July 2017 Moms

Babymoon

124»

Re: Babymoon

• All booked for Hawaii!  34 days!
  • @Itsnotyourturn that's amazing! We are dying to go back. We will go for our 10 year anniversary in 2.5 more years.

We head to Palm Springs, CA on Saturday. Hoping all the incoming snow doesn't impact our flights!
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sigh. I was on Groupon actually looking for something to do for V-day but I saw a bunch of getaway deals..... and it all feels pointless. I can't go rock climbing, I can't do indoor water parks, I can't properly use a hot tub. I can go hiking, but I probably can't take super long ones, and I shouldn't take super trecherous ones. I actually found a nice one with an in room fire place and some in room pools/hot tubs (which we could always just make not super hot and not turn the jets on) so I'm going to bring it up to my husband, but it almost feels pointless. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @kerils, I feel your pain.  If I could I would babymoon at Universal Studios or Disneyland, but like you said, pointless.

@Creedon778, FX that your flights are not effected by weather.  Have a great time!
  • @kerils please share the in room indoor warm pools please!
  • @BusyZee Lol it's the Pocono Palace Resort in the Poconos in Pennsylvania. I don't where you are, but the Poconos is a HUGE resort area over here. This particular resort is part of a chain of three, and the all inclusive package gets you access to all three. I'm not sure how close they are together, but I bet it isn't far. The Poconos is only so big before you either hit NJ or nothing but trees. 

https://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-bk-pocono-palace-resort-29
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @kerils yesss that's the same Place H wants to go to aswell but I keep laying it off, Im not too far I'm in Va. have you been? How's the food lol

thanks for the link 
  • @BusyZee I have not been, so I'm not sure. The food looks good for omnivores, I'm going to have to call them to see if they have veg options. It didn't look like it from what I could find, but they didn't have a ton of info online. Here's their website for the three resorts: https://www.covepoconoresorts.com/activities-dining/spa/

The Groupon deal makes it actually pretty affordable, even though it's not a massive discount. But it's only good for 4 days! I'm not sure I can convince DH that fast lol. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • We're going to the Sandpearl resort in Clearwater FL in March. Gorgeous beach, can't wait! My OB is 100% ok with Florida gulf coast and Orlando (where we'll spend a few days afterward with my parents and go to Disney's Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios which are very pregnancy-friendly). Zika travel advisory is only for Miami-Dade county and we'll be 300 miles away so she said nothing to worry about at all!
  • Our babymoon/10th anniversary plans got put on hold due to placenta previa - so we may just go for a quick nearby jaunt, or wait until next year for something more exciting. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • @ThePecks, I'm sorry to hear that.  FX it resolves quickly.
  • ThePecks said:
    Our babymoon/10th anniversary plans got put on hold due to placenta previa - so we may just go for a quick nearby jaunt, or wait until next year for something more exciting. 
    When you go next time itl be worth it, that what I keep telling myself. I can't go right now either for different reasons so I feel ya.