July 2017 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Chatter Dec 12-18

2»

Re: Pregnancy Chatter Dec 12-18

• Options
    Omg @dancegurl1118 your hospital cafeteria also does Taco Tuesday?!! Lol
  • Options
    They do that on Tuesday nights with really crappy quality meat and fake queso @mj8215, which naturally I love. But every day they have a chipotle-like station. It's great. And always shit-inducing when I need a little jumpstart. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can we talk about that crazy pregnancy super nose??? This is a symptom I managed to miss out on last pregnancy, but this one, it's hit me like a ton of bricks. Holy crap, I feel like a bloodhound! Maybe it's the twin thing, although I have no other symptoms other than this an being hyper emotional, but yikes!!

I'm sitting in bed right now, my husband is out to sea (and has been for the last month) and, cheesy as it might be, I have one of his shirts on the king size bed with me that smells like him. I am sitting up in bed, the shirt is a good three feet away, and ALL I can smell is my husband. I thought it might have been the sheets, but I washed them yesterday and it's definitely the shirt. And it's definitely not a "dirty" shirt, per say - just one that he had worn before he left.

I should preface this with the fact that under normal circumstances, I have the world's worst sense of smell, but holy crap, this is distracting!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ktewart Are you having twins?!

I skipped the bloodhound symptoms with my last pregnancy, and with this one, HOLY HELL!

I cannot go into the grocery store without being overwhelmed by the smells and feeling pukey. I have to keep my sleeve over my nose when I go anywhere haha, it suuuucks. I HATE the smell of coffee and it is everywhere. Man, this pregnancy is so different. 
  • Options
    @mrscate88, I'm still recovering a little from the shock, but according to the ultrasound I had yesterday, there are, in fact, two babies in there! They managed to miss one of them at my 6 and a half week ultrasound, so completely out of left field and my husband has no idea yet! But both babies are measuring the same size with strong heartbeats in the high 160s, so fingers crossed everything keeps going normally!

And right on the bloodhound thing??? I skipped this one last time, too, but this time, EVERYTHING smells like I've got my nose buried in it! I had a pregnancy brain moment at dinner tonight and went to add garlic to the cous cous I was making and used the wrong side of the cap and poured WAY too much into pot. The smell of the garlic almost made me lose the crackers I had been munching on. And I'm with you on the coffee. If I can smell something as subtle as my husband's shirt, the strong smells are killing me slowly! I swear, gross as it may be, I can smell when my son has a diaper in the next room, that's how bad it is! Holy Hell is right!!!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's funny..... my other 3 pregnancies I had super smell and actually kept it after my youngest was born May’13. The main thing that made me test so early was that I wasn't smelling anything. Even meat going bad in the fridge. Usually I can smell it at the other end of the house but even standing in the kitchen near the fridge....nothing. Still haven't gotten it back so here's to hoping.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @ktewart congrats on your twins!! How exciting!
  • Options
    @ktewart !!!!!!!!!! Omg did you get my pms?? I was thinking about you! And wow, congratulations!!!!!! 

Sorry just super excited for you and glad your u/s went well :) 
  • Options
    @ktewart Hooray twins!  That's such a fun surprise.

i have a dating ultrasound tomorrow morning.  I didn't think I'd get one and I'm hoping everything's ok in there.  This'll be the first time I get to hear the hb!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ktewart did you ever find out a way to share the news with your husband?  I'm right there with you with the blood hound nose.  I can smell my husband's toothpaste when he brushes before he enters the room.  Crazy!!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons, yes! Two days later, and it still feels surreal. The tech told me "baby has a good strong heartbeat..." and I'm like, ok, I can breathe now, baby is good, and she goes, "do you see two heartbeats?" I almost fell off the table with the wand still inside me. They're di/di twins, so separate sacs and separate placentas, which makes it the lowest risk form of twin pregnancy, which is a relief. But definitely wasn't expecting that news, especially since I have no obvious symptoms and am not showing or able to feel my uterus yet at all, despite apparently measuring close to 16 weeks already (fundal height). My husband needs to hurry home and Christmas needs to hurry up - this secret is officially ready to bust out! How did your scan go?? Happy baby dancing around in there, I hope?

@SparkyOne, we are hosting Christmas at our house and my parents and siblings are coming down on Christmas Eve and spending the night. We are hanging a fourth stocking up on the fireplace that says "July 2017" on it and seeing how long it takes them to notice. He gave me such a hard time for not doing something "fun" to tell him we were pregnant (I just came in the room after taking the test and said "I'm pregnant!") So if I can manage to keep my mouth shut for another week and a half, I think I'd love to give him another stocking wrapped under the tree to open as a gift and tell him I figured he'd like to complete the set. See how long it takes him to get it before I give him the sonogram that the tech wrote "Merry Christmas - TWINS!!!" on. He's not expecting this AT ALL (he was at my first scan and they only saw one, so no way he'll guess that has changed). I'm going to ATTEMPT to video tape it without cluing him in, haha. I never get to surprise him, especially since we were trying both pregnancies, so he knew when I was testing. Now to just keep my mouth shut without bursting until Christmas!

And yes!! I mean, toothpaste is a good smell at least...my poor dog is very well groomed but the smell of "dog" in a general sense makes me gag while pregnant (did last time, too), and I can smell her from the kitchen when she's lying under the dining room table. Poor puppy! Too bad there aren't any cool superheroes that have "Bloodhound Nose" in their list of super powers, haha.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh the super nose is the worst!!!! I had it last pregnancy also. I can't go to the grocery store!!!! Everything smells horrible. I smelled someone two blocks ahead of me smoking while I was walking the other day. He was the only person out and I could see the smoke when I looked for it. It smelled like he was blowing it in my face. I was gagging and hardly made it to my car without puking. The worst part for me is that everything smells BAD. Then it makes me gag, and I'll most likely puke. 
  • Options
    @OperaSingerMommy, so much love for this! Best sound in the world, right??
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ktewart congratulations on the twins!! How exciting!! 
  • Options
    When I first read "super nose" I thought you guys meant your noses got bigger! lol Mine totally got bigger and wider when I was in the last few weeks of pregnancy with DS1 and DS2, and was like, "how in the world are their noses already getting bigger this early!" Pregnancy brain fart. 

But yes, I have smell sensitivities too, and it's  not AS sharp as they were with my previously pregnancies, but smells bother me a lot more now and i can smell things others can't! 
  • Options
    ktewart said:
    @OperaSingerMommy, so much love for this! Best sound in the world, right??
    OMG yes.  I'm due at the end of the month so I was feeling a little left out, haha ;). So happy to know everything is looking a-ok.  I'm so excited for your surprise twins!!  You'll have to take them all back to Hawaii one day!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am 11wk 3d. I had my first pregnancy appointment today where I was supposed to have an ultrasound and the blood work for the genetic/gender screening  I called to confirm it all this morning and never got a call back so just went ahead with what I was told originally. My husband and I got out of work early and took my 2 yr old out of daycare so we could all "see the baby on tv". When we got there we were told that there would be no ultrasound and the blood work can't be done till next week. The blood work takes 7-10 days to come back so we were planning on doing a little gender reveal w the family on Christmas that is now not happening! Needless to say we were all so disappointed, and I don't know if it's the hormones or not but this truly got me down. Just to coordinate the day so we could all be there was a feat in itself! I DID get to hear a very strong heartbeat for the first time and I know that I should just be SO happy with that! And now I'm mad at myself for letting all the scheduling errors ruin the experience of hearing that sweet little heart beat!
  • Options
    When I first read "super nose" I thought you guys meant your noses got bigger! lol Mine totally got bigger and wider when I was in the last few weeks of pregnancy with DS1 and DS2, and was like, "how in the world are their noses already getting bigger this early!" Pregnancy brain fart. 

But yes, I have smell sensitivities too, and it's  not AS sharp as they were with my previously pregnancies, but smells bother me a lot more now and i can smell things others can't! 
    My nose got huge with DD. And I didn't have much room to spare because it's big to begin with. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I'm craving cheeseburgers today but it's to cold to go out. So I was sending pictures of cheeseburgers to dh. He responded by sending me a picture of his face. He got nailed in the face by something at work and has a swollen cheek and a cut. He's fine, didn't have to go to the doctor, but I can tell by how he's acting it hurts. I don't think I will be able to eat anything but a cheeseburger but I can't ask him to stop. 
  • Options
    @morgarita Aw man, that definitely sounds like you both deserve a take-out night.  Is there a place that delivers?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @morgarita I say indulge! Last night I was craving a hamburger and chocolate shake. It was divine. ;)
  • Options
    Now I'm craving a hamburger...