also found out yesterday that I'm a good candidate! I wasn't sure because my c section was a very dire emergency and I wasn't sure what kind of incision they did. If it was vertical, like my midwife said it tends to be in an emergency like that, then it would have been a no dice. Thankfully she got the operative report yesterday and it wasn't! 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...



    PurplePoppy424SaphireSweetie88ashaw512
  • I'm hoping for a VBAC. I made it very clear at my first appointment that it's important to me. However, I don't want to be induced again. So I will either go into labor naturally or have a scheduled c-section at 41w3d. (The latest they would agree to schedule). I think that being induced continued to needed a csection last time, so I want to avoid that, plus it was miserable. I would rather a scheduled c-section so I can try to be awake for this birth and reduce after complications.
    yellow1daisyJAM85
  • My first was an er csection, I was hopeful for a VBAC with #2, but no luck. I asked my dr if we could try again, and he let me know I'm not a good candidate. Seriously so bummed by this... keeping my fingers crossed for all you mamas that are VBAC hopefuls! 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

    image
    image

    my happy boy

    yellow1daisyJAM85
  • I am definitely hoping for a vbac!!!  My son was surprise breech which was discovered after 19 hours of contractions 2 mins apart and 0 progress!  It was awful.  I had an easy recovery last time but really hated how my c section went down.  I have a 14m old currently and would sure love to not have restrictions with him afterwards.  My Dr is probably vbac but I think I'll be heading to the city and delivering with my high risk team.  I'll be talking more to them further along to make sure they are on board as well!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

    yellow1daisyJAM85
  • I'm torn. Most of me is hoping for a VBAC. But I had such a tramatic labor then ended with an emergency c-section  ane a horrible recovery. Everything about it freaks me out now. Hopefully thinga go smoother this time around!
    yellow1daisybumpybumpJAM85
  • @PurplePoppy424 sounds like you've done all you can to improve your chances, fingers crossed for us both!

    @MrsN092714 I have a 16 month old and she's also a motivating factor in trying for a VBAC. I'd really like to be as mobile as possible as soon as possible. Hope your high risk team is on board--let us know!

    @JmU Duuuukes 07 - my midwife actually told me that they won't induce at all for a VBAC. If I don't go into labor naturally on my own by 41 weeks, then I have to have a scheduled c section. But she didn't think that would happen since it's not my first baby and although I never really labored, my water did break on its own at 37 weeks with my daughter. The cord prolapsed right after my water broke at home so I was rushed into the OR pretty much as soon as I arrived at the hospital. I wasn't awake for any of it either and that really bums me out. Didn't even see my daughter until 12 or so hours after she was born. 

    @emilyk713 I hope your labor goes better this time around <3
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...



    MrsN092714PurplePoppy424
  • JAM85JAM85 member
    edited December 2016
    Yes- me!!! I am a good candidate as my labor did start on its own but she was known breech so had to have a c section. No complications. I want one so bad!! It's a wait and see to see if this one will cooperate with their head position and of course all the other things in between. Plus they do not induce for VBACs so I have until 41 weeks if I am approved to TOLAC. It is also why I chose my midwife and OBs combo practice. Labor started at 38weeks exactly last time though so I have a good shot of going before 41! I am also high risk due to Lupus (which is well maintained and I have no issues with really) by I have twice weekly scans towards the end so we always know what baby is up to. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lurking on this thread. I wanted a vbac (still do) but my second was stubborn and there were zero signs of labor even after 41 weeks. I'm asking about a vba2c but I don't think the hospital allows it and I also think my doctor will laugh at me for asking lol. He's a little old school, but I love him and I'd never leave him. I will say my second c/s recovery wasn't bad at all even with a 2 yo at home so that makes me feel better. Good luck ladies!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sending you VBAC ladies all the positive juju and prayers I can! Unfortunately I'm not a good candidate this time since I have had two c-sections. I tried for my vbac last pregnancy and don't regret a thing. You'll be proud of yourself not matter how your babies decide to come! 
    PurplePoppy424bumpybumpRunRestRepeatashaw512
  • I'm hopeful and will talk to the dr about it Wed. My last pregnancy I had a c-section 6.5 weeks early after my water broke and my twins were breech and transverse and I had mild pre-eclampsia. I'm hoping to avoid all of that this time around, but I don't know tre likelihood of developing pre-eclampsia again....I think I'll be happiest to avoid the helicopter and NICU and if my husband can be with me :)
  • I am a hopeful VBAC, my first c-section was due to breech twins. My water broke and I got to 5cm before the c-section was preformed. I am told I am a good candidate but my current OB delivers at a hospital that doesn't allow them so I need to switch OB's. He is very supportive if I decide to go that route and as of right now that is what I want, he will refer me to another OB that can perform a VBAC. I am not in love with the hospital we would have to go to but I do think it is worth it to try! 

    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

  • I switched OBs, and will meet with my new doctor on the 18th, but previous doc was pretty set on another c-section. Said my pelvis is abnormally small. So there is still a glimmer of hope, but I have a feeling its about to be snuffed out. 43 hour labor, baby's heartrate dropping with each contraction and only reaching 4cm, yeah, I am not super hopeful. But hey, miracles happen, right?
  • I'm a scheduled rcs and honestly I'm very relieved about it. I'm not a candidate for a VBAC because this will be my 3rd and my last baby I labored with no progress and then ended up with a placental abruption that was hell. I promised my husband we'd never go through that again, he was a wreck seeing me in so much pain and not able to do anything about it. I hope everyone here has a wonderful VBAC experience! 

    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

    Married: 05/26/2012

    DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

    Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

    DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

    BFP #4: 11/15/2016

    EDD: 7/27/2017



    ashaw512 neludelu
  • Me! I had a super bizarre complication I had never even heard of and ended up having a crash C-section and had to be put under general. Although I want a VBAC, my ultimate goal this time around is to simply be conscious for this kid and for my husband to be able to be in the room. 

    I was told I am a good candidate for VBAC though, so I am hopeful but we'll see! 
  • Me! Definitely me! I do NOT want another c-section, so I'm really gunning for a VBAC. Hopefully, my new doctor will be on board. I'll know more tomorrow!
  • @egm2015 wow sounds like you had quite the experience the last time around. Hope it goes more smoothly for you this time. Hope your doctor is on board. 
    @staceyh056 hope the hospital turns out better than your expecting. Your current OB sounds awesome what a bummer he can't be the one to help you through it. 
    @CarsonsMommy  definitely fight for it if you can find an OB willing to give it a go with you. If it's what you want, then definitely worth it to try. But I think if an OB really sat me down and told me a vaginal birth is very unlikely for me I would probably cave and schedule a section. I'm terrified to be in another emergency situation. 

    @cssme13  placental abruption is like my absolute nightmare. *TW* I know someone who had an abruption and ended up losing their baby. In her next pregnancy she demanded to be kept in the hospital well before going into labor because she was (rightfully) afraid. I definitely think there's something freeing about just scheduling a section and not fiddling around with the unknown. And if I end up with another section I probably wouldn't try for a vba2c. 

    Best of luck @jfletcher3113!

    Good luck and let us know what your doc says @DarkSerendipity !

    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...



    DarkSerendipityjfletcher3113
  • I'm also hoping for a vbac although I am not a good candidate. With my son I was in labor for 48 hours, contractions started 2-3 minutes apart. I was trying for a water birth so I went all natural for 36 hours. I was only 6cm and my midwife told me that getting in the tub would prolong labor so I would never get my water birth. Needless to say I ended up with the epidural, they broke my water, and started pitocin. My cervix started to swell, I got a fever and my heart rate and my sons were elevated. Since my kids will be 12 months apart they don't recommend a vbac because of the risk of rupture but said I could try if I want. We're giving birth in a hospital so I'm going to try! 
    yellow1daisy
  • Me too! Meeting with my doctor in a few weeks to confirm that I'm a good candidate. Good luck everyone!!
    yellow1daisy
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards