Re: Randoms! 12/12

• Options
    @sunshine507 Sorry lady :-(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshine507 so sorry, hugs!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sunshine507 that's never fun. Especially when it's someone you thought was the most supportive.  So sorry :(
  • Options
    I have officially run out of reasons to not be at my desk and doing my work today...I just straight up don't want to!  :D I am so over this week!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited December 2016
    I love pizza and I work next door to a Whole Foods that makes some pretty great pizza...today I decided to splurge and get 2 slices for lunch. It was the most disappointing lunch ever - the one slice was veggie & was ok (but burnt on the bottom) & the other slice was some special flavor of the day that sounded good but was actually really gross. I still ate them because I was so hungry and I felt bad wasting food esp. since I spent money and I very rarely do that when I'm at work since I normally always bring food with me. Ugh...I've been feeling lately like nothing at home is appealing to eat anymore. :'(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kjd291My husband developed a man-flu too, last night... it's so annoying! I powered through a cold for 2 weeks, doing everything, and now he can't even move his shoes from where he flung them at the bottom of the stairs. Can we try not to trip the pregnant lady, please?
    Sigh. We had so much planned for this weekend, but I guess that's not happening. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Options
    @EnglishTeacherMama I'm so sorry you're dealing with this too!! Hopefully he can recover from his deathly illness in time for some of your weekend fun. 
  • Options
    @Gators&amp;BoSox haha.  purrrrfect. I'll take two boxes to start with ;) 
  • Options
    @kjd291 Grubhub all the food, and can you outsource childcare for a few hours over the weekend? Favor from a friend or even babysitter who'll watch kiddo at their house? Sounds like you really could use a break (...maybe for Christmas shopping or other indulgent treat for yourself...) and there won't be one in sight unless you make one :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have yet to be super emotional, or experience extreme moods with this pregnancy...until today when I almost lost it when I was trying to put some Tupperware away and they tumbled out of the cupboard and I wanted to rage so hard! I was actually pretty hungry at the time..but the feeling hasn't left. This afternoon, I think I scared my cat from cursing and growling because I couldn't fit a piece of paper into a new frame, it kept catching and I was about to give up and huck it across the room. Poor DH hasn't seen this side of me before in our relationship til now, I'm just glad that I was able to explain my frustrations and have a reason behind it.
  • Options
    OMG, I think I am slowly dying. Apparently there is some sort of stomach bug going around and it is hell on earth. I have had it since Thursday morning, had to call in twice to work which is super awkward since it is my second week there, and today the crowning glory is the near constant diarrhea. The doc already had me to go triage at the hospital yesterday to be treated for dehydration and I do not want to go back. But seriously, this is ridiculous. 

And to add to this, my DH has the worst bedside manner of anyone I have ever met. Why can he not show a little compassion? Why is he just constantly nagging me to drink more water? Hello, I can only drink so much and my body is telling me to sleeeeeep. He's even at work today and won't let up. He got frustrated when I wasn't answering his texts so he calls me and wakes me up.

At least I am not vomiting anymore. I guess there is a bright side.

/end rant
  • Options
    @thisisallyson feel better! and tell DH to hush!
  • Options
    @thisisallyson oh noo! That sounds dreadful! I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @thisisallyson yikes!! I hate stomach bugs when I'm not pregnant... They're way worse when you're worrying about a baby too.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    @thisisallyson that sounds horrible! I hope you start feeling better soon! 
  • Options
    Good news: Took the front off DD's crib yesterday to make it a toddler bed and she still stayed in all night long! Called for me in the morning and didn't get out of bed until I came in the room.

Bad news: DD and I came down with a chest cold yesterday, and this coughing kept my already insomniac self up even more last night. Still though, proud of my DD - she woke herself up coughing as well last night, and she just turned her sound machine back on and went back to sleep. 
  • Options
    @CanadianintheSouth Yay for toddler bed success! Boo to chest colds. We changed DS to a toddler bed really early for my sanity, and he's in a twin size bed from IKEA now, which is much more comfortable to cuddle in and read books at night. I found he slept a lot better in general once we moved to toddler bed.
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    kiyamurphkiyamurph member
    edited December 2016
    @CanadianintheSouth How old is your daughter? My little guy is 2.5 and I'm not sure when to transition him to the toddler bed. He sleeps perfectly through the night and he never tries to climb out of his crib, so my main thing is not messing up a good thing! 
  • Options
    Thanks @datalover13! We have the convertible crib so the next step after this will be a double, looking forward to that, but going to wait it out! 

@kiyamurph she is 2 years 4 months, and the only reason we took the front rail off is because she just started trying to escape. We were planning on leaving her in her crib for as long as possible, and no matter what getting a new crib for the new baby since we just get the convertible cribs.  I completely agree, do not mess up a good thing! I've read don't switch until they are climbing out, and we followed that advice. 
  • Options
    @kiyamurph I second @CanadianintheSouth  with the waiting until they start climbing out! It was just unfortunate in our case that DS started trying to escape when he was 17 months old.  :|
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17