Pregnant after IF
Options

Randoms - Week of December 19th

13»

Re: Randoms - Week of December 19th

• Options
    @AandDM2014 we haven't had a ton of snow in CO yet, but yes, it is scary. That's why my DH had me quit my job so early: he wanted me in the car as little as possible. I've lived in CO my whole life and know how to handle the snow and ice,  but the stress level is definitely different when your seat belt doesn't fit right and you have an extra passenger. I'm glad you got home safe in the rain!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AandDM2014AandDM2014 member
    edited December 2016
    @JWatt5 I'm so glad I'm not super pregnant during the summer! I have a hard enough time staying cool when the house is 68 and I have the door open to the low 60s weather. I can't imagine how hot I would be when we have the house at 74 and its like 100 outside!

@dragonfaerie Oh too right! I would normally not be stressed about driving in the rain, but it was so dark, most of the street lights were out making it even darker than it should have been, and the sheer amount of rain falling was making it a bit scary. DH was driving, and he was also thankful when we finally got home as he was super stressed too (didn't help that he wanted a podcast on, and the one he chose normal bothers me a bit but is much worse now). And I did keep trying to adjust my seat belt to make sure it was as tight as possible below my tummy but it was still nerve wracking! I hope you're safe every time you do have to go out!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AandDM2014 That would have been very scary! Sometimes I think driving at night in rain is worse than snow. Glad you guys stayed safe! 

@JWatt5 At first I thought it was going to be great being pregnant in summer, but now I'm starting to think it might be challenging. I'm usually freezing all winter and now I'm actually hot. Hopefully I'm able to deal with the summer heat.
  • Options
    @AandDM2014 @persnickity - it's good for driving. I think I'd rather be hot then worried everyday haha. I have an hour commute on a busy highway to work then have crappy country back roads to get the rest of the way home...I'm already counting down the days until winter driving it over!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    I'm with u @AandDM2014 driving in the rain here in so cal is awful and I cant imagine having to worry about snow. Sucks u had to drive in it last night, I'm glad u got home ok! Im also in la and every time it rains I see at least one accident on my to work and on my way back home. When it rained last week a suburban spun out 2 cars ahead of me and ended up facing on coming traffic, almost caused a multi car accident. It would have been scary normally, but wet so cal roads r definitely xtra scary when pregnant!
  • Options
    I'm in the southern hemisphere and looking forward to being heavily pregnant in winter. I really feel the cold and am looking forward to having a hot water bottle inside me! :)
  • Options
    @AandDM2014 - the snow just adds a lot of stress. Not only driving but just walking. We have already had a brutal start to this winter in West Michigan. My husband doesn't let me walk much outside without him as he is afraid I will fall walking from the car to the house. We have two 4 wheel drive vehicles which helps a bit with the stress but I'm sick of snow this year already and we have 3-4 more months of it. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017