December 2016 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 12/17

How far along are you (OR how old is baby)?

How big is baby?

How are you feeling?

What's going on this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY (stolen from a few of the other check-ins this week!): Of all the baby things you have, what are you most excited to use, and why?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
Visit The Nest 
Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 12/17

• How far along are you (OR how old is baby)?
    Baby Lucas is a week and a half old :)

How big is baby?
    He was 8lbs 7oz at birth and is now over 9lbs

How are you feeling?
    Honestly, very happy, but still in quite a lot of pain. Which sucks because my prescription pain meds are about to run out and I know my Ob won't refill them. Also, I am still pretty down about my incision, it became infected at the same time that I got mastitis, 1 week ago. My incision still has about a 3in opening in the middle of it and it takes a lot of energy to care properly for it. But Lucas keeps me so distracted and overall elated that I 
    shouldn't be complaining. 

My inlaws just arrived from the other side of the state. It created more work in cleaning the house, but they are great and I know they'll be happy hanging out with Lucas. Plus he loves attention!
    Lucas has a pediatrician visit on Wednesday, we need to start his hep B vaccines. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rant: I can't believe how much my incision still hurts!!!
    Rave: I love that Lucas is so happy, and he sleeps really well. I feel so lucky to be his mama. 
    Question: When do you stop using the peri bottle postpartum? I'm not sure if I should be using it or not still. 

GTKY (stolen from a few of the other check-ins this week!): Of all the baby things you have, what are you most excited to use, and why?

We got the 4moms baby swing, it's awesome. We registered for the fancy one, but DH ordered it from our wishlist and I'm sure he saw the basic one for cheaper and got it. But it's still amazing. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

39 weeks. I feel like I'm the last one in our group!!

How big is baby?

pumpkin

How are you feeling?
    Good...but done.

On vacation! Endocrinologist appt and midwife. Otherwise, just sitting and waiting.

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I love reading all the birth stories. The anticipation of how my story will play out is killing me.

The stroller came this past week and it's so fancy. I'm the most excited to use that. 

@yellingbanana
    you go right on ahead and complain! I'll gladly listen. I can't relate just yet, but I don't blame you for being impatient to get back on your feet. We've just spent the last 9 months limited in so may ways; I know I will be chomping at the bit to get back to my physical activities (namely running and walking up stairs or getting off the couch without running out of breath). I told DH to make sure I still take it easy PP. I just want to feel like me again. You will, soon, too!!

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • Loading the player...
    39 weeks

How big is baby?
    Size of a pumpkin

How are you feeling?
    Pretty sizable.  Despite a 3 day stretch of bad back pain last weekend, I'm back to managing symptoms.  Less than a week to due date though?  Eeek

Appointment on Monday.  Said last week that if I haven't delivered by then, they want to set an induction date.  Not sure how I feel about this.

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Newborn cloth diapers.  We didn't start cloth with DD until she was about 4 weeks, and was barely fitting into onesize diapers.  So newborn cloth is new this time along.  I'm kinda obsessed with the adorable factor.
  • @littlebirdie28
    Yes, I know what you mean about all these birth stories with your own still unwritten.  Lots of emotions!

@yellingbanana
    As far as the peri bottle, I used mine for a while since I kept up with the sitz baths for a couple weeks (I also had a level 2 tear).  But I would imagine if it isn't helping, no reason to bother?
  • edited December 2016
    @Lexibizzel we are cloth diapering, too. It's going to be interesting!! Also, that's interesting that your provider wants to talk induction on Monday, if you haven't hit 40 weeks yet. I've definitely been hearing more and more are waiting to go past 40 before having that conversation. 

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • @littlebirdie28
    Are you starting CD from the beginning?  I waited with my first because I received a ton of sposies at my shower, plus DD was too small for OS diapers.  This time though, no shower sposies + I CD DD anyway = excuse to buy newborn diapers!  If you have any questions please ask, CD can be pretty overwhelming at first. Very much worth it though :)

I asked why they want to talk induction when I will be 39+2, with no conditions to warrant one imo.  They said that they like to have a date set so there's a c-section team in place just in case, and that they don't like to go past 41+2.  I'm definitely insisting that I don't want an induction unless medically necessary, especially since I'd like to go natural.  I had all kinds of interventions with DD, and want to avoid all that.  
    Baby boy is almost two weeks old (Monday)
    How big is baby?
    On Wednesday he was 8lbs 6oz which is his birth weight!
    How are you feeling?
    Tired. Frustrated at DS1 for acting a fool most of the day today and annoyed at DH for not helping much. 
    I lose all my help this week so it just becomes me and the kids which scares the crap out of me. I also have an appointment with the LC Monday morning. I'm worried DS2 has an upper lip tie which is causing some major gas pains. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rant: DH stop pretending your helping and actually help
    Rave: I did get a 4 hour stretch last night- thank God
    @yellingbanana I still use mine every now and then when I'm having more bleeding than normal. 
    I love all hats so I'm using those a ton!
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  •  :(  missing @SmashJam and hoping her little girl is ok. 

• yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited December 2016
    @Gizmo1231 thanks! And hey! Our littles only had 1 oz in weight difference, Lucas was 8# 7oz!

• @Lexibizzel  we are - starting with the pre-folds and then moving on to all-in-ones when baby goes to daycare in a few months. We did get a lot of diapers, so we do have those as back up and long car rides or trips we might take without access to laundry.

Good luck at your appointment - let them know your concerns. 41+2 is two whole weeks into the future, so much can happen in that time. Just bringing up an emergency c-section team sounds scary! Stay strong and remember, as long as everything is going smoothly and everyone is healthy, you have the right to the birth experience you want. I would start to obsess over an induction date if they gave me one...:-\

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • Hey guys. @yellingbanana thanks for the shout out. I do have some updates.

Baby is 2 days old, born 8lbs 4oz. 

I am feeling physically good. I think my milks coming in soon, sadly I squirted a bit of milk while hand expressing but I think it's a good sign. Somethings wrong with my pump so I'm manually pumping and hand expressing until I can figure things out with that. I am bleeding minimally and have had no clots, thank God since they discharged me about 20 hours after birth and obviously I would have been in the hospital a day ish longer.

Emotionally I'm a freaking mess. Baby girl is doing ok considering, she had a procedure to place three stints, 1 to make a vein larger and two to drain her lungs. Her chest x-rays look better and they were able to get more oxygen into her lungs. Her brain is my main question, and neurology hasn't raised any flags yet, but she is chemically paralyzed which is standard after this procedure so the EEG only shows so much. Catscan is next, but not for a couple days I think. We're on our way to Boston now since weather cleared.

• @littlebirdie28
    Sounds like you know what you're doing.  Prefolds to start, then on to aios for daycare sounds ideal to me.  I'm going to use sposies in the hospital, but can't wait to see their fluff butt once we get home.

Totally agree regarding the induction.  I went into labor naturally at 39+5 with DD (same healthcare providers, 18 months ago), so why bother with a date this time?  I have a feeling if I am forced to set a date LO will come when he or she is ready anyway.
  • @SmashJam thanks for the update. I worry. It's ok to be an emotional mess, you have every right to be so. I know that I would be. It's so good that you are healing physically quickly so that you can keep up with Lorelai and be there in Boston. Good thing the weather cleared also, I did that drive when visiting my sister in Vt and your freeways are way curvy! Be safe, I'm hoping for the best news for you and Lorelai. Sending good thoughts, prayers, hugs, love, your way. 

• @Lexibizzel ha! I hope I know what I'm doing :-P

How was the appointment today? 

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • @littlebirdie28 Hi! Appt was today instead. Went well! Dr agreed not to set a date, but does predict a baby this week. How are you? Wonder which one of us will go first.
  • @Lexibizzel hahaha I'll race you ;-)

I had my appointment today, too. I think baby moved into a position where a nerve is getting hit in my pelvis. Also, at the end of the day today I've had a lot of cervix pain...but who knows. Glad to hear that the conversation was avoided and I hope your doc is right!

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010