December 2016 Moms

Weekly Appointments 12.19!

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments 12.19!

• @ea301 I'm glad you went in!  That's pretty crazy stuff!

Today was Harvey's one month appointment.  He's 7 lbs 11 oz!  For context when he went in 2.5 weeks ago he was 5 lbs 11 oz.  He's still in the 2 percentile but DH and I feel like he's huge haha!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Loading the player...
  • 39 week appointment was the most eventful so far.  Baby hasn't been moving much the last 24 hours so they referred me to the hospital for an NST.  My cervix is soft but closed and baby's head is way down.  Doctor also felt like my symptoms are good and showing good progress. NST was perfect, no concerns.  Although DH and I were actually a little disappointed after we had wrapped our minds around the idea of being induced and meeting this little guy.  Also showed I am having very minor contractions pretty regularly that I'm not feeling.  So maybe my body does have some idea what it is supposed to be doing!
  • 40 week appointment today. Membranes swept again. I'm 50% effaced and 2cm dilated on the outer portion of the cervix, but a strechy 4 on the inside. She said my body just needs to catch up. They are suppose to call to schedule NST for next week as well as an induction incase he doesn't come on his own. I'm been having cramping that is more contraction like than anything I've had before as well as really awful back pain since leaving her office.  Going to try and nap for a bit. Hoping things pick up and he's here in the next day or two.

@ea301Thats so scary. I'm so glad you pushed that something was wrong. Hopefully your recovery goes smoothly from here on out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Scarlett had her one month appointment today at 5 weeks. She weighed 8 pounds 2 oz. I was amazed because at her two week she was 6 pounds 3 oz. I'm always worried she's not getting enough to eat because I'm very visual and there's no way to know with breastfeeding so it's reassuring to know she clearly is.
  • Jeb had his 2 month checkup today and is up to 6lbs 12oz. Doctor was pleased with his progress and we are to just keep doing what we are doing. 
  • Official due date appointment.  I'm about 2 cm and almost 100% effaced.  She swept my membranes which I will say wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Definitely uncomfortable, but not too bad.  My doctor is on call this weekend so I'm hopeful that he wants to come sometime in the next couple of days.

• Holy moly @ea301Im so glad you got it checked out!!! That's horrible that they didn't figure that out at birth! Who was the bozo who took a look at your placenta after birth?  :# Ok, rant over... all that... I'm glad you stuck to your gut on it! 
    I had my appointment last Tuesday... at 39 weeks. My cervix checked out at nearly fully enfaced and a stretchy 1... which is impressive for me... I don't dialate before labor starts... midwife could touch baby through it. 
    Im just up, can't sleep, so figured I'd drop
    in here. 

Due December 27th with baby #7