August 2017 Moms

LowER HCG and progesterone :( advice

I've had 3 ectopics and 1 miscarriage & my miracle baby in August 2015 <3. This is the first month in a long time we weren't trying to conceive and I got my BFP Sunday on the day AF was due. Monday, 4 + 1 HCG 130, progesterone 13.3. Thursday HCG more than doubled to 434 but still low for 4 + 4 right? Any advice/hope/or some harsh reality is welcomed!! Thank you ladies!! 

Re: LowER HCG and progesterone :( advice

• I was 3 weeks 6 days and my hcg was only 78.5. Never got it checked again after that but I had my ultrasound at 7 weeks and baby was fine. 
  • I think the hCG sounds great!! I went in at 4 weeks and drew 190 and then the recheck at 4 + 2 was 448. So I think your hCG sounds awesome! My progesterone was much higher at 36 but I had taken a suppository for 2 nights prior So they thought that may have contributed to the high number. They told me I didn't need the suppositories going forward. I had a loss in October (when they prescribed the progesterone initially) and my hCG never got over 75 and the progesterone was at 8.5, if you want a reference point. 

So your betas sound awesome. But they may want you on progesterone til the second tri with a level in the teens. Depending on your doc. 

Good luck mama!
  • Loading the player...
  • Your betas sound great! Remember there is a massive variance of "normal" with betas and they change so quickly that if you had them drawn even 12 hours later they may have jumped again. As long as they are going up at least 60% in 3 days i wouldnt worry about what the actual number is 
  • I think the HCG sounds great. I wouldn't be surprised if they put you on progesterone though. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies that helps a lot!!! I started progesterone suppositories today!! So keeping my fingers crossed. I get another HCG Sunday, but I assume with the holiday I won't have results until Tuesday :(