April 2017 Moms

Boy or girl?!?

millimaupmillimaup member
edited December 2016 in April 2017 Moms
We had our 20 wk anatomy scan today. Happy to report that baby is healthy. Everything looked GREAT! Since my husband and I already have a boy and a girl we are choosing not to find out the gender. Unfortunately when the tech was doing the transvaginal portion (to ck for cervical length) I swear I saw the lower portion on the body and thought for a second I saw a penis. Now whether it's a boy or girl I could care less. But I'm just disappointed I saw something (or did I). It happened so fast. Well I posted this cute pic on FB today just to show how crazy balled up the baby was today (looked terribly uncomfortable

Re: Boy or girl?!?

• My husband and I wanted to know the gender at our 20 weeks scan. BOTH of us could've sworn we saw nothing between the legs but when the tech checked clearly he was a little boy. I wouldn't think you for sure know, you could turn out to be very surprised. 
  • punkita51punkita51 member
    edited December 2016
    I have a funny story about this. We went in to our scan and told the tech to put the gender in an envelope for our gender reveal. The tech leaves the room and my hubby says, the tech ruined it for us! She said "cervix". I did NOT hear the woman say that...

A few days later, we cut the gender reveal cake and its a boy (as we initially guessed). Clearly, the tech was speaking about MY cervix!

Morale of the story is that it might make a good story later ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When we initially did my scan I thought I saw little boy parts. It turns out it was a foot! We are having a little girl

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't see anything in those scans unless they're telling me what I'm looking at half the time.