July 2017 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 12/14

For anyone with a due date of 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, 7/26.

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..)

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 12/14

• Options

How far along are you? 8 weeks

How big is baby? Raspberry

Upcoming appointments this week? I had my first appointment yesterday. It was just the boring "questionnaire" appointment, but we did schedule a dating ultrasound for next Thursday which makes me happy! I had an ultrasound with my son at the beginning, but because I had a normal pregnancy the first time around I did not get one with my daughter. Now, apparently, they do them for every pregnancy.

Any new symptoms or changes? Still anxiety. Super nauseous. Weight sticking to me like crazy :/

Rants/Raves/Questions? No

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..) I was and still am very into sports so I guess jock, but popular as well. 

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

How far along are you? 8 weeks

How big is baby? A raspberry or kidney bean

Upcoming appointments this week? I had my first appt with my midwife 12/12 and a dating US scheduled for 12/19. We are SO EXCITED for the US.

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing, just generally feeling mildly nauseous, tired, and somewhat grumpy.

Rants/Raves/Questions? DH has been amazing.  I mean, don't get me wrong, he has his moments when I want to punch him in the face (thanks, hormones).  But he definitely is going out of his way to be supportive and helpful around the house and in general.  And he was so sweet at our first appointment when I started to cry when he moved his chair closer to rub my back and give me a hug.

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..)  Is a nerdy jock a thing?  I was a varsity athlete every season from freshmen to senior year, voted most athletic, and ranked #4 when we graduated.  I loved high school and still have a bunch of close friends I see today (even though it has been 12 years and we live 400 miles from home).

Me: 30 DH: 33 
    Married: July 2010
    TTC #1: October 2016
    BFP 11/12/2016 ~ EDD 7/26/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 8 weeks!

How big is baby? Raspberry

Upcoming appointments this week? Next Tuesday. Finally my first ultrasound. I don't remember the wait being this long with DD. But it was. I checked.

Any new symptoms or changes? Nope, still tired and sick with no appetite.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope.

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..) I was actually homeschooled, but we were involved in a lot of activities with other homeschoolers. I wasn't the stereotypical homeschooler, so I would say popular.

• Options

How far along are you? 11 weeks!!!

How big is baby? poker chip, lime, donut hole

Upcoming appointments this week? NT scan a week from today!!

Any new symptoms or changes? staying pretty status quo here. Sore boobs, always hungry. I think the exhaustion is letting up a bit which is nice! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? The Target employee royally fucked up and I somehow ended up getting my Chicco Keyfit for $60. Score!

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..) Oh geez. This is hard. I went to a really large high school, but I think I can identify with a few categories. Definitely jock (varsity swimmer and soccer player all 4 years), nerd (took all AP classes and graduated 8th out of 400+), but the jocky-nerds at my HS were also the popular kids (my senior superlative was class flirt :p lol). So I guess a mix of those three.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

How far along are you? 9 weeks!

How big is baby? Size of a cherry

Upcoming appointments this week? Next week

Any new symptoms or changes? I am starting to feel better thanks to the B6 and the Unisom my doctor is having me take.  I have been incredibly nauseous since I found out!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am so tired.  I cannot keep my eyes awake.  Working full time as a high school teacher, taking care of my two other kids until DH gets home, and this baby are making me exhausted.  Three more days until Winter Break!

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..) I was in a performing arts magnet, so I suppose you could say I was a theater geek.  But my two best friends and I were referred to as the "Mean Girls" of the group because we kept to ourselves.

• Options

How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby? Cherry

Upcoming appointments this week? First ultrasound tomorrow! I'm so nervous I can't focus on anything else. I wish my doctor didn't have me wait so long.

Any new symptoms or changes? Feeling sicker than ever. Throwing up every morning and can't sleep through the night.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I've been a bit MIA the past few weeks, I think I've partly been guarding my heart until this first ultrasound. 

Has anyone started researching any baby products? I promised myself I wouldn't start until 2nd trimester.

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..)

I was a band nerd and a bookworm. 

• Options
    @CrystalPDX good luck tomorrow at your appointment!! Sending happy thoughts!!

I am the youngest of 4 girls, and all 3 of my sisters are mommies (I have 5 nephews and 1 niece) so I have been talking to them about baby products. I have gotten recommendations for all the big stuff (stroller, car seat, swings, etc.) and already purchased some of it. I am sure as time goes on I will ask for even more recommendations from them.  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    CrystalPDXCrystalPDX member
    edited December 2016
    @Rae1 how funny, I have 3 older sisters too! 2 of them have babies, and they have given me some recommendations, but their kids are also all teenagers now so things have changed a lot since then. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 11 weeks!!

How big is baby? Brussels sprout, or donut hole.

Upcoming appointments this week? Tuesday! 6 days from today.

Any new symptoms or changes? Symptoms seem to be mostly gone, other than sore and growing boobs, as well as occasional fatigue and cravings. I'm nearing the end of 1st tri so I expected and hoped my symptoms to mellow out at this point! As far as changes go, I'm noticing a small bump forming!! I don't think it's noticeable to anyone else, and granted it's not *all baby* since my uterus isn't quite high enough to be in my abdomen yet, but my days of waking up in the morning with a flat stomach are definitely over. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I haven't bought any Christmas gifts yet. Not a single one, not even one single stocking stuffer. So needless to say, I am going to the mall tonight to try and remedy the situation. I've clearly been way too distracted this year to worry about gifts! 

I was homeschooled all the way through, (hey @LuLilaEv !!) but I did EVERYTHING with my friends at church who were all in public school. It was definitely similar to high school at times. My friends and I were in a pretty tight clique so I guess we were the "popular" crowd. 

• Options

How far along are you? 10 wks!

How big is baby? Size of a strawberry

Upcoming appointments this week? We have an appointment on Monday, 12/19. I haven't been thrilled with my doctor, so I am using this appointment to decide if I want to look into another practice.

Any new symptoms or changes? Feeling great this week, thank god. Last week I was hospitalized with the stomach flu and felt like death. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.This week I am a little fatigued, but that is to be expected. My appetite has returned so I am actually enjoying eating food again. Horray!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am trying to figure out if my insurance covers the NIPT and if not, what our out of pocket costs will be. I called my insurance (Aetna) multiples times, as well as the doctor's office and no one seems to be able to give me a clear answer. I know i am not the first patient to deal with this, so it is that much more annoying that I can't get a conclusive answer.

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..) Not sure how to answer this question. I've always prided myself on having friends that run the spectrum of personalities and interests. I was voted class flirt, so there's that. :)

• Options
    *lurker*

@CrystalPDX and @Cait32 - Yay for ultrasounds! Hope all is well :)
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 8 weeks

How big is baby? Raspberry

Upcoming appointments this week? Had us on Mon (and will again next Mon)

Any new symptoms or changes?  Increased nausea and headaches.

Rants/Raves/Questions? DH is such a rock star.  If it weren't for him, I would curl up into a ball and hide until the icky feeling goes away.  He has done laundry, cleaned toilets, prepared meals, you name it - he does it!  I am one lucky lady :) 

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school?  I dunno.  I was an athlete and graduated top of my class (well, 3rd).  I heard years later that I was "popular" - but didn't realize it at the time.

* TW *
    Me: 34  DH:38 (Married Sept 2014)
    TTC since May 2015
    IUI #1: July 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2: August 2016 - BFN
    IVF #1: Stims 10/21/16, ER 11/02/2016 (5 follies, 5 fert),
                ET 11/07/2016 (2 blast xfer, 3 frosties)
                BFP 11/11/2-16!! (4dp5dt) Beta #1 (7dp5dt) = 30  Beta #2 (9dp5dt) = 66  Beta #3 (11dp5dt) = 130

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    oheliza44oheliza44 member
    edited December 2016
    @Cait32 thanks so much for that info!

Edit because the tag didn't work. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby? Cherry! 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope but I did purchase a fetal doppler because I'm going crazy! It should be delivered tomorrow or friday

Any new symptoms or changes? No. Haven't really had any symptoms except that my boobs are killing me. I really need a new bra.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Anybody have a fetal doppler and found the baby's heartbeat? Any tips?

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..) I don't like this question. Lol I don't know what I'd categorize myself as! I got good grades, went to parties, but wouldn't say popular. Just an average high-schooler lol don't miss it though that's for sure.

• Options

How far along are you? 
    10 weeks!
    How big is baby? 
    Strawberry
    Upcoming appointments this week?
    Tomorrow! No u/s but hoping we will be able to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler. 
    Any new symptoms or changes?
    My morning sickness has been fading. It's definitely nice but it has my pgal brain worried. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?

I think one of my students gave me strep.. After my OB apt  I might go to the clinic.

I was very average. Got along with everyone but only had a few close friends. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 11 Weeks 

How big is baby? A lime 

Upcoming appointments this week?  Not until next week.

Any new symptoms this week? No, they have kind of disappeared the last couple weeks. It makes me nervous but also really happy. I hate feeling like I have to puke all the time.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    When I was pregnant with DS I was super depressed mostly bc of how I felt with the relationship with DD. I was scared to have another baby, but I KNEW it was going to be fine. This time I'm scared to have another CS, this will be the 3rd. Also I'm having mixed feelings about getting my tubes tied.

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? I was popular, good grades, sports as a freshman bc of knee injuries. But that's about it.
  • Options
    @sdang1 I have one, but I am 11 weeks, and didn't try until this week. I didn't think it was hard to find at this point, but I still watched a couple youtube videos first to watch how it's done (and see what sound I am looking for!). I liked the one by the girl named Missy and I got sucked into her other videos! haha
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish thanks for the info!! I have watched a couple but I'll look into Missy knowing she's good!
  • Options
    Update: got my doppler today, spent about 15 minutes searching and finally found the heartbeat!!! It was amazing!!!! First time actually hearing it!!