August 2017 Moms
Options

Merry Christmas Feelings/Thoughts

Merry Christmas!! 

Today is the big day for baby reveal for some and some may have revealed baby yesterday! How are you feeling? How did it go when you told family/friends? Also, isn't it amazing to think this time next year we will celebrate baby's first Christmas? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Merry Christmas Feelings/Thoughts

• Options
    Today I actually feel great with 9 hours sleep.  The night before I only had like 2 hours and was so tired yesterday at my moms house.  Friday before going to MILs we had DD open an early xmas gift which was a big sister tshirt. Once it sunk in her head she started bawling with happiness.  She wore it to MILs house - it took them awhile to see it but the other kids saw it right away.  Last night she wore it to my moms house.  I had to tell my mom to look at her shirt.  My mom said she knew I was by the way I was acting.  This afternoon we will FaceTime FIL and have her wear it.  This has been such a blessing to us and having it happen in December was awesome.  what a great xmas gift!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Merry Christmas!! We did our reveal a few days ago with DH's side, it went great. My side will be on New Year's Eve :) Lots of happy tears! I keep thinking of all these great traditions that LO will be around for next year- it still doesn't feel real! Also love seeing all the cute baby xmas outfits on facebook.. too adorable 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited December 2016
    It is super exciting to think that (hopefully) we will be celebrating baby's first Christmas next year. Last night MIL and FIL almost let it slip a few times in front of SIL3. My aunt and uncle also showed up to the same church service and my aunt said something about how I "might have twins" to her daughter. I just kind of shrugged it off and they had to go back to their pew anyway. So this morning I texted my sisters and asked if they had told another uncle (who is a blabbermouth) and they said no. Maybe it was just a coincidence then that the aunt said something. Then I asked if everyone kept quiet to my nieces (12, 10, and 5). My 4th sister said she was talking to my 3rd sister on speakerphone when the kids came in the room and now they know. Number 1 - I didn't want them to know yet in case of MC and number 2 - I wanted to tell them myself. I told her she'd better hope nothing happens because I don't want to have to tell young kids (who aren't siblings) about what a miscarriage is if it's early on. Then she got all offended because she did have a MC when she was 22 and told the kids because she is immature with a total case of TMI and likes to act like the kids are her friends since they live together. I'm annoyed with myself for thinking I could trust people with secrets. I expect telling the rest of DH's side to go much better today. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I totally feel you on keeping this secret.. my FIL almost posted something on facebook yesterday that would have spilled the beans to everyone. I feel like I'm sitting on a time bomb trying to keep this under wraps. And to think we have until February before it's "safe" to announce to everyone else! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I'm sorry your family let your secret slip :( I totally and completely feel your frustration. 

I slipped and told my MIL over the phone last week because I called her crying because H lost his job and I was super stressed about loosing insurance and the costs of a new baby. I asked her not to tell anybody, but she calls this morning and admits she told all of that side of the family already. We were waiting till Feb to announce at DS's birthday party. I don't know why people feel it's their news to announce and share! So I was upset about it and looking for comfort this morning..but instead all that happened was cause a HUGE fight between H and I..him telling me it's stupid, to get over it, all of our problems are entirely my fault, etc. And pregnancy hormones are raging..so I spent half the day sobbing. 
    On another note, DS had a great 1st Christmas and I'm thankful for that. 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    It was super fun to tell family, but I'm already stressing about my mom.She is already planning her time off from work around my due date and I haven't even decided when I want her to be there. We have a rough relationship...

She also said "Be really careful because it's so early. You don't want to miscarry your first one." :neutral: a) yeah, I'm already worried because it's early and my first and I'm nervous. b) doctors often have no idea what causes miscarriages, but now I feel like she'd blame me if it happened... ugh.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is my second and we announced this weekend. Our 1st son is 11 months old. Everyone was excited but my MIL was like 'again?'. Then asked who was gonna keep them...(she usually does 2 days a week). My husband said it was sarcasm but I don't know...
  • Options
    @flowerintherain I'm sorry to hear you're going through all of that. I'll be crossing my finger things get better for you!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    I wonder if my SIL noticed I wasn't drinking any of her Sangria since I'm a huge fan. 
  • Options
    We told my in laws a week ago, and we told my cousin, parents, grandparents, and my brother 12/23.  It went well and everyone seemed excited.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Well, my sisters letting it slip to my 12 year old niece made her tell the 10 year old and 5 year old, who told my blabbermouth uncle. Now I get to tell everyone else way earlier than I wanted at my aunt's funeral on Wednesday before he gets to them. Next time I get pregnant I am hiding it like forever.

• Options
    I'm sorry,@nytino24. That's really shitty of your sister and uncle. I get that it's exciting news, but it's YOUR news, not theirs. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'm happy to hear that some of your reveals went as planned! My family was split into freaking excited and kinda of upset at us (aka future MIL) 

@NYTino24 I am so sorry to hear that, know that we are super pumped for you! I know we didn't talk much on TTC but I was so excited for you :) as were so many other ladies! 

@TRA0816 Omgosh how annoying! MIL can be so rude sometimes! 

@akwr I am so sorry! I'm sure you can let your mom know gently what you decide and if she wants to throw a fit about your decision, let her be! You have enough on your plate:) and I'm sorry you took it that way! I hope she didn't mean anything by what she said! She may just be a cautious person? 

@flowerintherain I am so sorry! I wish you the best! Have you looked into programs that can help you for now until you guys become financially stable? 
    Pregnancy Ticker