Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTF Wednesday

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    @LuND we have something like this for our LO.  Works decent when installed correctly lol! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lundlund member
    edited December 2016
    @ChefRamsay I don't think we can latch it to the drawer above, but I like the idea of adding hot sauce or something really unpalatable to the trash. Although, now that he's had some serious positive reinforcement from getting into the trash and having it be full of goodies a few times, I'm not sure if that will be enough. DH and I thought we just weren't closing the drawer/cabinet all of the way, and today was the first time I realized how much effort he's putting into getting into it. 

@mispanda thank you! I think I'll grab some of those as well as the magnetic ones when I go to the store. My only concern about the type that you posted is that I could see him getting his nose or paw in the gap and then having enough leverage to pry it open. But, like I said I'll buy both and give both a try. Luckily neither option is expensive. 
  • Options
    @LuND They also have magnetic locks that you need a 'key' to get into. I've never used this kind but it might be worth looking into. 

https://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4449511
    **TW**
    Me: 30  DH:30
    Together 2003, Married 2011
    DD: July 2005
    BFP: 4/10/16, MC: 5/20/16
    BFP: 1/10/17, DD2: Sep 2017

TTGP Dec '16 siggy challenge winner!

• Options
    @LuND yea my LO has figured out she can get her arm in but hasn't figured out you have to push down on the lever thing to get it out.  I wouldn't put it past a dog to figure it out!
  • Options
    @LuND I have not tried this kind but I hear good things about them.  I was positive my DS would figure them out but I don't think my dog would.  plus if you attached one part to the drawer above it even if he got it open he would have to figure out how to get in there because the drawer above would also open.
  • Options
    @Kiki75 it's something to consider, but he's surprisingly stealthy about it. He's never attempted it when we've been in the house. I'll definitely try the bitter apple though! 

And I commend you for your diligent TTC behavior while away for the holidays! At least you didn't leave a full pee cup on the counter or something  :D (I've totally never done that btw.......except I have)

@jillibean0871 that's a good idea! Luckily none of this stuff is very expensive, so I'll probably buy a few different options to try. Hopefully my damn dog doesn't die from whatever he finds in our trash before we figure out how to keep him out of it lol
  • Options
    @LuND I don't know what kind of dog you have, but rest assured most are fairly resilient.  We have a Beagle who is a menice and has made trips to the ER vet for eating a needle, sudafed from the pharmacist, a toad and has also ingested about 20 pacifiers and multiple rocks!  He's alive and well and still menicing as we speak! 
  • Options
    @adirat By 3 I had a much better understanding. But at the same time, I still would hate to just disappear. And it makes me sad when I'm lurking BMBs and see someone who I know and liked and would have wanted to celebrate who didn't feel comfortable posting. The only ones I really get irritated with are the ones who don't even do a full cycle and show up in TWW or throw in some tactless verbiage like the 'what I did to get so lucky' girl.

About dogs eating crap they shouldn't, ask your vet what they recommend for immediate action. For bones and crap like that you don't want to make them barf but for things like raisins, chocolate, and onions some vets will recommend you give them hydrogen peroxide to make them puke. So it's best to have a plan before it happens. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2016
    WTF to my body. After a few hours of very moderate biking, my body aches. My knees, neck, shoulders and especially crotch/butt (from the seat) all hurt so bad. 

Ugh. I am learning my body does not rebound as well in my late 20s as it did in my early 20s. 
  • Options
    @ChefRamsay
    Don't feel too bad!  I'm still cringing remembering my past remarks or even my past thoughts.  I'll totally admit that at first, I didn't understand why there was a rule to not ask "am I pregnant" randomly on BP.  facepalm.
    Me: 35, DH: 35
    Married: 2012
    TTC Since September 2016
  • Options
    @dragonfly87
    It gets better...and worse...and better. There are tough days and good days.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2016
    @kiki75 thanks. Ya, yesterday wasn't a good day. I wanted to bring myself to test this morning, but couldn't do it. I have anxiety about potential disappointment and I don't feel ready for it.