December 2016 Moms

ticker change Sunday 12/11

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

What's happening this week?

Symptoms etc?

RRQ?

GTKY:  how are you keeping yourself distracted and occupied in these last couple weeks before EDD?

Re: ticker change Sunday 12/11

• How far along are you?  39 weeks. ugh.

How big is baby?  the bump says pumpkin. sometimes I feel huge, sometimes I feel like, where is this 7 lb baby hiding?

What's happening this week?  I booked all of these appointments hoping that would cause baby to come. chiro on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, OB and BPP on Tuesday and I need to get in one more visit with our doula, DD2 has her class party on Wednesday and then on Thursday I have to take her for an ultrasound of her kidneys, DD1 has dance on Wednesday and it's a parent observation class...so all in all a busy week, just the kind of thing that having a baby would interrupt!

Symptoms etc?  I'm restless and bored, yet there is so little that I can do without being in pain so here I am, just sitting around and waiting. there is only so much online shopping and Netflix I can take.  I am hoping this "burst" of energy is a sign, but alas, even the BH contrx have gone away. 

RRQ?  we planned an entire day around our community movie night yesterday.  we were going to have a special Christmas dinner and watch elf with s'mores by the fire pit.  DH was so excited, we were so excited to have a last family thing before baby, then we get there any nothing is set up and he re-read the email and it is for next weekend. oh so disappointed.  yes I know there is a possibility that baby will still be locked up tight and we can still have the movie night but it was just such a let down.

GTKY:  how are you keeping yourself distracted and occupied in these last couple weeks before EDD?  selfishly asking this because I have had it. I've got nothing.  i am trying to stay distracted with gift shopping but i have no ideas for anyone which makes online shopping that much harder. and i'm doing what i can to navigate the stores but i can only walk so much before i'm in crippling pain again. makes it hard to concentrate on ideas.

• How far along are you? 39 weeks

How big is baby? Pumpkin, or just a baby now

What's happening this week? Last week of work before maternity leave, hopefully I make it

Symptoms etc? Lots of pelvic pain pressure still. Must be doing something though because doctor said I was 3 cm dilated and 50% thinned at my appointment on Thursday

RRQ? Ready for him to be out, mostly so everyone stops asking me if he's here yet. Trust me. You'd know if he was here

GTKY:  how are you keeping yourself distracted and occupied in these last couple weeks before EDD?

Working and cleaning the house. It's snowed the past two weekends so it's hard to do much else. 

• Loading the player...
  • squiddy224squiddy224 member
    edited December 2016

How far along are you? 39 weeks

How big is baby? Size of a pumpkin (and definitely feels like it too!)

What's happening this week? OB appointment tomorrow... would LOVE to hear that I've dilated further and they're sending me to the hospital. But not holding my breath because I've had several false alarms in the past week. I'm fully effaced now but stalled at 2-3cm dilated (depending on who was doing the checking.) 

Symptoms, etc? Lots of pelvic pressure. My doctors are VERY big on contraction length and timing before admitting patients to L&D so I'm hoping my water breaks or I'm dilated further at my appointment tomorrow because mine have not been consistent AT ALL at this point.  Also, my feet feel like balloons, so it's a little awkward walking around.

RRQ?  Kind of over being pregnant. And DH and I are very anxious to meet our Little Miss!

GTKY:  How are you keeping yourself distracted and occupied in these last couple weeks before EDD? Netflix and trying to keep myself as active as possible. Nesting has definitely hit me so I'm trying to get some last-minute things done around the house. I am done working for now, so that's a plus.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• How far along are you?

38 weeks

How big is baby?

As big as a winter melon

What's happening this week?

I have my weekly ob appointment on Tuesday and Tuesday is also my oldest son's 8th birthday! My in laws are coming over to celebrate with us for dinner, cake and presents :)  I'm also going to try to wrap all our Christmas presents this week...fingers crossed that I get it all done lol.  So far this week, that's it. 

Symptoms etc?

I don't know if it's just in my head but it seems like my boobs and nipples are more sore the last couple days than before and that I have to pee not necessarily more but when I do it's more urgent lol. 

RRQ?

Today's equivalent, exactly at 38 weeks, was the day that I gave birth to my youngest son.....I'm kind of hoping something happens in the next week so that we're home and settled by Christmas but I honestly don't feel like that's going to happen.  But then again, I wasn't thinking anything was going to happen when I went into labor with both my boys so here's to hoping me thinking it's not going to happen is a good sign  :D 

I'm cleaning and organizing my house like crazy...like I feel I'm constantly doing something around the house and not even necessarily baby related, buying Christmas presents, my boys keep me pretty busy in general but with birthdays and Christmas on top of school and therapy it seems I'm alittle more busy than normal. I'm trying not to think too much about only having 2 weeks until my due date and just taking it a day at a time, which sometimes works but not always lol.