Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Healthy pregnancy then multiple losses?

I tried to find a similar board before creating a new one without luck. 
I'm in search of stories - both the good and the bad. 

I was blessed with a healthy baby girl 18 months ago. Shortly after she was conceived, they determined by ultrasound that I have a bicornuate uterus. This means that I have a higher than average chance of miscarrying, or other complications during pregnancy. Since then, I have miscarried twice, with both subsequent pregnancies. In July, and last week. 

Does anyone have similar stories - bicornuate uterus or not - where you have a healthy pregnancy then multiple m/c? What happened next? Did you continue to m/c, or move on to a healthy pregnancy? 

I'm trying to get a grip on what situations I should expect when we start trying again after the 2mo healing period.

1 on earth, 2 in heaven watching over us.

Re: Healthy pregnancy then multiple losses?

• I don't have a bicornate uterus, but I'm recovering from a MC currently at what should have been 10weeks. I also had a healthy pregnancy last year, and have a one year old. I had 2 CPs prior to her, so I'm remaining hopeful that we'll be able to have another healthy pregnancy after this loss. 

Im sorry for your losses. Take care of yourself. I hope you get the answers you're looking for. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @babypi and sorry for your loss. I was with you in the July 2017 group. 
    Fingers crossed.

How long are you waiting before ttc again?

• Loading the player...
  • We've decided not to prevent this month and to start TTC in earnest again next month after AF. We are doing this with my OB's blessing. I'm just not emotionally ready to go back to preventing pregnancy right now, so we're taking our chances. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sounds like our OBs have similar mindsets. Mine told me not to worry about preventing, but to wait a month or to before actively TTC. At this rate it feels like it'll be a month or so before I stop bleeding anyway... 

• I hear ya. I bled moderate/heavy for 12 days and have still had some spotting for the last 3. It feels like it will never end. But I think the spotting is my cervix, it tends to be very sensitive (2-3 days spotting after paps). Since we're traveling I can't do serial beta draws to track hcg, so I've been POAS every few days. Got a negative yesterday, so maybe the bleeding will stop soon. :-/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hopefully. I haven't been doing any testing. I think if I POAS and got a + it would just make it that much harder next time around. I'll have an u/s at some point this week to confirm that the placenta has cleared. From there it's just a matter of time.....