December 2016 Moms

Yellingbanana birth story

Even though I had an RCS scheduled for 12:30pm on December 7th, my body decided that it was time for baby eviction. I went into labor at 5 am on the 7th, with insanely painful contractions every 15 minutes, then every 8 minutes, and then every 3.5 minutes by 8:00 am. By that time I'd gotten the kids on the school bus and woke up my husband. He asked why I was waking him up so early (he's a night owl) and that we didn't need to leave for a couple of hours. When I told him I was in labor, his response was "What? Wait. Huh?" Because I had so many Braxton hicks, he didn't think it was real labor, he just thought I was having Braxton hicks. So he showered, and got on the computer to set his email to 'out of office'. Which led to him sending other emails, a couple of phone calls, and general dilly dallying. I reminded him that I was in active labor, in pain, and that we needed to go. Then he saw me have a contraction (me crying and breathing through) and immediately apologized that he didn't realize that it was real, real labor. We were out of the house within 5 minutes after that. 
Of course it was 9:00 in the Seattle area, which means there was a bunch of traffic on the way to the hospital, and cops everywhere. So no illegal maneuvering for us! 
When we got to the hospital, I was immediately admitted and confirmed that I was in true labor. The nurses all felt bad for me since I was getting a c-section anyways and I wasn't actually dilating yet. Also, Lucas's heart rate started dropping significantly with each contraction. My doctor wasn't scheduled to be there until 12:30, but it was 10:30 so I had the option of having another doctor from my Ob's office perform the surgery. Of course I said yes! Please get this baby out!!! The repeat c-section went really well, the epidural hurt more than I remembered. Also, the carpel tunnel in my right hand went a little crazy and my whole hand, wrist, and arm were painfully tingling. Other than that, it was great as a c-section can be. There was a lot of tugging and pulling, and anticipation for the first cries of my baby.
Baby Lucas was born at exactly 12:00 pm, promptly pooped on the doctor while squealing like an angry kitten. He is very healthy, weighed in at 8lbs 7oz, hairy head 14.5 inches, and 20.5 in long (pediatrician measured him at 21.5 in long the next day). Daddy held Lucas skin to skin while I was patched up, they both loved it. 
In the recovery room, Lucas latched right away and has been in love with milk ever since. While I was snuggling with Lucas, the nurses were talking about the fundal height of my uterus and they were sounding grim. They did the usual 'massage the clots out', but only a few small clots and not much blood were coming out, even with a pitocin drip. They tried this 2 more times before bringing in a doctor, who looked troubled. After examining me, the doctor upped the pitocin and gave me a shot of something to increase my uterine contractions. She told me to brace myself, even with the morphine drip, it was going to hurt. She was right! She had one hand in me stretching my cervix and pulling clots out while 2 nurses pushed down on my uterus with all their might. It was so painful, more painful than anything I've experienced before. Luckily, it worked! 
I've had a few more complications that have delayed my healing process in the last week, but this is long enough! I'm slowly on the mend, Lucas is a super chill, happy baby and I have been enjoying every minute with him. He has been immediately immersed into our family and showered with much love, especially by me! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Yellingbanana birth story

• Ohmy! That bottom picture gives me all the feels! How precious!

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thanks @cayaylonglegs, he is so happy :smile: he smiles when he hears me, DH, and DDs! It melts me every time. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats! I know starting labor before a c section can make the healing more complicated but it's also kind of awesome that you got a confirmation that your little guy was totally on board with the birth schedule!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Oh my! He is absolutely precious!!! And... you're a complete warrior woman! That's intense stuff. Hugs!!! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Omigosh those pictures.. I'm melting! You did awesome❤️ Thanks for sharing!
  • He's so darn adorable!! Thanks for sharing your story I'm sorry it hasn't been the smoothest recovery so far. You do such an amazing job keeping an upbeat attitude. You're a warrior yelling banana :)
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • He is just the cutest thing!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ahhh such an adorable little guy! I too admire your positive attitude! I hope everything continues to improve for you!

• Those pictures melt my heart! So precious!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Thanks for sharing, he's such a sweetheart!  Congratulations!!

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• Lucas is so handsome! I am glad they were able to get those clots out, even thought it hurt you so badly! Ugh, I can't imagine. :(
    Type 1 Diabetic (high risk)

• He's adorable! Congrats and I love the bottom picture.
  • Oh my gosh, how cute!!! Congratulations!
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • What a cutie! Congratulations and take care of yourself while you recover!
    EQD born 12/15!