April 2017 Moms
Options

Why my SO is amazing or an a-hole!

We haven't done this is awhile!

What has your SO done to help out or to show his/her love? What raves do you have?

And the opposite- what have they done to piss you off lately?

Re: Why my SO is amazing or an a-hole!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    HGRich said:

More recently, as in this morning, he set his alarm clock for an hour before mine went off and proceeded to snooze for an hour and not get out of bed or shut it off. So I lost an hour of sleep for no reason because I just laid there wanting to punch him in the face but thinking he was going to get up and I could go back to sleep. But no. He just sleeps through the alarm for an hour except when I smack him to turn it off and he just hits snooze and goes back to sleep. Ugh. 

DH does not usually have to get up before I do, but when he does he does this exact. same. thing.  It drives me nuts because I'm wide awake after his first alarm goes off. Just get up when your freakin' alarm goes off!! It's really not that hard.  (In total he has been pretty amazing during this pregnancy though!)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    H has been great. This morning he wrote I love you in the frost on my windshield. He's been great about realizing that I'm tired and lacking motivation, he hasn't once complained about the dishes piling up on the counter or dinner being thrown together at the last minute. I do wish he'd do more to pick up the slack, but I really can't expect much from him when he's gone 12 hours a day and comes home exhausted.
  • Options
    I am the alarm snoozer!  Especially lately. I'm so tuckered out!  
    BabyGaga
    Pregnancy # 6
    4 missed chances
    2 loving children
    1 on the way
  • Options
    My DH is amazing because he cooks all of our meals. I absolutely HATE cooking and even though I work from home and it would be way easier for me to do it, he cooks a few times a week so we always have dinner ready (although half the time we have leftovers, but I am fine with that). He also does the grocery shopping (another chore I despise). He has also been very understanding lately about my chores not getting done on time, dishes piling up, etc. because I have just been such an anxious mess. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kitkat8387 that's awesome! I will say that while my husband doesn't cook or do the grocery shopping, he will feed himself without complaint or comment if he comes home and finds me asleep on the couch instead of making dinner. I hate cooking and grocery shopping too, and he's come to accept that. Haha! Love that your H will pick up slack for you. Mine is working on it, but his mother served him hand and foot for years until we were married and it's taken the last four years of marriage for me to help him realize I'm not like his mother in that respect. Lol. 
  • Options
    No complaints about DH, he's been amazing throughout this whole pregnancy, it really made me love him more. Every time I throw up he's always right there with a bottle of water and back rubs. He always lets me sleep in and take naps when I'm exhausted. If I mention offhand something I'm craving, he will either come home with it if he's out, or will offer to go out to pick it up if he's home.  He will run me a foot bath if I've had a long day at work. He's been taking care of household chores that I've been slacking on. I never have to ask him for anything, all of what he does is completely unsolicited. He always makes sure I'm as comfortable as I can be. I'm so grateful for him beyond words <3
    BabyFruit Ticker