December 2016 Moms

Ticker Change Friday 12/23

And I'm back! Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

How far along are you (OR how old is baby)? 

How big is baby? 

How are you feeling?

What's going on this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
Married 4/12/13
Anniversary
TTC since 6/13
Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ticker Change Friday 12/23

• phoenix870509phoenix870509 member
    edited December 2016
    How far along are you (OR how old is baby)? 
    1 week old today.

How big is baby? 
    A little over 7lbs.

How are you feeling?
    Tired. Ben has major gas issues and screamed for a half hour last night. I've never felt so helpless in my life.

We are prepping to celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas. My in-laws are down and finally got to meet Ben yesterday. And his 2-week appointment is next Friday. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rant - I have an oversupply of milk. I have to pump because even though he's eaten I still feel full. Also, postpartum pooping sucks...1 week and I haven't had a decent movement and it HURTS! Even with the stool softeners. When does it get better?

Rave - I love watching DH be a daddy. He was born to do this. I also can't get over how precious Ben is and how much he looks like both of us.

Every year my Nana would make krumkake, a Norwegian cookie. Since she passed away my mom and I typically make them and fight over the kitchen rejects.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 1 - 3 glorious days
    2 - 6lb 10oz almost back to birth weight
    3 - tired and amazing. At this point my recovery has taken off. I'm in disbelief at how almost normal I feel. And I forgot how much heaven is in newborn snuggles.
    4 - appointments, low key Christmas, friend visits.
    5 - rave - life right now. My amazing baby girl. My loving supportive husband. My sweet vibrant toddler. My pup.
    rant - work looming. 
    6 - gingerbread or polverones 

@phoenix870509 milk usually comes in as over supply and then adjusts to baby's nursing patterns continually throughout the nursing relationship
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you (OR how old is baby)? 
    Kyler is 3 weeks today! Woohoo!

How big is baby? 
    He was weighed a few days ago and was 7lbs 8oz! Yay! He was stuck at 7lbs 0.5oz for so long I was super worried. I'm glad that my milk supply is increasing, I'm thankful that the technology is out there for producing good formula, and I'm overjoyed my baby is gaining weight.

How are you feeling?
    I'm tired. So tired. If I hear DH tell someone else that the baby is sleeping well and we're getting plenty of sleep one more time I might lose my sh*t. He gets a solid 8-9 hours every night; I haven't broken the 5-6 hours of non-consecutive sleep in the last two weeks since his parents moved into their VBRO. A nap would be marvelous right now.

Christmas craziness! Tons of family is coming into town. I'm hoping to take Kyler to see Santa. And I really want to make Christmas cookies...but sleep is more important.

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    When will my boobs stop hurting?! Lol. But really, I'm hoping to get DH to understand that I need a bit more sleep and his playing on his phone late at night in the bedroom is not helping my already sleep deprived body. Grrrr...

All of them. I love Christmas cookies and wish I could make iced suger cookies, chocolate crinkles, thumbprint cookies, ginger bread cookies, everything! I just want to bake.

40 weeks!

How big is baby?  A watermelon

How are you feeling?  Super crampy after having my membranes swept today.  My doctor is on call this weekend so we are hoping that he comes in the next few days. 

What's going on this week? Just bouncing on my exercise ball waiting for little dude to decide to come out!

Rants/Raves/Questions:  I've suddenly had a wave of "I can do this!" when it comes to labor and delivery so I'm hoping it lasts!

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas cookie?  I love all cookies/cakes/pies.  If I had to narrow it down I'd say thickly iced sugar cookies, or the peanut butter ones with the hershey's kiss!

• @Fauxpa I'm glad I'm not the only one left!

How far along are you (OR how old is baby)? 39

How big is baby? A flipping pumpkin

How are you feeling? Ready to not be pregnant

What's going on this week? Hopefully having this behbeh!

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas cookie? We have a family sugar cookie recipe that I love love love.

Pregnancy Ticker 

39 weeks  

How big is baby? 
    A pumpkin, or from my weight scan 3 weeks ago around 8 lbs

How are you feeling?
    Sore, tired, starving, ready to not be pregnant

small family gatherings, not much planned bc I'm hoping baby makes his appearance, otherwise work and an apt on Wednesday 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I'm so ready to not be pregnant. I feel like I am way behind on this board and by the time I join the feeding threads and all of that they will be dead because everyone will be pros!  I'm also very ready to eat carbs again!

I want all the cookies!  We have this recipe that is a chocolate cookie and then an Andes mint is melted on the top as like a frosting, I could eat about 100 of those right about now :)