Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Intro

Hi everyone,

I have been relatively active on the July 17 board, but unfortunately it ended in a loss at 9 weeks yesterday.

I woke up and had a bit of spotting when I wiped, but wasn't too concerned since I had spotting early on (around 6 weeks but found a healthy baby on the ultrasound).

I put on a pad to monitor it and went about my morning. I squatted down to help my son open a present and felt a gush. I immediately went to the bathroom and found my pad soaked through and started cramping. 

DH and I dropped our son off at my mom's house and headed to the ER. We spent 4.5 hours there, saw I had an empty uterus on the ultrasound and I was able to pass everything naturally.

My family is already saying I can try again soon, but how do you know when you're ready? Yesterday was devastating, and even though we do want another child, I'm nowhere near ready. Maybe someday...

Thank you for listening to (reading?) my story. 

Re: Intro

• Options
    Oh so sorry. Was on the July board up until thanksgiving at around 8 weeks.
     If you aren't ready then don't start trying again. I am back on birth control and me and dh are planning to try next fall. Take as much time as you need. 
    I would also check with your ob to see what S/he recommends too. Also if you are planning on taking the pill then the ob will want your hcg levels to be low enough, for me it was 2 weeks after. 
  • Options
    @rklinge0 I'm sorry for your loss as well. I put in a call to my ob, but they weren't in the office today. I'll call again tomorrow and get in to talk to her about where to go from here. DH and I have talked about it and we both agree we need time, at least a couple of months, maybe summer time. I guess we'll know when we get there. Thank you very much for your advice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I was also on the July board but had a mmc and d&c on 12/2 at 9w3d. We had previously seen a strong heartbeat so it was very shocking and devastating. I've heard you're more fertile after a natural miscarriage and can try again right away. Due to the d&c, my doctor advised us to wait one cycle. I think it's still too new for you but give it some time and you will start to feel a little bit better about trying again. I was adamant early on afterward that I wouldn't want to try again, and now 4 weeks later, my husband and I are anxious to begin. This was our first pregnancy. I'm so sorry you're going through this but you'll know when the time is right.
  • Options
    Thank you for your response @Amanda1443994  I'm sorry for your loss as well. We also got to see the baby's strong heartbeat, so we were really shocked when this started happening. I agree it is way too early for us to try again. Physically healing shouldn't be too bad, emotionally, I'm on a rollercoaster: one minute I'm ok and accepting it, and the next I'm crying because it's so unfair. Ugh this is hard!

When I get the ok from the ob, I'm getting a gym membership. Working out has helped with depression in the past, so I think it will help this time.

Good luck to you and your H when you do start ttc again!
  • Options
    Oh @pumpkin0913 that's exactly what I did was continue to work out running is my big stress reliever. 
    Emotionally I have more good than bad but there was a slip up during the holidays. 
  • Options
    @rklinge0 I'm sorry the holidays were tough for you. My loss was on Christmas day, so I'm sure I'll have a hard time next year.

I'm glad to hear running has worked for you, I've been trying to keep myself busy, today I baked banana bread and pumpkin bread. I need something else to distract myself or I'll be 500 pounds with all this baking :wink: