March 2017 Moms
Options

Monday B-Fest 12/19

We haven't had one of these in a while, and I figure with the holidays looming, people might need to blow off some steam!  

Re: Monday B-Fest 12/19

• Options
    I'll start - and I'll preface this with saying I think this pregnancy has stolen what little patience I had with people to begin with. I cannot stand it when someone in my office insists upon walking over to my desk and interrupting what I am working on to ask me a question or tell me something that could have easily been communicated via an email or instant message. I mean really, I'm not talking about something super time sensitive or anything. Just a simple question. UGH! 
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    Went to my annual eye appointment today. The waiting room chair was intolerable for pregnant women. Then, the stools with wheels for the exam were impossible for me to gain my balance and I fell off one. I never thought how hard this would be so big and pregnant. In addition, this is my first appointment living in Texas  eye insurance coverage is soo much worse than what I had in Florida. The only ray of sunshine is pregnant women don't get dilated.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll start - and I'll preface this with saying I think this pregnancy has stolen what little patience I had with people to begin with. I cannot stand it when someone in my office insists upon walking over to my desk and interrupting what I am working on to ask me a question or tell me something that could have easily been communicated via an email or instant message. I mean really, I'm not talking about something super time sensitive or anything. Just a simple question. UGH! 
    EVERY DAMN DAY with my supervisor!  And, what I hate even more is that I email him and HE NEVER RESPONDS! I always have to go over an ask him.  ugh.  I feel you totally @Finallyhismrs07
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    Glad its not just me @mecoats!!!
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    Having a blended family gets to be hard sometimes. Yesterday my daughter had a ballet recital and I invited her dad and his family. My husband hates him because he doesn't pay child support and sees her maybe once a month and does petty things like sends her back home in the clothes she wore there so we don't have any of the clothes he bought her. They almost got into a fight and then it turned into an hour long argument between my husband and I about why I invited them and how he needs to pay for things. This is probably more of a vent than a bitchfest but it's hard in that position to do what's best. I thought it was best for my daughter to have all her family there. Now I see that there's no way for us to all co-parent which is saddening. My ex husband is a POS but at the same time I don't want to be seen as that mother who keeps him away from his child. Ugh. 
  • Options
    Maybe it's lame to be complaining about the weather, but that's my B-fest today. 

My hands are so dry no matter how much lotion I put on. They're cracked, itchy/hurt, and they look disgusting. Last night one of our cars wouldn't start. DH was able to charge the battery enough to get to work today but I'm kind of waiting with my phone on hand to see if I will end up needing to go pick him up. It's been too cold to take my students outside for recess. I'm happy to stay inside when it's so cold, but being inside is making us all a little crazy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Boy: coming March 2017

• Options
    Apparently it's now open season on my weight. I was big to begin with, but I've only gained 9 lbs. I had a relative ask me this weekend if I was having an elephant, now a client today was genuinely surprised when I told her it was a girl because "usually it's boys that make everything spread out." I have to be nice to my clients, but anyone else I tell them I was just fat to begin with in the hopes it makes them feel like jerks.
  • Options
    @liepertsm My hands are super dry constantly as well. My lips are also chapped, and it doesn't matter how often I apply lip balm.

I really dislike it when I can smell that students need to brush their teeth or take a bath/shower. :confounded: In my specific case, they are students who come from families with means and who care about their child's wellbeing. It's simply that they are middle schoolers who are responsible for their own hygiene now. Anyway, you can guess how well those smells and odors go with my super-sensitive pregnant olfactory system. I just wanna hose them down.
  • Options
    Have any of you ladies with the dry hands tried Okeefs (sp?) working hands? Stuff is amazing 
  • Options
    @ngcsugirl1112 That's my thought process too. DH can touch my belly because he can basically touch everything else no one is otherwise allowed to touch! I also agree that you're not touching the baby when you're touching the bump; you're touching me. Hands off.

@Gators&BoSox I will have to try that. Thanks! The dry hand business is partially my fault. I don't apply lotion during the day, at least not as often as I should be. 
  • Options
    @samm1225 Oh lord I'm so sorry people are assholes! Why on earth would someone ask if you're having an elephant?! That's just straight up mean.  :/
  • Options
    samm1225 said:
    Apparently it's now open season on my weight. I was big to begin with, but I've only gained 9 lbs. I had a relative ask me this weekend if I was having an elephant, now a client today was genuinely surprised when I told her it was a girl because "usually it's boys that make everything spread out." I have to be nice to my clients, but anyone else I tell them I was just fat to begin with in the hopes it makes them feel like jerks.
    I swear - It must be something in the air. Last week at lunch after church, one of the old ladies straight up asked me how much weight I had gained. Really, who the hell asks these things! And then at my shower a couple weeks ago, my aunt comes up and puts her hand on my hip and says "well, at least you are carrying some of it not in the front". :open_mouth:
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    @samm1225 Oh my goodness! People can be so rude!! 

@Gators&BoSox I have actually just started using Working Hands. I do like it! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Boy: coming March 2017

• Options
    @sammi1225 and @Finallyhismrs07 W.O.W...I don't understand why people feel the need to comment on our bodies...I am so sorry you've had to deal with this!
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    We're in week 2 of a kitchen renovation that I didn't really want to do, especially while 7 months pregnant. However, we had a leaky pipe that ruined our floors and well, everything got blown up in the process. We were supposed to be done by January 7, but the countertops are so delayed it looks like we won't be done until mid-January, which means a month without a kitchen! Life without a kitchen is so miserable. I miss fresh food, everything I eat is frozen or pre-packaged and I'm so sick of it, I just want some veggies and chicken. 

Plus, the rest of our house is acting as storage for all our kitchen things, and everything is dirty and cramped. I'm just so tired of having my life upended by reno stuff. 
  • Options
    @jomarma I'm so sorry! I can only imagine the frustration level. So annoying when these things are out of your control.
  • Options
    @Burrberrymum These might be first world problems, but your feelings are very much valid. I'd be frustrated too! Why is the cost of your daycare going up so high? Ours increased too but it's like $35. Triple the cost is crazy!
  • Options
    Just went back to watch the recorded SNL, only to find that the freaking news thought it was more important to track a freaking thunderstorm instead of showing SNL. Seriously who cares about a thunderstorm enough to watch you talk about it for 2 hours instead of showing the normal programs. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's 10:47pm and I'm still at work...been here since 8:04am...think it's valid for me to ask my doctor for a note that I don't need to work such long hours?  It's all because my team lead screwed up...good thing I don't live too far...my eyes are heavy....
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    @dubcompanion that's got to be terrible to deal with on a daily basis, some smells that used to be just mildly gross are wretched now! 

@Finallyhismrs07 I'm sorry you're dealing with this too. Why do people think it's ok to say these things?!?

ladies with the dry hands (and lips and anything else) my favorite thing in the world is a sugar scrub made with coconut oil. It seems especially effective when used in the shower.
  • Options
    kiyamurph said:
    @Burrberrymum These might be first world problems, but your feelings are very much valid. I'd be frustrated too! Why is the cost of your daycare going up so high? Ours increased too but it's like $35. Triple the cost is crazy!
    It's because in Ontario we have a daycare subsidy program that pays a portion or all of your childcare based on income. It always goes by your previous years income tax and we had a very good year last year so I no longer qualify for any subsidies. Which is great that we had a good year but this year hasn't been great, so the extra 700$ monthly is really making a difference. 
  • Options
    @Burrberrymum Gotcha. Definitely a catch 22 with that one. Paying an extra $700/month would be hard for anyone I think. So sorry.  :/
  • Options
    @ngcsugirl1112 I think it is TOTALLY valid to ask your doctor for a note. I mentioned in passing that I was having a tough time with my commute and my doctor wrote a note for me to work from home 2-3 days a week. Better safe than sorry!
  • Options
    Ivorytower2Ivorytower2 member
    edited December 2016
    I tried to be all creative and make Chana Masala for dinner last night, and failed miserably. I love Indian food and I had to drive really far to get one of the spices, but I guess the recipe just sucked. Poor DH ate it anyway, but we both knew it was gross. 
  • Options
    @dubcompanion that's got to be horrible to deal with every day! Some smells are just wretched!

@Finallyhismrs07 maybe it is something I need the air. Why do people think that's acceptable?!? I'm sorry you're dealing with that as well