December 2016 Moms

Moms with Toddlers - 12.26.16

How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week? 

How is your toddler adjusting to the new LO thus far (if applicable)?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Anything you want to add/share?:

Bonus question: What's 1 thing you're going to do for yourself for self-care this week? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Moms with Toddlers - 12.26.16

• How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week? 
    Doing fairly well, mostly thanks to my incredible husband. I try to carve out 1:1 time just for my and my 2yo but it's hard, especially with EP'ing... struggling with guilt of not having more time for him

He's doing great!! Occasionally he'll ask me not to go pump or to put the baby down to go play with him but he's very sweet with her and I really cannot complain at all

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Bonus question: What's 1 thing you're going to do for yourself for self-care this week? 
    Excellent question. I'm going to try to do more basic things.... nap, take an uninterrupted shower, go for a walk. I'd love to get out of the house and see friends...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week? 
    I've been really trying. My instinct with a newborn is to have her with me all the time and it's been hard for me to give my time and attention to DS too but I have been.
    SO WELL. He seems to really like baby. He is doing great.
    Rants/Raves/Questions:

naaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppp
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Loading the player...
    not well. Baby only naps being held. Toddler is behaving like junk. One or both is always crying. So am I. My house is a wreck. I'm barely hanging on. 

Terribly 80% of the time. She's a whiny mess who must always be held by daddy or given his undivided attention. She's angry. She hits, scratches, kicks us. She was not like this at all before. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I have guilt that I'm kinda tired of my toddler. I know it's just her behavior and not her I'm tired of, but omg it's so bad.

just waiting for it to get better! We have looked up and tried so many different strategies to deal with dd1s behavior. Things seem to work once then she out smarts the damn system. 

I would love a nap. Or a shower. Or to eat a hot meal. Right now when I try those things one kid is crying and one is screaming and of course DH always gets the hot meal while I hold the baby. I watched everyone eat Christmas dinner then ate a cold plate. 

DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

Im a wreck. We are still at the hospital and DD1 is still sick. H went to visit with her this evening and I know it helped a ton but I wish I could have been there for her, too. I feel like everyone is stressed out because she hasn't been feeling well so I'm feeling all the mom guilt over that. We've facetimed a few times and she just looks sad and not pleased with me. 

We will find out very soon! 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

it will feel real, right? I love little Willa I know I do... but everything feels so different this time around especially when my first baby girl is home just wanting some Momma snugs. I feel like I don't fully know this new baby yet so it's been difficult to truly connect. That changes, right??

SLEEP. 

Eh. E is doing prettt good. She sleeps like a champ, but her 'I'm awake, and need attention' moments always come when L needs something also.

I knew I loved him before, but watching him with E just makes me have all the happy momma feels and cries. Christmas Eve, he wouldn't go to sleep unless he was holding her. So that was adorable. Today at the sitters apparently he grabbed the sitters hand and dragged her to E when E began to fuss.

Rants/Raves/Questions:

I am losing it when H isn't home or awake. He is working so hard, and it makes him happy, but I am not handling being 1 on 2 for all but 3 hrs a day(H sleeps the sleep of the dead).

I got to introduce E to her main day care lady today. They seemed to like each other, for the whole 5 min encounter in Walmart.

Bonus question: What's 1 thing you're going to do for yourself for self-care this week? This afternoon I got H to go see SING with me. We dropped the kids with a trusted sitter, and had some adult time. Cute movie, lots of snuggles, and I got all of the good theatre popcorn I wanted.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well.