December 2016 Moms

Monday bf 12/11

light it up
Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Monday bf 12/11

• I have to work today because I did not go into labor over the weekend. I don't wanna go to work this week! Thursday seems so far away...
    I took off today (rest of the week) and I did not go into labor. Feels a bit like a wasted leave day

also my little guy is sick. I feel so bad for him. And am worried about getting sick myself and dh and the newborn. Bad timing...

Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Loading the player...
  • My bitch is I'm sick and tired of people popping up at my house knocking on my door that I don't know. Somebody just came and knocked on my door like 15 minutes ago and it pisses me off because I don't like people knowing where I live because people have no respect and think it's an open invitation to pop up at your house whenever they want. i didn't answer it but I don't know who they are or their vehicle and it's creepy and I'm home all day everyday alone. If I don't know you, talk to you or you don't have mine or my husband's number then don't come to my house. You aren't welcome. I absolutely hate it. 
  • @slartybartfast sending all the healthy vibes your home's way!! 

DH gets angry that DD1 has been waking up earlier than normal since transitioning her to a toddler bed. Because he is typically up and gone for work early and I don't  want to get in and out of bed trying to get her back into her bed, the routine I've set up is she  wakes up around 6-630, comes in bed with me, and I let her play on my phone until we are ready to go downstairs (usually until 730-8). It's so much easier on me because I rest easier knowing she's right there. Otherwise I'm neurotically checking the monitor and anticipating her repeatedly getting up.. it's just stressful. 
    Anyway, all wknd he b*tched about how he's sick of not getting to sleep in because she wakes him up and how I've conditioned her for poor morning habits. There's no real point to this other than it annoys me to no end that he's sooo inconvenienced by this, even though on the wknds i make an extra effort to get her back to bed for a while so as not to wake him up too early. I feel like he's going to be singing a different tune when the baby is here and he (hopefully) realizes how much easier my system is if he really wants rest. 
  • I have to work today because I did not go into labor over the weekend. I don't wanna go to work this week! Thursday seems so far away...
    I hear ya sister. It dawned on me this morning though that all of my in-office obligations are done today. Hang in there!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• 1 week post partum and even though most of the carpel tunnel is gone, my fingers are "slipping" out of the joints and getting stuck. I have to manually get them back in place. So painful. 

DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @sourlemon oh goodness that sounds brutal! 
  • I love my Dad and Grandpa dearly but if I get one more "So how's it going?" phone call before this baby comes I'm going to scream. I normally talk to my Dad once or twice a week and now he's on this kick of calling all the time. I know he's excited but dear God I will call you when the time comes.

MIL on the other hand is awesome. She checks in when she knows I've had an appointment or just shoots me a quick email. She isn't hounding me constantly. I was worried she would be she isn't. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got 10+ inches of snow yesterday...and our company's plowing service did not show up. Since I could not sleep (surprise, surprise), I decided to come into work super early (also have to leave early for u/s and appointment) and was the first one here. I literally could not get into our parking lot. The road plowing service blocked off our entrances and I was not going to use my new car to plow through a 3 foot wall in the hopes that it was the entrance. So I parked across the road where the bus parking is and trudged through the snow to get to my office at 6:00 am. I've already have left two messages and an email trying to reach our vendor, in addition to leaving messages for three other companies to see if they want to be hired. All before the owner's son got here at 10:30 and complained about the snow and that we need to fire the company and find someone else. Already working on it buddy, just go play on your phone and look busy. I am ready for a nap.
  • I am my own BF today. I am so tired, I don't feel like doing anything yet there are things I want to accomplish today, my stomach can't decide if i'm hungry or nauseated...i'm just an all out mess and want to hit the reset button on today.  I made it to the chiropractor at least, but new Christmas lights (there are 3 sections burnt out for some reason on our gutters), toilet paper, the dishes and holiday shopping will have to wait.  except I want to make Christmas cookies with my girls when they get home from school. I just don't have the will.  ugh.
  • @AbriannaO It's snowing there and raining here but I do live in the deep south and I'm sure y'all are used to the snow or at least know more about how to get around in it then I would because I would have been calling or emailing ny boss that I couldn't come in for the sake of being pregnant and having to drive in the snow but things typically shut down here too if we even get so much as 2/3 inches of snow. 
  • My BF is that I'm having to move 5 hours away from FI on New Year's. He's super busy with work and I don't have the support system here like I do with my parents, so Rhett and I are going to stay with my mom and dad for a couple of months until FI's stuff calms down. I really hate it because he's going to miss so much. :( We have a good plan in place for still getting together and seeing each other though, and it is only temporary. Trying to keep looking on the bright side and just enjoying the little time with him we do have before we move.
  • Coworker ' s wife had their baby this morning. She was due the 17th. I'm due the 21st. I'm jealous my baby isn't here yet. 

In this same vein one of our other coworkers email every about other coworkers baby. Not cool. It's his good news to share not her's. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @slartybartfast That's honestly really reassuring for me. MH is in the midst of three tough grad school classes on top of ridiculously stressful 12 hour work days, and I feel terrible that he won't be able to be very involved until things resolve (his classwork lets up at the end of Jan, I think, and we should be moving for his job sometime in the summer).
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @yellingbanana that's horrible! The pain is no joke. I had some clotting issues but only required the outside "belly rub" as DH calls it. People who never went through a c section really have no clue how bad it can be! Even after my first I had no clue because that recovery was pretty easy. Not so much this time! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• sourlemon said:
    1 week post partum and even though most of the carpel tunnel is gone, my fingers are "slipping" out of the joints and getting stuck. I have to manually get them back in place. So painful. 

*stuck in box, mobile bumping 
    YES! Me too. 
    @AbriannaO It's snowing there and raining here but I do live in the deep south and I'm sure y'all are used to the snow or at least know more about how to get around in it then I would because I would have been calling or emailing ny boss that I couldn't come in for the sake of being pregnant and having to drive in the snow but things typically shut down here too if we even get so much as 2/3 inches of snow. 
    We live in the Seattle area, where the entire region is really hilly AND full of terrible drivers. When we get snow on the roads, everything kind of shuts down. And the only people out driving are the ones with studded tires, and the ones that end up in a ditch. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @wynterwaddell, I don't think my boss would have blinked an eye if I had chosen to stay home or to have come in late due to the weather. I only live 9 miles from my office and the roads weren't too terribly bad, we just couldn't get into the parking lot due to it not having been plowed. Having grown up in the snow, then living in the mountains for a few years, I am use to it, but I did take my time this morning and was extra cautious since I do have a baby to think about now. When my boss didn't see my car in the parking lot, she assumed I either went into labor or that my DH dropped me off.
  • @DiFazette - twins & toddler seems like a special kind of messy and tiring... my brain short circuits imagining the challenge 
    Hahahahaha @slartybartfast, it's not for the faint of heart!  There are more than a few dicey moments over here daily  ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• @dmontgo You are awesome for saying that to her. What a brat. 

My BF is I'm still effing pregnant. My due date was exactly a week ago. I lost my mucus plug -twice- a week ago and a week before that. My body winds up with contractions, then winds down. This has been happening for 2 weeks. WTF?!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The poop stories are killin me!  :D
    Even though I went yesterday, 4d pp, I haven't gone yet today and still feel backed up. 

And- it's official fever time! I have been feeling feverish on and off for 2 days, but woke up feeling terrible from a nap a few hours ago. I had my thermometer ready, and I'm at 100.6 f. Ugh, I feel so terrible. Waiting for increased meds to kick in, the meds that my Ob didn't want to give me! Then it's off to the Ob in the morning. Unless it reaches 101.5, then off to the ER. 
    So overall, my BF has been expanding exponentially. 

• @yellingbanana - how're your boobs? I only ask bc I started like that and then, Boom!! 102.8 fever, chills and shakes and I had mastitis. Fingers crossed that's not it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dmontgo ummm not a preemie???? I thought my almost 36w5day babies would not be considered preemies, but in the hospital they very much are..(Which was a surprise to me)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jennbaylor12  the boobs are good, it doesn't feel like mastitis at this point. But I can't pinpoint where the fever seems to be coming from. Incision looks good, though I still have the damn staples in and they hurt, because they are staples. 
    Fever went up to 101.1, then back down to 100.6 again after my meds kicked in. My mom is on call to come watch my kids if it reaches 101.5, but I'm trying my best to take it easy and keep the fever down so that we don't need to go to the ER. That is the last thing I want right now. 

• ea301ea301 member
    edited December 2016
    @yellingbanana could the fever be related to your clots? I spiked a fever in the hospital when I had mine manually extracted...  but i think i was in shock (based on opinion of my nurse friend).

Eta in any case i hope you feel better soon! 

• yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks guys, I feel better after lots of medicine. Still going to Ob in the morning! 

I showered tonight and when I was soaping up I noticed a weird lump in my armpit. Meant to look it up earlier and fell asleep instead!
    So now I'm Up for a middle of the night feeding and googling symptoms. lump in my armpit, who isn't going to google that?! lol
    According to dr. Google, it's a swollen lymph node from mastitis. Which is weird, I don't have pain in my breast anywhere other than the usual first week of nursing fullness. But I'd bet that it's mastitis now that I found my lumpy armpit.