Pregnant after IF

2nd Tri Check In Week of 12/19

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, please let me know and I will add you.

Mommies to be:
@AandDM2014 EDD 3/10/17 with 2 girls and 1 boy! 
@mrygoround EDD 3/28/17 with 1 girl! 
@pdbird EDD 3/28/17 with 1 boy!
@2legbaby EDD 4/6/17 with 1 girl!
@jenn6782 EDD 4/7/17 with 1 girl!
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 with 1 boy! 
@ale9687 EDD 4/11/17 with 1 boy!
@Knottie36622473 EDD 4/13/17 with 1 girl!
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/17 with 1 boy!
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17 with 1 bean!
@Happydays13 EDD 4/19/17 with 2 girls!
@ADRIANAC1982 EDD 4/28/17 with 1 boy!
@BornReady EDD 4/28/17 with 1 girl!
@Steff_99 EDD 4/30/17 with 1 bean!
@frustrated and ttc EDD 3/27/17 with 2 girls! 
@clt2pmw11 EDD 5/1/17 with 1 bean!
@flanenrs1 EDD 5/3/17 with maybe 1 girl!
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with 1 boy!
@cato99 EDD 5/9/17 with 1 girl!
@PNW12RN EDD 5/10/17 with 1 girl!
@kelrauh EDD 5/14/17 with 2 beans!
@alaaronson EDD 5/19/17 with 1 boy!
@chickyclg EDD 5/20/17 with 1 bean!
@marissy8 EDD 5/21/17 with 1 girl!
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/3/17 with 1 girl!
@MelD17011 EDD 6/8/17 with 1 boy!
@beckij34 EDD ??? with 1 bean!
@JaneJane EDD 6/14/17 with 2 beans!
@kdanjou EDD 6/19/17 with 1 bean!

QOTW: Do you have any fun plans for Christmas? Do you have any prep work you need to get done this week?
About us:
Me - 28, Lean PCOS
DH - 31
Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

Re: 2nd Tri Check In Week of 12/19

• Good Monday morning ladies! Last Monday before Christmas!! Woo!

Today I am 23+2 and my three littles are doing great, though at 4am this morning someone decided it was a good time to party and got their sibling involved. Fun times. I've mostly been feeling good this week, though I do get heartburn every day. Zantac has been a lifesaver! I don't have an appointments this week, but by the next time I go in I'll have reached viability week (though weight wise they are already viable)!

QOTW: We have a party each day starting Friday. We're bringing rolls and focaccia to Friday and pizza toppings for Saturday (yup, we're having pizza for Christmas Eve dinner this year!). Not sure yet about Sunday, but I'll be finding out today what the plans are. I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow and maybe Wednesday if I don't find everything I need to buy at Sprouts. Then Friday morning I'll start making bread dough!

I hope everyone has a lovely week!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Hi everyone, I've made it beyond half-way. 20
    weeks! Whoop!

With my incompetent cervix (what a beautiful name) my target is to get to 36/37 weeks when they will take out the Cerclage, so theoretically I'm beyond half-way, but it's still a milestone I feel... now the next big one is viability at 24 weeks. 

I just had my follow-up today and cervix is closed and long. Still no travel to Europe allowed, so looking to book lavish Christmas brunches in restaurants across the city. 

QOTW: can't prep much for Xmas because I'm not allowed to walk or stand around much. It's quite nice to not have any Xmas hassle- the advantage of being labelled a geriatric pregnancy with incompetent cervix (I should really be seriously offended at how they label my pregnancy, but it just makes me giggle!!) 

@AandDM2014 sounds like your 3 are super active! Glad to hear you're doing well! Pizza on Christmas Eve sounds lovely. I think you mentioned last week that you will be at viability on Christmas Eve? That's a great reason to celebrate! 

Have a great week everyone 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Loading the player...
  • Hey everyone! Today I'm 16+2 and my cold is finally letting up a little bit. I can't help but worry that my horrendous coughing is harming my baby, but I know realistically the baby is probably just fine. My next OB visit is next week, on the 29th and then I have my anatomy scan on Jan 5th. Even though I'm now 2nd trimester I still find myself getting such appointment anxiety, and I continue to worry that everything is okay. I love the days where I have symptoms and then I worry when they go away. I'm seriously looking forward to the end of May when my baby is here and I don't have to be pregnant anymore! Even though I would do it again in a heart beat, this whole process has been rough for me!

QOTW: Christmas Eve is also the first night of Hanukkah. We're having dinner at a close friend's house and I'll probably bring my menorah so that it can be a multi-denominational celebration. As for prep work, I'll be adding some ingredients for Hanukah recipes to my shopping list this week! Hanukah food is probably my favorite thing about the season. Once we have little ones though I know I'll be so excited to give them presents each night.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Hi all, 24 weeks tomorrow! No apt's for two more weeks. Indigestion set in bad the past day or so, candy canes seem to be helping though. 

Qotw: Christmas Eve is at my house, usually I do the 7 fishes but since I can't eat half of them and the other half don't sound appetizing I'm cutting it down to just dinner which luckily I don't prep. 

@aanddm2014 it sounds like your little 3 are already having fun together!
    @flanners1 so happy to hear of a good follow up apt for you!
    @wifeinraleigh28 are you making latkes? Those are my favorite, but I don't remember which holiday they go with. 
  • @ale9687 Yes, latkes are one of my favorite Hanukkah foods! The only problem is the house smells like them for days after I make them, which I don't love, haha. For some reason the frying/oil/potatoes just lingers in EVERYTHING. But I will still probably make them. I am also planning to make donuts (baked though, not fried), noodle kugel, rugelach, and brisket.

• @flanners1 yay for halfway!! I'm glad you can find the humor in your labels! And yup, I'll be 24 weeks on Christmas Eve!! We have a super low key CE this year, so I thought a make your own pizza bar would be fun!

@wifeinraleigh28 I still get worried! I think after trying so long and spending so much, we get a pass for our extra worries! How fun to celebrate both! I should have included the other holidays happening this week, naughty me! I don't think I've ever had any Hanukkah food but it sounds good!

@ale9687 what is "the 7 fishes"? I've never heard of that. Sounds like you're going to have an easy day! Yup, their either playing together or kicking each other, it's tough to say!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @wifeinraleigh28 that all sounds so good!

@aanddm2014 it's an Italian American tradition. No meat and you need to incorporate 7 different fishes through all the food. Usually I would get a cold seafood pasta that has about 4-5 different fishes to knock a lot out in one shot haha. It takes a lot of planning to make sure you have 7.  
  • Hello ladies, so happy to be in second tri with you all.  I am 14 weeks.  I had yoga class today and my round ligaments are really feeling it, but it's good to stretch.  I have had terrible hip/leg pain at night so maybe this will help.  My next appt isn't until Jan 4 and I am really anxious to hear the heartbeat again.  I can't wait to feel this baby moving so I know it's ok and I can stop worrying.  No real reason for my worry other than my anxious nature.

QOTW: Do you have any fun plans for Christmas? Do you have any prep work you need to get done this week?
    My parents are supposed to come over for xmas eve, and I'm planning that we will all go out for Chinese food since I don't feel like cooking a big meal.  Plus I love Chinese food and I don't get it very often so it's a good excuse.  I am going to make some kind of dessert, and of course cookies for Santa with my DD.  Then on xmas I'll cook a nice dinner just for us 3.  Not sure what it's going to be yet!  The day after xmas we will go to the inlaws for presents, etc.

MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @wifeinraleigh28 @kdanjou welcome to the 2nd trimester!

Been feeling the baby moving around A LOT lately. It's so wonderful! Was laying in bed on Saturday and actually saw my stomach move with baby's kicks. So nice to SEE baby is doing okay in there! Next appointment is my gestational diabetes test on Jan 6th. Ugh. NOT looking forward to that.

QOTW: Christmas in Waco with my family. We don't have much to do, other than get a couple of gifts for my immediate family members and my goddaughter! My aunt and uncle host Christmas Eve at their house... all 5 of my mom's siblings along with their kids. It's always a full house! Will be a little different this year as my grandmother passed away in May, so first Christmas without her. I'm hoping my pregnancy will overshadow the loss or at least put a positive spin on it - we lost a life, and then gained one! Just wish my grandmother could've met her great-grandchild!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • Hi ladies! Just got back form my last monthly OB appt. Now I go every two weeks. Ahhh! It's getting closer. I'm so excited. I'm 25+6 days (so tomorrow I'll be 26 weeks) and baby is measuring right on schedule, BPM was 140+ so everything is going smoothly. I'm still having the lingering cough from the 2 residual colds I have had since Nov. 11. OB wants me to see my Primary again to push for her to check into whooping cough as I'm now vomiting when I get into a coughing "fit". ANd of course, my primary is booked until Jan 6, so I'm seeing some random internal medicine doctor today. Fingers crossed they can resolve the cough I'm having. It's awful.

@AandDM2014 - My little guy decided to do the hokey pokey or the macarena at 5 AM the other morning and woke me up. I kept telling him "It isn't time to get up" and "It's still dark outside", but he didn't seem to care or listen. But I'm starting to make note of the times he does move around in the middle of the night and remembering that for when he comes out as I believe he will continue that pattern. I can only imagine what your 3 are doing. 

@wifeinraleigh28 - The colds that are going around right now SUCK! I hope you feel better soon.

QOTW: You are making me crave some latkas! Hahaha. I have everything prepped and wrapped for Christmas Eve. Now I just need to wrap my son's "Santa" gifts.

Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • 15+4 | 6/8 EDD

My next appt is next week. I can’t wait as it feel like so long since the last appt!

QOTW: we started our Christmas this past weekend by going to my in-laws. We’ve told everyone that we are waiting until our 20 week appt to find out the gender – so we surprised them with this gift (one that said grandson and one with nephew). Everyone was excited. We are telling my family the same way this week – I know they will go crazy! 

--------

Me: 42 | DH: 39 | Us: Married since April 2014 | TCC 20 months before IVF

Me: unexplained infertility (AMA?) | DH: No issues

1st IVF cycle with ICSI & PGS | ER 1/21/16  | FET  4/26/16, ectopic

2nd FET 09/20/16 | DS born May 2017

3rd FET 09/14/20

• Hi all! 22w5d today and back from our "baby moon" in New York City for a long weekend. It was freezing when we arrived, but gave us excuses to stop often for hot chocolate and cider, got snow on Saturday, and saw a show, so all goals for the trip met...with a bonus that DH felt the babies move for the first time. One of the girls was having a dance party so I put his hand on my belly. He concentrated and looked at me and said, I don't feel anything," and then she gave a good kick and his hand bounced. His eyes got wide...it was a perfect surprise. 

@flanners1 - I know how you feel with the geriatric pregnancy bit...I turned 39 last month. 

@AandDM2014 - can only imagine what one more set of happy feet would feel like - I think at some point these kicks will get painful, but at this point they just make me grin and giggle. 

QOTW: I am working all through Christmas week (so hopefully I will get to be off next year) and then hit 24weeks on the 28th so DH and I decided we wouldn't travel too far from Houston/hospital/NICU after viability week. It's a little sad because we will miss my family's big annual Christmas thing, but it's a 5 hour drive to Glen Rose, TX which will also just be uncomfortable by then. 
    @babylonghorn16 - we usually drive through Waco on our way from Houston, and all the little towns have such pretty lights around there. 
    Me, 38. DH, 46 married 11/14
    TTC since 11/14 for #1
    first RE visit 11/15, me - blocked left tube and Low AMH, DH - low count, motility not great
    1/16 clomid, 3 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    2/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 3 follicles - BFN
    3/16 clomid, 4 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    4/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 4 follicles but only one on right side 
    5/16 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, dexamethasone (5/19 suppression check: 13 resting follicles; 5/24: estradiol 457 - decreased menopur;    
             5/27: estradiol 1417, progesterone 0.18, 5 follicles >15mm, 9 follicles 5-15mm; 5/30: estradiol 2964, progesterone 0.8, 9 follicles  
              >16mm, 6 follicles 6-11mm; 5/31: estradiol 3149, progesterone 4.1; 6/1 ER)
    6/16 egg retrieval 6/1 (15 eggs, 14 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI); 5 day update (5AB (biopsied and frozen), 4AB/C (biopsied and frozen), 2/3, 3 morula, 1 multicellular); 7 day update (4 frozen and sent for CCS: 5AB, 4AB/C, 5AB, 4BB); CCS results (2 normal, 1 abnormal, 1 inconclusive)
    7/16 attempt to retest inconclusive - didn't survive thaw
    8/16 transfer day 8/1: 2 5AB hatching blasts, beta 8/10 = 250!!, beta #2 8/12 = 572, ultrasound on 8/24...TWINS!

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ale9687 Huh, that sounds interesting!

@kdanjou Sounds like a fun, lowkey Christmas!

@babylonghorn16 That sounds like a lovely Christmas. I'm sorry your grandma has passed, but hopefully bringing a new life into the world will help it be a little easier.

@pdbird Yay for appointments every two weeks! I'm sorry that your coughing is so bad it makes you vomit. That can't be good. Lol about your babe dancing! I don't think they care that it isn't time to get up yet. It is for them, so mom should be awake too!

@MelD17011 What a fun way to annouce to everyone that you're team blue!

@Happydays13 What an awesome babymoon!!! So cool that DH got to feel a kick! I do imagine that they won't stay nice forever, but it'll totally be worth it! I totally hear you about not going too far after hitting viability, especially with twins. We aren't planning any far away visits once I get there too.

@PNW12RN Yay for a great AS!!!!!!! And dancing baby!!! And your lowkey Christmas sounds great!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @PNW12RN - My placenta attached anteriorly as well and I just started feeling kicks. So congrats on feeling them! :) It does feel reassuring. It's so weird cause with my first son, I felt movement around 14 weeks and now I'm 26 weeks with my second son and just starting to feel real movement. And you're right, you really only feel it on the sides which is weird. My doc did say "Just wait for the LO's to get bigger", then I would start feeling movement more in the front.

My 6 yr old really wants to feel the kicks and is so disappointed that it never happens when he puts his hands on my belly. I told him to give it time and hopefully by February he will feel more of the kicks.

Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @flanners1 Congratulations on making it to the halfway point! 

@babylonghorn16 Seeing and feeling baby kick is so special. It has made me absolutely fall in love with our baby boy! I don't know if you feel this way, but I feel like when he dances around and kicks me, he is saying, "Hey mom! Thinking about you!"

@PNW12RN What a perfect little baby girl! Congratulations on a good anatomy scan.

@AandDM2014 will you update my info to having a boy please? Thank you!

I'm 21+1 today. After our anatomy scan, I had a moment of disappointment. Both hubs and I wanted a girl; I'd always pictured myself raising a daughter. I think the biggest upset was that we had not agreed on a boy name at all. On the way home from the appointment, I suggested a name which hubs turned down in a nasty way. I started to cry, and he finally understood that I needed to name this baby to get excited for a boy. So when we got home, we searched through names and after much deliberating we settled on Charles (we will call him Charlie). For the whole week, we've been trying it out, and at our Christmas party we decided to tell everyone his name. DH is deciding between 2 family related middle names, but now that we know his first name, I am absolutely thrilled! I've decided on a nursery theme, and I can literally feel my heart growing with love for Charlie.

QOTW: Our Christmas is low key, but we just threw our Christmas party. It's a lot of work because I clean all day one day and bake all day the next. So many people flaked this year, which was super lame because doing the cleaning and baking while pregnant was not nearly as fun! We still had a good turnout but I have more leftovers than usual.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @clt2pwm11 I love the name Charlie! May be bias as that's my dads name haha but I am with you, I always pictured having a little girl and naming her after my grandma. Once we found out it was a boy i wanted to get his name sorted out ASAP so I could start personalizing things for him. I think that helped me connect with him even more. 
  • Thanks @ale9687 ! We are avid hikers/backpackers, so we are doing a Camping Adventure nursery! I'm going to make a little pendant banner that reads "Camp Charlie." I'm so excited!
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Hey ladies!!! I'm 15w today. I have another OB appointment next week and I'll get to hear the heartbeat again. We had our family christmas party saturday and it was nice having everyone together. It's coming up on 10 months since my dad passed and it's really weird not having him around for christmas this year. I know he's in a better place but it still sucks. I've been having a hard time feeling a connection to my pregnancy because I don't feel pregnant yet. I've not had any nausea, morning sickness, or any aches & pains. I'm just tired a lot so I try to get as much sleep/rest as I can. I'm ready for baby to start kicking me so I can know that s/he is there. Please don't take that the wrong way. I'm ecstatic that I'm pregnant and finally having a baby it's just that I don't feel any different physically. I'm glad everyone is doing good and enjoying the holiday festivities. 
  • edited December 2016
    @clt2pwm11 I love the name Charlie as well! So glad you've decided on a name and are feeling excited for your little boy!

@PNW12RN Congrats on a good anatomy scan! Sorry about the anterior placenta. I'm half expecting to find out that I have one as well as it seems pretty common and I haven't felt much movement yet. I know it might still just be too early for me but I keep hearing women saying they are feeling kicks at 14 weeks (and I'm 16). Glad to know that all is well though with your little one!

@Happydays13 Sounds like you had a really fun baby moon!

@MelD17011 Aw, love those ornaments!! What a fun way to announce the sex to your family :love:

Lo and behold, my RLP returned with a vengeance this morning. Almost keeled over in pain during our walk this morning. I always feel it on the left side too, so I know exactly what it is when it happens. Also experienced a lot of leg pain in bed last night and had to keep changing positions. I'll admit though, I get a little giddy when my symptoms return :lol:

• Hi, all! I love reading all these updates and seeing how everyone is progressing. Sending healing vibes to those who are sick and to those who are experiencing uncomfortable symptoms!

I had an OB appointment late last week, and everything is looking great. Baby's heartbeat was beautiful, and I am measuring just fine. They want me to keep trying to eat more and are putting me on daily Pepcid around midday to see if that helps any with the nausea (in addition to the Diclegis). I told them that restless legs are keeping me awake at night, and they tested me for anemia to see if that m might be causing it. My hemoglobin looks fine, but they want to do some more blood tests just to make sure. I'm getting pretty worn down between the nausea and the sleeplessness, but I'm hanging in there!

QOTW: We just got back from visiting DH's family and some old friends where we used to live. We had Christmas with his family there, but his sister and our nephews will come to visit after Christmas, too. My family is coming up for Christmas, so I am running around like crazy trying to get ready to host all the festivities. Lots of grocery shopping, baking, cleaning, decorating, and planning still left to do! Plus poor DS woke up with a bad cough this morning. Just what we needed right now... Aaaaahhhh!!!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • I am 17 weeks and 2 days with our two little nuggets. I haven't felt the greatest the past few days. Like @wifeinraleigh28 my round ligament pain came back with a vengeance, also I have had some nausea and tiredness come back. The good news is that I think every time I have these issues is because of a growth spurt. I feel like I officially popped the last few days. My bump is now very noticeable and everyone is commenting on it (I am not complaining, I love sharing our excitement with everyone). I am feeling the babies move some, but I think this is because they are so squished together that there is no way not to feel it. 

QOTW: We had my DH's family Christmas party this past weekend. I was so excited that "santa" brought the babies handmade blankets and a few little things. It is starting to seem real getting things for them. We are traveling a few hours to my family's house to celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. Then we are going to DH's dad's house for majority of the day on Christmas. We have a friends Christmas party on Friday that I am hosting and cooking for but it is low key, so I do not have much prep work to do.

@clt2pwm11 - I love the name Charlie! I think it is so classic and cute. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @BlueEyedDreamer So glad you had a great appointment and that the baby looks great! I know how relieving that must feel!

@kelrauh I couldn't imagine having these symptoms with 2 little ones in there! You must be experiencing my same symptoms x2! I bet you look so cute with your bump!

• Hi everyone! Just plugging along here at 21 weeks with 1 baby girl resulting from my first IVF/FET. Baby is moving a lot these days which has been nice. I forgot what a cool feeling it is! My next appointment isn't until January 5th and I believe it is just a regular old doppler appointment.

I'm currently trying to figure out how/when to phase out of my work. I work in a mental health clinic as a therapist and when I delivered my son early last time I had to abruptly leave and was making phone calls from the NICU trying to get everyone placed with new providers etc. It was a mess. I've decided to stop work much earlier this time in the event I deliver early again. Just trying to figure out when works best? I feel paranoid leaving so early, but really don't want to repeat history of that terrible transition out.

QOTW: We have lots of family stuff to do for Christmas. My husband and I live about 1.5 hours away from where we grew up and our families are about a half  hour apart, so thankfully not too much driving. We'll stay at my parents as a home base. Until  then I have some baking to do for little gifts for people in my life like co-workers, neighbors etc. I'm baking a bunch of this cranberry bread on Thursday, so hopefully it comes out good!

Here is the recipe I'm using:
    https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/orange-cranberry-bread/

• @BornReady Ooh, that bread sounds delicious! As for your work situation, if it were me I'd take whatever time I delivered my previous baby, subtract two weeks from it (so if at 36 weeks, do 34 weeks) and stop by then, just to be on the safe side. That's nice that your families are so close. We have about the same travel time to ours and luckily go down on CE and then drive back home on CD so our driving gets spread out a little.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• beckij34  I totally understand the 'not connecting with your pregnancy' feeling.  After all the drama of fertility meds and procedures (and the fact that this was totally out of the blue after a failed FET), I didn't really 'feel' pregnant until a few weeks ago, when I finally grew a belly.  It all felt surreal before then, like I was making things up and not really pregnant.  Don't worry--it will come.  Having that physical reminder right there in front of you (the belly) brings pregnancy front in center in your mind as you do your everyday tasks.  Pretty soon it will be all you can think about!
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • @BornReady Let me know what you decide as far as when to start your leave. This is my first pregnancy so I don't have past experience to compare it to, but I do know I'll be induced at 39 weeks if I don't go into labor by then on my own. I also know that with my autoimmune disorder that I have an increased chance of going into labor early anyway, so I'm definitely thinking that I should start my leave on the earlier side to be safe. I know that the majority of my clients will probably opt to just wait until I return, but some will need some interim support, and being in a small private practice (with just 3 of us) I think it's going to be more difficult to coordinate that!

• @wifeinraleigh28 I'll keep you posted! Right now I'm thinking around week 30 (delivered last time at 35). Last time it wound down much earlier than I expected because I couldn't accept new intakes, people drifted off not wanting to say goodbye etc.  I also had over 50 clients when I delivered my son, but was working more days/hours then. This time around I have a smaller case load and will be transferring all of them, and graduating a few others. 
  • @BornReady Wow, 50 clients is a lot!! That's nice you have a smaller caseload now. I currently see between 12-15 per week so probably a lot less than you're used to!

• So glad to hear everyone is doing well (or hanging in there with colds/nuisance pregnancy symptoms!). I just want to wish everyone happy holidays <3 DH and I are playing it pretty low key this year, but all I can say is that I have everything I want for Christmas already and this will be the best Christmas thus far!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • @2legbaby Thank you for the info from last week regarding counting kicks - very helpful! My insurance has a maternity program (monthly RN calls) too, but this hasn't come up yet and it sounds like your program is more structured. And YAY for negative toxo titers.

Welcome @kdanjou!

QOTW: Plans for Christmas: eat all the cookies.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

**** Trigger warning ****

IVF/FET with PGS
    EDD March 28, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrygoround I wish we lived near each other! I have so many leftover cookies from my Christmas party, and I'm trying hard not to eat them all!!!!!
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17